• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Bennett, Bunnies agree terms on $3m deal

And add to that, the fact it sounds like Parra had a real crack at him, but he still felt loyal to us and our club is a huge show of faith
Indeed. WB loves the history of our game and he loves the history of this club, MIGHTY SOUTH SYDNEY.

We just need WB to do his thing and gee some good luck re injuries and rehab the next three seasons would be a nice change!

WB will coach his 1,000th NRL game, late in the season, in his third year at our MIGHTY club, SOUTH SYDNEY.

I know WB doesn't like a fuss being made about him, however, we must acknowledge that achievement BIG TIME, as will NRL HQ.

Just like the great Sir Donald Bradman, WB will set a record that I cannot see being equaled, ever!

“I just want to get back there and I like that part of Sydney as well. It is easy to live there.”

When asked if he had unfinished business he said there “was in a way”.

He will take over a club that is currently in last place on the NRL ladder.

Bennett has always stated that success starts in the front office and he has a close relationship with CEO Blake Solly and chairman Nick Pappas.

“I have a good rapport with everybody there,” he said.

“I had a great three years there and I am looking forward to going back.”

The Rabbitohs confirmed Bennett’s return with a press statement.

RABBITOHS STATEMENT

Advertisement
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are delighted to be welcoming back Wayne Bennett as the Club’s Head Coach for the next three seasons from 2025 onwards.

Bennett is regarded as one of the greatest coaches of all time, having coached over 900 games with NRL Clubs and over 1100 first grade and representative games since the 1970s, claiming seven premierships with the Broncos and Dragons, as well Grand Final appearances with the Rabbitohs and Raiders. He also won a
premiership with Brisbane Souths in 1985 and six State of Origin series with Queensland, most recently in 2020.

Bennett has also had enormous success at the international level, coaching Australia, England and Great Britain at various times throughout his coaching career.

Bennett was the Rabbitohs’ Head Coach between 2019 and 2021, taking the Club to preliminary final appearances in the first two years and the Grand Final in his final season in charge of South Sydney.

Bennett’s on-field success is complemented by his ability to assist players and staff off-the-field, renowned as one of Australian sports’ great people-managers.

Rabbitohs Chairman, Nicholas Pappas AM, said: “On behalf of the Board of the Rabbitohs we look forward to
welcoming Wayne back to the Club, and to finishing off what we got so close to achieving in 2021.”

The Rabbitohs wish Coach Bennett the best of luck for the remainder of the 2024 season. Out of respect for him and his current club, the Dolphins, the Rabbitohs won’t make any further comment until he completes his duties with the Dolphins and resumes coaching at South Sydney.

can our billionaire owners snare Penriffs high performance team to Souths?

Reactions: CCR
After seeing Braith last night and listening to him wanting the deal with Wayne to blow up I can’t wait to hear him now that it’s official. Even James Graham was the same.

Everything that Phil Rothfield was telling them Braith was trying to find a crack in the story.

What I found funny during all of this was how open and honest Wayne was being the last few weeks. They are not use to Wayne being so honest about these sort of things. Once again Wayne played the media.

After seeing Braith last night and listening to him wanting the deal with Wayne to blow up I can’t wait to hear him now that it’s official. Even James Graham was the same.

Everything that Phil Rothfield was telling them Braith was trying to find a crack in the story.
It was really cringy to watch. I think Braith is taking his investigative/conspiracy theory type angles too far now. I get its TV and ratings blah but how they squeezed 20 odd minutes out of it last night I’ll never know.

It was really cringy to watch. I think Braith is taking his investigative/conspiracy theory type angles too far now. I get its TV and ratings blah but how they squeezed 20 odd minutes out of it last night I’ll never know.
You watched, we are discussing, that’s success for them.

Reactions: CCR

Latest posts

Back