• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Solly confirms Souths interest in Bennett

I tend to agree with this but you would need Wayne to provide enough notice so as allow the club to be able to plan what comes next.
Surely, season to season with a mid season decision around whether both parties want to extend.

Wayne reneged on them lot in bondi due to it coming out in the media before it was settled.

That he is saying what he is saying now, only furthers my belief he has signed on for next season with the mighties.

Bennett has not won a comp since 2010.

In that time Bellamy, Robinson and Cleary have won 3 each. He is not the man to take us to a premiership.
But none of them are available.

I would rather make a Prelim or GF than our current predicament.

If we can somehow get to a GF then we are a chance at winning it, more of a chance than we are if we arent in the 8.

This whole "Player Led" thing is something that was probably dreamed up at some fancy workshop.

It works well in theory if you have strong leaders - eg Sam Burgess who set the standards and make others accountable for their actions.

It doesnt work as well when your leaders dont buy in, take shortcuts and dont set the standards for others to follow. In fact they are perceived as getting special treatment and not putting in the hard work as has been reported with Cody and Latrell.

We need someone to come in and scrap this model and make everyone accountable for the standards within the club, starting with fitness.

This whole "Player Led" thing is something that was probably dreamed up at some fancy workshop.

It works well in theory if you have strong leaders - eg Sam Burgess who set the standards and make others accountable for their actions.

It doesnt work as well when your leaders dont buy in, take shortcuts and dont set the standards for others to follow. In fact they are perceived as getting special treatment and not putting in the hard work as has been reported with Cody and Latrell.

We need someone to come in and scrap this model and make everyone accountable for the standards within the club, starting with fitness.
Absolutely 0 doubt it wouldve worked if the group was Sam, Crocker, GI and Sutto. None of Murray, Walker, Cook, Latrell scream leader to me.

Absolutely 0 doubt it wouldve worked if the group was Sam, Crocker, GI and Sutto. None of Murray, Walker, Cook, Latrell scream leader to me.
To be fair, we said the same of GI and Sutton for years. And even at our best during 12-14, we weren’t a player led ground to the extent of the Storm or current Panthers.

Bring in a dictator.

To be fair, we said the same of GI and Sutton for years. And even at our best during 12-14, we weren’t a player led ground to the extent of the Storm or current Panthers.

Bring in a dictator.
Bring in Madge.

Bring in a dictator.
I think from all reports Wayne will strike the right mix between hard taskmaster and giving the players freedom.
He knows how to do this better than any of us.

We had no concerns with fitness when Wayne was at Souths, he will do whats required in pre season.

Back