• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

Well if he was meant to stay we should have found a way to offer 2 guaranteed years we didn’t even try.
Well the team he's gone to has put in one decent season and still hasn't won a comp since he left us. So why the big fanfare ? He's done jacksh.t since he bolted for the cash.

Well the team he's gone to has put in one decent season and still hasn't won a comp since he left us. So why the big fanfare ? He's done jacksh.t since he bolted for the cash.
You’re funny they went from a bottom 2 or 3 side in 2021 and they improved in 2021 to fade late and finish 9th I think it was they would’ve been bottom 2 or 3 again without Adam. Carrigan getting a month suspension hurt them back then. Then we all know they made a GF last year many players never even make one so it’s a fine achievement to get that far. Then yes this year Reyno has had a number of injuries and Brisbane have struggled and gone on a losing streak. If Reyno had been fit though I think they’d be in the bottom of the 8 right now. So yes you could say it was the right call of us not to offer 3 years I get that on Souths end too with being hurt by long term deals with Sam and GI. But to never offer 2 years was baffling and many are still baffled today. But yes Adam is now at the back end of his career, Ilias hasn’t worked out so I’m hoping Dodd will prove to be what we need. Another interesting thing in a couple of years will be how we cope with Cody probs retiring. Will be interesting to see if Trell moves to 5/8 permanently but that’s a whole other discussion. I’m a big Jye Gray fan but I worry he mightn’t be big enough to play 5/8 every week in this comp he might cop lots of head knocks.

Well if he was meant to stay we should have found a way to offer 2 guaranteed years we didn’t even try.

We tried, he took the 12 pieces of silver instead.

I also suggest you’re memory is failing you. Claims of Walker being poor or average without Reynolds’s garbage. Round 18 last year. Walker was MOM and leading our voting.
yep really poor😆😆😆

Oh, and of note, Lachy was in our top 5 fir those who claim he wasn’t even any good last year😆😆😆

photo sharing

You’re funny they went from a bottom 2 or 3 side in 2021 and they improved in 2021 to fade late and finish 9th I think it was they would’ve been bottom 2 or 3 again without Adam. Carrigan getting a month suspension hurt them back then. Then we all know they made a GF last year many players never even make one so it’s a fine achievement to get that far. Then yes this year Reyno has had a number of injuries and Brisbane have struggled and gone on a losing streak. If Reyno had been fit though I think they’d be in the bottom of the 8 right now. So yes you could say it was the right call of us not to offer 3 years I get that on Souths end too with being hurt by long term deals with Sam and GI. But to never offer 2 years was baffling and many are still baffled today. But yes Adam is now at the back end of his career, Ilias hasn’t worked out so I’m hoping Dodd will prove to be what we need. Another interesting thing in a couple of years will be how we cope with Cody probs retiring. Will be interesting to see if Trell moves to 5/8 permanently but that’s a whole other discussion. I’m a big Jye Gray fan but I worry he mightn’t be big enough to play 5/8 every week in this comp he might cop lots of head knocks.
So yeh they've achieved jacksh.t since he went for the money. Pretty much what we achieved with Illias as our 7 bar one game. Thanks for clarifying that. 👍

Season 2023 votes.
Crap season from Walker, clearly nothing without Reynolds & Illias clearly did nothing all year despite polling more votes than everyones darling, Murray and Koalamatangi who had a breakout season💡💡💡💡

All the conjecture and speculation; blame laying is really wasted. Not wanting to censor expression of opinion because that is what a forum is for. The same 'conclusions' that we couldn't win with Reyno or Lachie are all based on subjective opinion. If we need any proof of how outcomes are impacted by so many factors that defy rational explanations our last 20 months should be enough. From the penthouse to the shit house then back to the mezzanine level with our on field performances. There are so many moving parts and at the heart of all this are human beings the most complicated of all creatures - what really makes them tick? Anyway a little Deep for a Saturday morning (Deep by name Deep by nature; for those that know my true persona they will get this)...if it makes you happy or lets you vent either way continue in good health but also in good nature. Lets not get overly personal about what coulda, shoulda, never happened....except for Prowsey...still trolling you mate :cool: ....yeah, nah only joking. The one thing we all share is the hope of seeing our mighty football club regain its position as the Pride of the League. glory, glory
Linda Lovelace??

I also suggest you’re memory is failing you. Claims of Walker being poor or average without Reynolds’s garbage. Round 18 last year. Walker was MOM and leading our voting.
yep really poor😆😆😆

Oh, and of note, Lachy was in our top 5 fir those who claim he wasn’t even any good last year😆😆😆

photo sharing
We didn’t try and keep him for 2 years. I was not talking about last year I was talking about 2022 Cody was down on try assists and line break assists and struggled first half of 2022. Even greats of the game who now commentate like Joey Johns etc and others were saying Cody looked lost without Reyno. Then Trell came back and we hit form in 2022 on the run home. Last year as well on run home Cody complained to JD that he wanted another halfback and not Ilias so go figure. But of course there was massive issues across the board besides halfback.

yep really poor😆😆😆
Sorry Captain can't agree.
It was 30 pieces of Silver.

FFS GIVE IT A REST.

If he was meant to stay he could have accepted the contract we offered him.
Instead he said **** you Souths I am chasing bigger dollars at Brisbane.

Or to sum up, despite the #7 being the guy who gets you acrosss the line in big games, you know, like Cleary does, the facts are Reynolds has failed in all his prelims, and failed in the GF when Cleary butt jacked him and showed him how it's done.

We were told they bought him to win a comp, how's that going for them?
How did they go yesterday?

The facts are, he's just not that good, there is a reason he played so little rep football.

He's a very solid #7, but has not and never will rise above that level.

Now give it a ****ing rest, it's been 3 years, it's over, move on.

The Pride voting system can be flawed at times, or at least nuanced.

You get a game like the season opener against the Sharks (Lachie’s best game in grade - no disputing he had a really good appearance that night exploiting a woeful Sharks corridor), or where he kicked the field goal to beat Manly, and a players votes get catapulted up in a narrow sample size.

A high emotion win that draws a lot a voting participation from the forum and a somewhat unanimous round of 2’s and 3’s.

If you could be bothered Captain, I’d love to see Lachie’s points accumulation by round that 2023 season. My gut says they would be in quite isolated chunks and confined to 3-4 games where he accumulated those 250 points.

If so, some might argue ‘well he still played well those games’. Yeah, but you want a 7 who contributes for more than 4 games a season. It’s an important position in the side after all.

If not, I’ll go back into my box.

Comments like this really anger me, especially still being thrown around 3 ****ing seasons after the fact.

You know NOTHING about what goes on in the board room, the players debriefs, contract meetings etc etc. Nothing. So stop posting your bullshit

Miss Adam Reynolds the person and the player. That’s fine. I sure do and so do a lot of others on here. Unlike you, I get to listen to him every week on MMM Brisbane and enjoy it. Again, unlike you, I don’t feel the need to make up stories to shit can the club I love about what happened.

Your broken record seriously needs to ****ing stop, especially with the lies and made up stories you use incessantly to labour a long lost point.

As Aylsa said - let it go.

If you could be bothered Captain, I’d love to see Lachie’s points accumulation by round that 2023 season. My gut says they would be in quite isolated chunks and confined to 3-4 games where he accumulated those 250 points.

If so, some might argue ‘well he still played well those games’. Yeah, but you want a 7 who contributes for more than 4 games a season. It’s an important position in the side after all.

I get your point poet but let’s remember his age and stage of development. I don’t know that anyone has claimed he was top shelf and able to achieve what you suggested above, which you need to be

Bear in mind that with our voting, we give 3-2-1 but the people generally praise and 3 or 4 others who went well. Lachy often featured in those comments as well so I think it’s fair to say he contributed

We didn’t try and keep him for 2 years. I was not talking about last year I was talking about 2022 Cody was down on try assists and line break assists and struggled first half of 2022. Even greats of the game who now commentate like Joey Johns etc and others were saying Cody looked lost without Reyno. Then Trell came back and we hit form in 2022 on the run home. Last year as well on run home Cody complained to JD that he wanted another halfback and not Ilias so go figure. But of course there was massive issues across the board besides halfback.
Mate it's now been proven that it was the right decision to let Reyno go, you really need to come to grips with it.

Latest posts

Back