• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Where are the eternal optimists?

VIP

Reaction score
There’s been a select few that have continued to sing the song that the Club is fine. That the club has been fine.

We were told that this was a new season and that form from Round 11 last year should be swept away under the carpet.

What do the optimists have to say right about now?

This isn’t intended to be antagonistic, I’m genuinely interested to hear your views.

Most are queuing for a bus ride to the Gap!

There’s been a select few that have continued to sing the song that the Club is fine. That the club has been fine.

We were told that this was a new season and that form from Round 11 last year should be swept away under the carpet.

What do the optimists have to say right about now?

This isn’t intended to be antagonistic, I’m genuinely interested to hear your views.

After Rd1 I said it was too early for sacking the coach, and that my personal view was to give him until Rd 4 or 5 and then review the situation.

Well, we have hit Rd5 and there is not a shred of evidence to suggest JD can turn this around.
It pains me to say this because he seems like such a good and likeable guy, but I think there is enough evidence to move him on.

At the end of the day, being a nice guy doesn't provide wins, and that's what I want to see.

The difficult thing is, who takes over?

Without going through all the options and reasons, I would probably go for Joe O.

Trell Mitchell?

I don't think there has been a bigger supporter of Trell than I have been.
But yesterday my patience was truly tested. At one stage I found myself screaming out loud "just **** off if you're not going to give us 100%".

The elbow and the spear tackle yesterday was two of the dumbest things I've ever seen from any player, ever, those actions made Radley look like a genius.

I am incredibly saddened by where we are at and don't see any quick fix, as a passionate Bunny it's heartbreaking to witness.

Not sure what the answer is, but playing coach for a second, my side for next week would not include:

Mitchell
Walker
Cook
Koloamatangi
Keppie, they would all be in Reggies, and if they don't like it, they can **** off.

My new Captain would be Jack Wighton.

EDIT:

We have gone from a team that all league fans expected to be either top 4 or in a Prelim every season, to a cringe worthy rabble that seems to have no heart.

How?

Last edited:
I was an optimist but my patience is starting to wear thin.

The coach has to be the first one to go and Brock S should follow him

Then we get a caretaker for this season and look at who our next coach is and work around that.

Players that want to buy in can stay, those that dont are welcome to leave.

Koloamatangi has been like a reed in the wind. No fortitude, strength or oomph.
It's such a shame because we all know what he can be even if he doesn't

I was appointed as the CEO of the PollyAnnas on here.

People seem to get confused with my approach to supporting my club vs theirs, but I will happily admit that I support my club, generally no matter what.

I will ride the highs with the club and traverse the lows with them.

I was prepared to give the club/playing group the benefit of the doubt last year when we set another unwanted record.

I thought the pre-season looked good.

And privately (and may have said it on here) I was giving JD and the coaching team 11 rounds to turn it around. If we hadn’t made much improvement by then, it was time to move on…but I’d support everyone until that point.

I got a lot of grief for my support of the club - with the insults flying thick and fast - I gave as good as I got to be clear and I’m not moaning about being called names.

But as I’ve said elsewhere the Roosters game did it for me. The lack of effort and attention to detail was the most maddening thing. As an aside, I’ve only got really shitty with my team 3-4 times in the 56 years I’ve been supporting them. And each time it’s when I perceive the players are taking the piss.

Well the Roosters game was one of those times (some of you may remember my losing my shit after that abysmal performance against Canberra in 2010 [will have the year wrong]).

And the Warriors was another one. We just gave up yesterday. There was no resilience. No desire to defend our errors (of which there were way to ****ing many) and no effort or heart.

I’ll put up with a lot of shit, I will defend my team when we lose - when it seems every other person on here is calling for every head in the club to roll.

I will not put up with players taking the piss.

I won’t put with a Coach who has clearly lost the dressing room and is out of ideas.

And I won’t put up with professional footballers, earning over $700k p.a. looking unfit and disinterested.

So I am firmly in the “rip the band aid off” camp now.

We need to clear out starting with the Head of Football and not stopping until morale improves.

The club is now firmly in re-build mode.

No point ****ing about.

Clean house and do it brutally.

I respect your loyalty mate but seriously, the writing was well and truly spray painted on the wall last year.

Go back to that St George game played in Cairns and the subsequent PC, JD lost me when he said "We weren't far off our best now" when we just beat a hapless St George team. Just!

There's a real stink coming from the playing group and the powers that be have been living in denial.
The fat lady has hit her final note and now the curtain has dropped.
The Directors have to face reality and do what needs to be done

Im Usually an optimist (except during a game) but yeah I can’t see us winning many games this year. I’ll optimistically say 6 wins.

I don’t even think AJ will break the record this year. It’s not just the coach. The clubs standard ad priorities have dropped.

Im Usually an optimist (except during a game) but yeah I can’t see us winning many games this year. I’ll optimistically say 6 wins.

I don’t even think AJ will break the record this year. It’s not just the coach. The clubs standard ad priorities have dropped.
ive said it since last year. aj will fall at least 6 tries short before retiring after next year.

Koloamatangi has been like a reed in the wind. No fortitude, strength or oomph.
It's such a shame because we all know what he can be even if he doesn't
Keaon's stats have been mostly very good this season but there's something missing. He should be intimidating for his size and skills but rarely is. I've said before that I'm just not convinced some of these guys are getting the best coaching.

Back