• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Where are the eternal optimists?

Shame it takes some people so long to wake up.

Mitchell has been taking the piss for 4 years now. We are a complete waste of time while he and JD are still around.

Wake me when they're gone, because until then we are no chance of doing anything.

ive said it since last year. aj will fall at least 6 tries short before retiring after next year.
Sadly, I think that's always been the correct projection, even if we hoped it would be different.

ive said it since last year. aj will fall at least 6 tries short before retiring after next year.
There is no way that AJ retires end of next year if his body is still up to it being that close to the record. Probably won’t be with us. But he will pick up a contract elsewhere.

Prob not the time to turn on each other.

The club is going to lose members over this as it stands. I really hope that there are changes in the footy department because they have put us in this position.

After Rd1 I said it was too early for sacking the coach, and that my personal view was to give him until Rd 4 or 5 and then review the situation.

Well, we have hit Rd5 and there is not a shred of evidence to suggest JD can turn this around.
It pains me to say this because he seems like such a good and likeable guy, but I think there is enough evidence to move him on.

At the end of the day, being a nice guy doesn't provide wins, and that's what I want to see.

The difficult thing is, who takes over?

Without going through all the options and reasons, I would probably go for Joe O.

Trell Mitchell?

I don't think there has been a bigger supporter of Trell than I have been.
But yesterday my patience was truly tested. At one stage I found myself screaming out loud "just **** off if you're not going to give us 100%".

The elbow and the spear tackle yesterday was two of the dumbest things I've ever seen from any player, ever, those actions made Radley look like a genius.

I am incredibly saddened by where we are at and don't see any quick fix, as a passionate Bunny it's heartbreaking to witness.

Not sure what the answer is, but playing coach for a second, my side for next week would not include:

Mitchell
Walker
Cook
Koloamatangi
Keppie, they would all be in Reggies, and if they don't like it, they can **** off.

My new Captain would be Jack Wighton.

EDIT:

We have gone from a team that all league fans expected to be either top 4 or in a Prelim every season, to a cringe worthy rabble that seems to have no heart.

How?
When I spoke with Blake Solly prior to Adam leaving he said that Latrell, Cody and Damien would win us a premiership, I said without a champion halfback we couldn’t.
I knew then that he was a poor leader and JD would have had a big say in the Adam decision. Look where we have landed, an unenthusiastic rabble. I love Cam he is my favourite player but he is not a Captain, I would appoint Jack. Management, coaches and players are all to blame for disgracing our great club. Solly, JD, Latrell and Cody all have to go and we need to start afresh. They were an absolute shambles yesterday expect for Milne who put pride in the jersey. We could manage, run and coach the club better. Don’t know what they fixed in the off season, oops yes I do, NOTHING. Let’s get some PRIDE back. It seems only us fans care. Also Coach doesn’t have the players fit and they do what they like. Qudos to Sam the voice of reason. Latrells actions yesterday on the field were not that of a supposed role model.

Prob not the time to turn on each other.

The club is going to lose members over this as it stands. I really hope that there are changes in the footy department because they have put us in this position.
Sadly you are very likely correct about membership declining in 2025 (and probably like you I’m praying that we don’t see that).

We will need to rebuild our culture and that will likely mean stagnating or going backwards before going forwards and it just shits me when I see the players we have on paper (injuries or not).

For me season 2024 is really hurting and I thought those bad years so long ago were all over.

unfortunately 1 or 2 bad years every 6 or 7 Is just how it is. hopefully that ratio doesnt get any worse

I was one of the optimists, but I was wrong. I'm not one of those lucky ones that know it all and am never wrong.

After Rd1 I said it was too early for sacking the coach, and that my personal view was to give him until Rd 4 or 5 and then review the situation.

Well, we have hit Rd5 and there is not a shred of evidence to suggest JD can turn this around.
It pains me to say this because he seems like such a good and likeable guy, but I think there is enough evidence to move him on.

At the end of the day, being a nice guy doesn't provide wins, and that's what I want to see.

The difficult thing is, who takes over?

Without going through all the options and reasons, I would probably go for Joe O.

Trell Mitchell?

I don't think there has been a bigger supporter of Trell than I have been.
But yesterday my patience was truly tested. At one stage I found myself screaming out loud "just **** off if you're not going to give us 100%".

The elbow and the spear tackle yesterday was two of the dumbest things I've ever seen from any player, ever, those actions made Radley look like a genius.

I am incredibly saddened by where we are at and don't see any quick fix, as a passionate Bunny it's heartbreaking to witness.

Not sure what the answer is, but playing coach for a second, my side for next week would not include:

Mitchell
Walker
Cook
Koloamatangi
Keppie, they would all be in Reggies, and if they don't like it, they can **** off.

My new Captain would be Jack Wighton.

EDIT:

We have gone from a team that all league fans expected to be either top 4 or in a Prelim every season, to a cringe worthy rabble that seems to have no heart.

How?
I tend to agree and the worry shifts from JD being at the core of the problems to a split in the playing ranks with some not on good terms with others. I could easily believe that on one side you’d have Cody and Latrell and on the other Murray, AJ and Cookie. JW would have been aligned with Cody and Latrell in the beginning but I’m guessing would work to fix the rift. We could end up losing a player or two in the aftermath. First in line would be Latrell IMO.

It’s something that’s annoyed me for years. We shaft ourselves constantly.
I wonder where we would be if we played Titans Dogs, sharks in our first 5🤔

Last edited:
I was appointed as the CEO of the PollyAnnas on here.

People seem to get confused with my approach to supporting my club vs theirs, but I will happily admit that I support my club, generally no matter what.

I will ride the highs with the club and traverse the lows with them.

I was prepared to give the club/playing group the benefit of the doubt last year when we set another unwanted record.

I thought the pre-season looked good.

And privately (and may have said it on here) I was giving JD and the coaching team 11 rounds to turn it around. If we hadn’t made much improvement by then, it was time to move on…but I’d support everyone until that point.

I got a lot of grief for my support of the club - with the insults flying thick and fast - I gave as good as I got to be clear and I’m not moaning about being called names.

But as I’ve said elsewhere the Roosters game did it for me. The lack of effort and attention to detail was the most maddening thing. As an aside, I’ve only got really shitty with my team 3-4 times in the 56 years I’ve been supporting them. And each time it’s when I perceive the players are taking the piss.

Well the Roosters game was one of those times (some of you may remember my losing my shit after that abysmal performance against Canberra in 2010 [will have the year wrong]).

And the Warriors was another one. We just gave up yesterday. There was no resilience. No desire to defend our errors (of which there were way to ****ing many) and no effort or heart.

I’ll put up with a lot of shit, I will defend my team when we lose - when it seems every other person on here is calling for every head in the club to roll.

I will not put up with players taking the piss.

I won’t put with a Coach who has clearly lost the dressing room and is out of ideas.

And I won’t put up with professional footballers, earning over $700k p.a. looking unfit and disinterested.

So I am firmly in the “rip the band aid off” camp now.

We need to clear out starting with the Head of Football and not stopping until morale improves.

The club is now firmly in re-build mode.

No point ****ing about.

Clean house and do it brutally.
If you were the CEO then I was a silent shareholder - I agree with all of the above - perhaps JD for all of his assest is a victim of his own pigheadedness - and the above statement is why we voted you in to that role :}

IT's always kind of nice when you have no expectations. Watch the game and go oh well that's what I expected or worse. Oh well. Two days later I'm optimistic we will improve..when we don't it is what I expected again. Previously there were usually a reason why. Reinstatement,rebuilding cycle but now it seems to me a whole cliub problem with no reason to be like that. I would just accept it before and optimistically wait for it to turn. Not anymore. We changed as a club and became professional and more successful. So disappointed that we are going back towards the bad old days. In these times it should be not allowed to happen. I have no idea how but fix it. People need to grow a set and make hard decisions. Maybe even hurt some people's feelings. God forbid. Rant over

Back