• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

The Economy

Albo is a bloody idiot and his party has lost the plot, totally

A farmer has absolutely savaged the federal government over its decision to scrap the controversial live sheep export trade which he has warned could leave himself and others “broke”.
“It’s destroyed the industry on a whim,” David Slade, a livestock farmer from Mount Barker in Western Australia, told news.com.au. “Everybody’s really livid.”

On Saturday, the Albanese government announced it was funding a $107 million package over four years to help farmers transition out of the sheep export industry after it pledged to end the practice amid animal welfare concerns.

The plan is for the entire industry to be completely phased out by May 1, 2028.

I must say that I would like to see cheaper lamb and beef prices here in australia.

Problem is most of the farms who live export sheep are too far from an abattoirs that has capacity to process mutton, ive skinned sheep that my employer paid under 1 dollar a head for, this is the exact reason why many get shot and bulldozed into a pit, if they send to a works they actually lose money once transport is paid.

Outrage as Albo wipes out entire industry

1st March 2023: Sheep in pins awaiitng loading on trucks bound for port, for live export at Peel Feedlot, Mardella, WA.  Philip Gostelow/The Australian

A farmer has absolutely savaged the federal government over its decision to scrap a controversial industry, warning it could leave himself and others “broke”

Back