• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bennett, Bunnies agree terms on $3m deal

You watched, we are discussing, that’s success for them.
I did turn off straight after that 🤪 no chance I was going to be able to surviver Blocker or Cronk or whoever was on discussing the same things.

After seeing Braith last night and listening to him wanting the deal with Wayne to blow up I can’t wait to hear him now that it’s official. Even James Graham was the same.

Everything that Phil Rothfield was telling them Braith was trying to find a crack in the story.
I get the feeling that Wayne may not hold Braith in high regard following the negotiations with Munster when the Dolphins were desperate to sign him.

I'm sure there was a kerfuffle over Munster not being "man enough" to call Wayne and inform him of his decision to stay with the Storm.

I have to laugh at the hole Anasta finds himself in with Ilias. He has a player who from reports wants to stay at Souths and he has to negotiate with Solly and Bennett to keep his client happy!

It will be fun watching this.

Glad he's back, but I absolutely hate his press conferences.
Really? I love the way he gives the journos only what he wants to tell them, all the time with a smart arsed look on his face, then his one liners that give me a chuckle.

No idea why people still watch those shows
Agree.

The confected outrage and conflict, while not actually discussing anything of heft, means I don’t watch it.

You can see it with the way Graham (on the couple of videos posted here that I watched), has suddenly “got angry”.

And funnily enough it’s affecting his podcasts - to the point that I’m at the point of not listening.

We really need a proper analysis show that’s not riven by fake conflicts and stupid agendas.

After seeing Braith last night and listening to him wanting the deal with Wayne to blow up I can’t wait to hear him now that it’s official. Even James Graham was the same.

Everything that Phil Rothfield was telling them Braith was trying to find a crack in the story.

I liked Graham at one stage but he's turning into a really arrogant prat.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely THE BEST news to come home to! Finally it's all confirmed! I said I wouldn't celebrate until it was all signed, well, I'm celebrating right now!

Honestly, this is massive for our club. Wayne is Wayne. We know what he can do, and he is exactly what we need right now.

Kudos to the club for finally making a good decision, and hopefully this is the start of the rebirth.

I am so God damn excited! I had tears in my eyes when I saw the news initially.

Hohhhhhhh how good!!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely THE BEST news to come home to! Finally it's all confirmed! I said I wouldn't celebrate until it was all signed, well, I'm celebrating right now!

Honestly, this is massive for our club. Wayne is Wayne. We know what he can do, and he is exactly what we need right now.

Kudos to the club for finally making a good decision, and hopefully this is the start of the rebirth.

I am so God damn excited! I had tears in my eyes when I saw the news initially.

Hohhhhhhh how good!!

You make me laugh, in a good way.

Wayne confirmed he was coming to south's last night close to before they went on air so they probably ignored it to whip it up into a story as that's what they planned to discuss on the show.

That show has been hit or miss lately tbh.

I’m confident that Wayne wouldn’t see the team as a bottom dweller in need of a roster rebuild….on the contrary he’d see a very good roster not that far removed from the one that was leading the NRL halfway through season 2023 and with 80% of the playing personnel that he coached to the GF in 2021. Right now the team is spluttering and very slowly recovering from what I consider the worst injury toll in living memory. I’ve heard commentators talk about momentum and it’s clear that the team is struggling to get into the winning groove. We just seem to be bereft of a game plan to arrest a momentum shift. There seems to be close to zero confidence within the group with a wooden spoon looming large.
Yes, there needs to be a critical examination of all of the negative factors that have impacted team performance and to my untrained eye I’d say fitness and conditioning is top of the list. Until and unless that happens no amount of player churn will make much difference.
I see the need for 3 key personnel recruitments…a front rower, a hole running edge forward and a strike winger. Those additions and the return of the currently unavailable players would go a long way to returning the team to finals football.
Needless to say just the fact that Wayne is back will lift the team.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back