• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

I honestly feel like speaking with you is like dealing with my daughter, and she is 3. Easy fix, I’ll stop responding and vice versa.
Have a sook then just as we both fully disagree!

So I guess we could say that in the eyes of Wayne Bennett Damien Cook isn’t good enough either?

I seem to remember the talk in the media by former players was positive around Lachie after his first year. Coming first up to round 11 there was no issue then. Sure he had his shortcomings, but we beat the Panthers, Broncos and Storm in back to back to back weeks with him as our halfback.

For whatever reason the wheels fell off. Our forward pack that was dominating so much was now struggling. Our great defence disappeared. The shortcomings on Lachie were getting exposed.

But he wasn’t alone there. Cody too was struggling. Funny enough the blame for that seemed to fall on the shoulders of Lachie rather than Cody himself. See where I’m going with this?

The talk by many including a former player/coach was it was all the halfbacks fault. I really didn’t get that as there were a couple of games where we scored 30 points and still lost. How could we blame the halfback after those losses?

We saw what happened when JD finally dropped Lachie and brought what a few thought was the savour. The funny thing at the same time Lachie actually looked much better and doing things we didn’t see in first grade. Up until he was injured.

All in the same time we were still losing.

Then we saw JD sacked. Our form started to turn around. It took us a few weeks, but you could see improvement there. Then we went on a run.

So could it be that Lachie wasn’t the problem, but the coach? Hard to say. But Lachie was decent enough his first 18 months.

Wayne will make the tough decisions. Some we won’t like. Funnily enough it was Braith who made the move of wanting to look elsewhere.
I think Wayne thinks Cook is passed his best yes I do and he wants to go cheaper there to get workers into the squad.

Yes we won games and were leading the comp but our kicking game still was well off. Ilias had a blinder against Sharks round 1 but I can’t remember any stand out or great game from him first half of year apart from that.

I think both JD and Ilias were both big issues personally. But yes Ilias wasn’t solely to blame but I didn’t see him as our long term 7. Cody has done it before he was in a slump but has the runs on the board and would bounce back and he has. If Ilias is still here next year let’s see if he bounces back let’s see if he gets that kicking game where it needs to be. Also he needs to get his error rate down. Let’s see if he can show some creativity. His defence as I said is the big positive.

I agree with you Wayne will make tough decisions we won’t like but if it brings success I’m all for it.

No it's a nothing game.🙄 Only the best two club sides from Australia and England play in it. Yeh ,that's a nothing game. I think it's of a little more importance than your average premiership winning field goals. It was a massive pressure moment and Dodd had the kahunas to nail it.
Well yeah it’s that, and it’s kind of a preseason trial too (for the NRL side). But that’s beside the point.

I’m not arguing the weight of the game as much as I’m arguing that kicking a game winning field goal isn’t an indication someone is a good halfback.

That’s the part that annoys me.

People continuously citing ‘his world club challenge game’. He was solid in that game, then kicked the field goal.

Which is great. I prefer him to have kicked it than missed it.

But it get’s brought up so much as some sort mark of competency.

That’s all.

Not a knock on Lewis, it’s a knock on the frequency that that game is quoted by fans and muppet journos.

Surely the Reynolds groupies can't carry their hysteria into a 4th year, they just couldn't.
Absolutely they could and I'd hasten to suggest that as long as he's still playing this thread will be up and firing bullets.

What was lachie good at? In actual halfback play not defence.

He was carried. He had no positive say on the result.
I guess we can all look at things and make arguments to suit our agenda. Like right here. We win and it’s those around him. We lose then it’s Lachie’s fault.

The funny thing is if you actually took notice of his game in NSW Cup when he was dropped you would have seen a more diverse player. It’s almost like he was told he was the main guy.

His kicking game was so much better. It had variation in it. It makes me question was he going by a game plan?

The biggest gripe I had with Lachie was he didn’t have the ability to think on his feet.

But my whole argument is that so many like to re-write history on here when things are going bad. I don’t think Ilias was ever going to be that guy.

Let’s be honest. The Adam Reynolds we have seen at the Broncos wasn’t the Adam we saw with us. He took a backseat to Cody. It’s also funny our right side the first half of last year was more affective than when Adam was playing.

The funny thing is if you actually took notice of his game in NSW Cup when he was dropped you would have seen a more diverse player. It’s almost like he was told he was the main guy.
He’s a good NSW Cup player.

And agree totally that the Broncos Reynolds likely doesn’t happen if he stays here. That seemed to light a pretty big fire under him and rejuvenated the end of his career.

Or perhaps he just revelled in the environment of being the big dog leader.

He’s a good NSW Cup player.

And agree totally that the Broncos Reynolds likely doesn’t happen if he stays here. That seemed to light a pretty big fire under him and rejuvenated the end of his career.

Or perhaps he just revelled in the environment of being the big dog leader.
He like Duncan are far to good for NSW cup. It's the place they go to iron out flaws in their game as most rookies have. I'm certain he'll come back and be challenging for a spot in first grade.

But my whole argument is that so many like to re-write history on here when things are going bad. I don’t think Ilias was ever going to be that guy.

You mean re-write history like this?

Let’s be honest. The Adam Reynolds we have seen at the Broncos wasn’t the Adam we saw with us. He took a backseat to Cody. It’s also funny our right side the first half of last year was more affective than when Adam was playing.

Adams best years of halfback play in his career were the 20 and 21 seasons. He was at his best and he carried it on to the broncos. The biggest myth/cope on here is that he was this whole new player after he left.

Adams best years of halfback play in his career were the 20 and 21 seasons. He was at his best and he carried it on to the broncos. The biggest myth/cope on here is that he was this whole new player after he left.
Yep Reyno doing what he did in that combo with Cody allowed Cody to do what he does. That’s a big part of why Cody loved his partnership with Reyno it worked so well.

Not re-writing history at all. Have a look at the difference in his game in those years compared to last year at the Broncos. Just have to look at his try assists. His role for us those years were much different than at the Broncos. If you can’t see that then I can’t help you.

Back