• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bennett, Bunnies agree terms on $3m deal

Wayne also denied he was signing James Roberts

Ever thought Wayne might be the leak.

He certainly could be, and then those leaks start bringing up questions as to why? Is he using us as a bargaining tool? Is this cloak and dagger to get a bidding war for his final massive pay day?

Probably not, but it still comes back to my original belief that I ****ing hate leaks.

FWIW I don’t think Wayne delivers us #22, but he  will get us back on track towards it
I agree with you, I would hope we’d be back into prelims by then. I know I’ll be branded negative for this, but I don’t see #22 within 3 years for us any way we go.

Either way, we're spooners this season so the only way is up lmao

FWIW I don’t think Wayne delivers us #22, but he  will get us back on track towards it
Offer him a big bonus if he does and maybe he will be abit more ruthless in his pursuit

If Sam dies eventually come on board and take control of defence. You can bet we will start pushing the envelope again

He certainly could be, and then those leaks start bringing up questions as to why? Is he using us as a bargaining tool? Is this cloak and dagger to get a bidding war for his final massive pay day?

Probably not, but it still comes back to my original belief that I ****ing hate leaks.
Leaks come from the club due to them wanting to appease the membership and illustrate this is a dip not a downturn

From Wayne’s end, he’s telling the market you have till Monday

But I know for a fact that two weeks ago he calked a couple of players and one or two others informing them to keep it together and he will be here next year

Make of that what you will

I really dislike the fact Hornby and Furner are signed on for 2025. It’d have been nice to have some fresh blood. Nothing against Hornby either but again has just been here so long.

I know Furner has just joined but hes been here before and in way too many assistant roles where the results havent been great.

If it had come through Peter Badel at the Courier Mail, then it could have been Wayne leaking it to the media, however Michael Chammas instigated this latest Wayne signing frenzy. The rest just plagiarize the original story.

Last edited:
Chammas had the diary of a coach being sacked and the Dodd news didn’t he?

I really dislike the fact Hornby and Furner are signed on for 2025. It’d have been nice to have some fresh blood. Nothing against Hornby either but again has just been here so long.

I know Furner has just joined but hes been here before and in way too many assistant roles where the results havent been great.

Furner signing made no sense but it made sense when you found out he was mates with JD

Chammas had the diary of a coach being sacked and the Dodd news didn’t he?
He had Wayne, not sure on Dodd. Think it may have been the Tele.

Chammas and Weidler were speculating yesterday on their podcast that Cook and AJ could be the ones to have a tap on the shoulder. They made it sound like that was something potentially floating about in Rugby League circles.

He had Wayne, not sure on Dodd. Think it may have been the Tele.

Chammas and Weidler were speculating yesterday on their podcast that Cook and AJ could be the ones to have a tap on the shoulder. They made it sound like that was something potentially floating about in Rugby League circles.

They're linking JMK and saying Cook will get a tap on the shoulder.

Latest posts

Back