• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What are you currently reading?

I can remember a set of novels I had to read for the HSC in 1976.
Even now it is a set of the most magnificent books ever written, How is this for a list?
# Day of the Triffids as mentioned
# Catch 22
# 1984
# A kind of Loving
Add to this my other favourites, Day of the Jackal, The Eagle has landed, The Hab theory, The Boat, the Forgotten Soldier ( best war novel ever written in my opinion), As far as my feet will carry me, I Am Legend ( made into THREE movies)
1984 was one of the most powerful novels I read.

Particularly chilling when everything he predicted in that book, is the reality we are living now!

1984 was one of the most powerful novels I read.

Particularly chilling when everything he predicted in that book, is the reality we are living now!
1984, Animal Farm, and Brave New World were ones that made such an impression on me in late teens.

Anyone read the John Connolly series of Charlie Parker?

He’s a private detective looking for the man who killed his wife and daughter.
Runs along the lines of some occult & supernatural themes

Anyone read the John Connolly series of Charlie Parker?

He’s a private detective looking for the man who killed his wife and daughter.
Runs along the lines of some occult & supernatural themes
See my earlier post, recommending same to Kent.

I’ve read them all.

BTW anyone got any recommendations for buying cheap books or second hand books?
Especially Sci-Fi and I'm guessing fantasy. I like to support local shops but very rarely have the stuff I'm looking for. I do get them to order it in occasionally but you're paying full freight. As I said, happy to support shops but a bargain every now and then would be good!

BTW anyone got any recommendations for buying cheap books or second hand books?
Especially Sci-Fi and I'm guessing fantasy. I like to support local shops but very rarely have the stuff I'm looking for. I do get them to order it in occasionally but you're paying full freight. As I said, happy to support shops but a bargain every now and then would be good!
If ever you go for a trip there is a great bookshop- huge, in Goulburn.

Currently reading the life story of Artie Beetson.

Next on my list is Thurston's story.

I will always be up to read Tolkien, first read LOTR when I was 12 and at last count had read it 22 times.

Also love Terry Brooks and the Shannara series, and Raymond E Feist and the Riftwar books.

Currently reading the life story of Artie Beetson.

Next on my list is Thurston's story.

I will always be up to read Tolkien, first read LOTR when I was 12 and at last count had read it 22 times.

Also love Terry Brooks and the Shannara series, and Raymond E Feist and the Riftwar books.
I've got Thurston's story if you want it.
Also Cameron Smith

Talking about our favourite topic ...Souths. Got a great mag with a story of souths tour of NZ in 1968 from the Leagues club magazine.

I’ve enjoyed the Jack Reacher seropies.
like the new TV version but hate the Tom Cruise movie. He was just wrong in the role.

rather oddly, the new book is set back in 1992 from what I gather. Don’t understand why

I’ve enjoyed the Jack Reacher seropies.
like the new TV version but hate the Tom Cruise movie. He was just wrong in the role.

rather oddly, the new book is set back in 1992 from what I gather. Don’t understand why
I like the books, except they're paced so well that I go to bed and start reading a book to help me fall asleep, and I'm up all night with those bloody Reacher books.
I actually enjoyed the Tom Cruise movies, but I do like the TV series and how they use his size as part of the storyline.

I've just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Although I've seen the movies, nothing beats a book.

Back