• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Where are the eternal optimists?

I am not surprised at where we are. The writing was on the wall last year when Sam walked and the Souths heirarchy supported JD in typical head in the sand fashion. I didn't see JD as the coach to turn things around. I didn't see how, loss after loss, he was going to reinvigorate the players with new coaching expertise the following year. He had time and opportunity to do that during last season. I thought he and Illias were our biggest drawbacks, but now they're joined by our elite overpaid 'stars.' Same boring formula that other teams have worked out.

Like him or loathe him Phil Gould is spot on with his assessment of Souths and in particular LM. I didn’t think many people shared my view that Latrell has lost interest in the game and is in effect going through the motions and this has been evident for the past 2 seasons, flashes of brilliance here and there but his overall commitment to the team has been on the decline.
Putting on my Nostradamus hat I’m tipping that both JD and LM will move on and LM will sit out 2024 and have a decision around his future beyond 2024 but it won’t be with Souths.
There’s unfortunately no way to avoid the turmoil that will result from this saga. I can’t believe it could possibly come to this.

Last edited:
Like him or loathe him Phil Gould is spot on with his assessment of Souths and in particular LM. I didn’t think many people shared my view that Latrell has lost interest in the game and is in effect going through the motions and this has been evident for the past 2 seasons, flashes of brilliance here and there but his overall commitment to the team has been on the decline.
Putting on my Nostradamus hat I’m tipping that both JD and LM will move on and LM will sit out 2024 and have a decision around his future beyond 2024 but it won’t be with Souths.
There’s unfortunately no way to avoid the turmoil that will result from this saga. I can’t believe it could possibly come to this.

I don't think it will come to that.

I think Future Capt Jack will sort out Trell once we get a new coach, after all it's partly why we signed him.

I must also add that despite the fact I answered the question in this thread, I don't consider myself an eternal optimist.

I do tend to look at the optimistic side of situations and people, it goes with my job in many ways.

But eternal optimist? Not so much.

I must also add that despite the fact I answered the question in this thread, I don't consider myself an eternal optimist.

I do tend to look at the optimistic side of situations and people, it goes with my job in many ways.

But eternal optimist? Not so much.
I am.

I don’t think there’s a more depressing sentence in the history of mankind than…
“I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist”.

Every day that you are able to go from horizontal to vertical, and walk this amazing planet is a good day.

But that’s just me.
A bit of hyperbole on my part too.
I’m ok being called an eternal optimist, far far better than the alternative.

I’ve even warmed to being called a PollyAnna…so there you go.

As I said up above, I’ll generally support my team no matter what.

I hope you’re not suggesting that people being critical of their team are not supporting their team.

I have not once stopped supporting my team.

I hope you’re not suggesting that people being critical of their team are not supporting their team.

I have not once stopped supporting my team.
Can you point to where I’ve said that. For ****’s sake mate - have a bex and a good lie down.

I’ll give you a tip, I generally don’t “suggest” or infer things. I normally come right out and say it. And unlike others on here I don’t criticise other people for how they choose to support their team.

Prowsey, it’s 6AM champ, I think you’re the one in need of a bex and lie down.

Sheesh.

I wasn’t criticising you.

Prowsey, it’s 6AM champ, I think you’re the one in need of a bex and lie down.

Sheesh.

I wasn’t criticising you.
It seemed like you were. I apologise if that wasn’t the case.

I’m the last person to tell anyone how to support their club - it does my head in.

My only point is that my general approach to the club and the team, is that I will see the positives and support the club and players regardless. I will give the benefit of the doubt.

But every now and then I hit an inflection point, and I’m at this point with JD AND the rest of the football department.

We need to make some changes, now.

I am.

I don’t think there’s a more depressing sentence in the history of mankind than…

Every day that you are able to go from horizontal to vertical, and walk this amazing planet is a good day.

But that’s just me.

I’ve even warmed to being called a PollyAnna…so there you go.

As I said up above, I’ll generally support my team no matter what.

The espressions I really hate are "Happy Clapper" and "you accept meiocrity"

So arrogant, like they have a right to decide what is mediocre and then judge you on it.
Though they don't use it on the Pride much anymore, seems to be more on The Warren.

The espressions I really hate are "Happy Clapper" and "you accept meiocrity"
How about your not a real fan if you critique the coach, club or players
So arrogant,

I that’s arrogant and ignorant

If people don’t speak up and question the direction of things slavery, apartheid and a lot of other shit would still be going on

If one person within the football department had the balls to back Sam and oppose Brock we wouldn’t be going through this now

Too many were happy to ignore the obvious and sit quietly as long as they kept their jobs

Now let’s see how that works out for them

How about your not a real fan if you critique the coach, club or players

Can't really comment as I have not seen anyone say that.
I have seen lots of posters say criticise as much as you want but there is no need to get personal towards they players by using childish names for them and making it insulting.

I that’s arrogant and ignorant

It would be.

If people don’t speak up and question the direction of things slavery, apartheid and a lot of other shit would still be going on

Don't see how slavery etc ties into the communication styles of posters, but anyway....................

If one person within the football department had the balls to back Sam and oppose Brock we wouldn’t be going through this now

Again, no relevance to what I have been discussing.

Too many were happy to ignore the obvious and sit quietly as long as they kept their jobs

Again, nothing to do with what I have been discussing.

Now let’s see how that works out for them

Sure.

I am.

There’s a massive difference between being realistic and pessimistic and I know you’re smart enough to realise that

But that’s just me.

An eternal optimist would be confident or at least of the belief that JD can turn things around

Instead you’re on the bandwagon of wanting him gone as you now believe he’s done

That’s being a realist.

Welcome to the club😎

Back