• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What are you currently reading?

I've just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Although I've seen the movies, nothing beats a book.

love the series of books. Shame the original author died and now the guy who took over the mantle has decided not to continue

on those Scandinavian austhours, I like the Jo Nesbo, Harry Hole series

I've just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Although I've seen the movies, nothing beats a book.
For some reason I read the book The Abyss, which was written while the movie was being made. Basically a money grab.
Was a really good book IMO. Nothing beats a book.

I’m currently reading Karin Slaughter’s “Will Trent” series - well back into the series after a hiatus.

If you like crime fiction, she’s a good’un.

Also reading the Blue Zones book by Dan Buettner and Persians by Lloyd Llewelyn Jones.

I’ve read all of the Jack Reacher books - even though they are becoming even more formulaic as they go. They’re probably going back to 1992, because even Lee Childs realises that Reacher is so old, he requires a walking stick now! 😂

It's bye week. Any good recommendations?

Depends what you like but I’ve enjoyed the Orpan X servers by Gregg Andrew Hurwitz

The Nowhere Man is a legendary figure spoken about only in whispers. It’s said that when he’s reached by the truly desperate and deserving, the Nowhere Man can and will do anything to protect and save them.

But he’s not merely a legend.

Evan Smoak is a man with skills, resources, and a personal mission to help those with nowhere else to turn. He’s also a man with a dangerous past. Taken from a group home at twelve, Evan was raised and trained as part of the Orphan Program, an off-the-books operation designed to create deniable intelligence assets—i.e. assassins. Evan was Orphan X. He broke with the program, using everything he learned to disappear and reinvent himself as the Nowhere Man.

But those behind the Orphan program refuse to let go of their asset…

"[Orphan X is] the most exciting thriller I’ve read since The Bourne Identity. Fans of Jack Reacher, Mitch Rapp, and Jason Bourne will LOVE Evan Smoak, and the deadly, secret world of the Orphan Program. A new thriller superstar is born!" --#1 New York Times bestselling author Robert CraisLess

Back