• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Vote 1 Charlie Rabbit!

Smiths Crisps

Grand Master
Reaction score
Vote for your 2024 Westfield Local Hero - Vote for Charlie

Meet our Local Hero finalists

Charlie Gallico​

South Sydney Juniors

Humble. Kind. Generous.

Charlie Gallico, nearly 80, has dedicated over 30 years to his community as a South Sydney Juniors trainer and the South Sydney Rabbitohs mascot, Reggie Rabbit. He visits sick children in hospitals, supports Indigenous youth and participates in community events, embodying a lifelong commitment to helping others.

If Charlie is successful, the money will help pay for the cost of four leadership and cultural camps for Indigenous youth.

Vote for your 2024 Westfield Local Hero - Vote for Charlie

Meet our Local Hero finalists

Charlie Gallico​

South Sydney Juniors

Humble. Kind. Generous.

Charlie Gallico, nearly 80, has dedicated over 30 years to his community as a South Sydney Juniors trainer and the South Sydney Rabbitohs mascot, Reggie Rabbit. He visits sick children in hospitals, supports Indigenous youth and participates in community events, embodying a lifelong commitment to helping others.

If Charlie is successful, the money will help pay for the cost of four leadership and cultural camps for Indigenous youth.
Thanks for posting.

Voting takes just a couple minutes or less

Good luck Charlie. We love you champion.

I voted for Charlie.

All 3 nominees would be worthy winners though.

On first reading of the thread title, thought it was about the movie Rainman (Charlie Babbit) and not about our mascot Charlie Rabbit. :)

Woooooo well done all:

We are excited to announce Charlie from South Sydney Juniors as your 2024 Westfield Local Hero for Eastgardens!

Westfield is proud to award a community grant of $20K to help Charlie at South Sydney Juniors to continue to grow their impact in the local community.

Your 2024 Westfield Eastgardens Local Hero is:

Charlie Gallico
South Sydney Juniors

Humble. Kind. Generous.
At nearly 80 years old, Charlie Gallico has dedicated more than 30 years to supporting his community. Charlie works as a South Sydney Juniors trainer, and the South Sydney Rabbitohs mascot – Reggie Rabbit.

Charlie's commitment to community services includes visiting sick children in hospitals, supporting Indigenous youth locally and in remote locations, and participating in community events organised by Souths Cares – the South Sydney Rabbitohs not-for-profit that supports disadvantaged youth and their families.

"Being an active member of my local community engages me with people of all ages," Charlie says. "I try to give the young people some life advice to help them better themselves. I attend schools dressed as the mascot and visit young children who are sick or terminally ill. It brings me a lot of pleasure to help young members of the community."

Charlie's strong work ethic and commitment to helping others began as a young man. As the child of immigrant parents, he began working at 14 to assist his parents financially and help them buy a home. The challenges he experienced throughout his life help him see the value in community connections and giving back to others.

Latest posts

Back