• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 16: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

Early in the second half AJ up that Manly player arse after the break put enough doubt in that they didn’t score the try. Massive play from AJ had me out of my seat

No the lesson to be learnt from Lachy is you don’t give a rookie a starting spine position and hope for the best.

He should be proving his worth now off the bench that a starting spot is undeniable for him in 25 but frankly he’s not.
Thays what he us doing. He has proven this year he is able to do the job. Every week people go on about his defence yet is is the same as cooks. He has made some great plays over the weeks woth limited time. We won't know until he is a started how he will go. Lachy was given two plus years and did not improve.

Too many people watch games and just remember the flashy plays and miss the 1 percenters that happen out there.

Which is fine, I envy that, watching for joy is what we should all do. A decade in stats and analysis changed the way I watch games lol.

With this in mind I find some of the takes on here the past few months absolutely wild, especially in regards to Moale, Mamouzelos and Wighton. It's not until they do something flashy that people stand up and take notice.

We all bring our bias' into it, I suppose. People see what they want.

Too many people watch games and just remember the flashy plays and miss the 1 percenters that happen out there.

Which is fine, I envy that, watching for joy is what we should all do. A decade in stats and analysis changed the way I watch games lol.

With this in mind I find some of the takes on here the past few months absolutely wild, especially in regards to Moale, Mamouzelos and Wighton. It's not until they do something flashy that people stand up and take notice.

This is what I have noticed: Maole has been huge. He is deceptively quick for a big guy and his efforts in covering breaks back through the middle have been significant. Wighton's efforts can't be questioned however, the left side attack has died since he moved to 5/8. As for Mamouzelos, my opinion of him has changed. I thought he was a plodder but his delivery from hooker is excellent, he get the forwards on the front foot very well. Also his defence is good. I can see him improving under WB.

What you’re saying is true.

With that said, what takes (anonymously) are you referring to with the players you’ve mentioned?

To provide my perspective.

I’m not a fan of Wighton at 5/8 as I think he takes space away from his outside men and isn’t that creative. He’s better as a centre.

Mamo - my opinion has evolved a bit on Mamo. Initially I wasn’t convinced that he was a 1st grade hooker. I’m still not convinced but he’s done some things at DH that make me think that with a full offseason he may be a good enough prospect there.

Moale - in the last few weeks, he’s finally dropped his body height and is getting far better PCM. Earlier in the season I’d posted on here that he was too tall in contact and was easily manhandled by the defence. His leg drive has improved out of sight because of the change in body height in contact.

We seenm to HR Ave lost the other games thread but I was pleased for Adam Douhie scoring that intercept on his turn game

Is there anyone better than Mamo currently on the market apart from the Rooster with white line fever ? Mamo has looked good in most games and we need to take into account he'll have a serious off season knowing the jobs his. With Wayne and his staff working with him. I think he'll be fine . In saying that I would have kept Cook , but that's old news now so time to move on.

Moale - in the last few weeks, he’s finally dropped his body height and is getting far better PCM. Earlier in the season I’d posted on here that he was too tall in contact and was easily manhandled by the defence. His leg drive has improved out of sight because of the change in body height in contact.
I haven't noticed this so I will check some video and see if I do.

With that said, what takes (anonymously) are you referring to with the players you’ve mentioned?

I’m not a fan of Wighton at 5/8 as I think he takes space away from his outside men and isn’t that creative. He’s better as a centre.

Mamo - my opinion has evolved a bit on Mamo. Initially I wasn’t convinced that he was a 1st grade hooker. I’m still not convinced but he’s done some things at DH that make me think that with a full offseason he may be a good enough prospect there.

I agree that Wighton could improve in terms of his ball playing but I like him at 5/8 at the moment for his kicking and also defence.

Hi Prowsey!
I watched replay ... admittedly of first half so far and I was super impressed with DM ... what an effort ... KK yes was great but DM just as good
I did however notice with SK the following
1. His hitups were very good ... lots of energy
2. His D was different?... almost every time he tackled, he was 2nd or 3rd man in... very few head on first up tackles ... yes he did hit Brooks later in 1st half near our goal line but apart from that he did not ...
Then I looked at others like Moale and other forwards who took the ball carrier front on with force ... and I appreciated Moale even more!
Also with SK, He often seems to be in defensive line just half metre behind other players on his left and right quite often meaning he then comes in as 2nd or 3rd man in D
Possibly it is coached to do this? ... unsure ... and i have not reviewed 2nd half so I could be wrong.. i will watch the 2nd half tomorrow and if I was wrong, I will retract my comments.
Anyway, SK had very good match, but loved DMs whole game ...IMO his best NRL match yet
What a future DM has in NRL ... Hopefully all at the burrow
😁

Latest posts

Back