• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Tallis Duncan

For the rebuild, I’m starting to think Koloamatangi should be our starting prop alongside Tatola. With Arrow taking Toms role as first reserve middle.
Sorry Poet, but totally disagree
Nothing suggests by the way Kolo hits the line he’s a prop, particularly one we will get big meters out of.
He’s a great line runner with footwork that doesn’t have a big motor. He’s far better suited to coming off the bench and having an impact on the edge

Same with Arrow, he’s a worker who doesn’t really bend the line either. At any other club he’s a 13, which is where I think we should play him

Play Murray and Tallis on the edges and that fixes our lack of speed and athleticism out there. It also protects Murray somewhat.

Or if the club don’t want to move Murray ( fair enough) release Jai and get that big line bending middle we will need to replace Tom

Right now we are stacked with Murray, Duncan, Arrow and Havilli who are all essentially 13’s

With Keaon being really our only NRL quality edge ( who the f$&k did our planning?)
Let Cam, Fletcher, Duncan, Lovett and a possible recruit handle the edge back row stuff.
I’d still go with this for next season

8. Host
9. Ilias
10. Tatola
11. Murray
12. Duncan
13. Arrow

14. Moale
15. Keaon
16. Shaq / Keppie
17. Havilii

I like to think I’m a somewhat reasonable person, not quick to jump to hysteria.

But seriously, what’s the plan for getting Tallis Duncan minutes in first grade?

The current approach of him spelling Murray for 15 minutes isn’t good enough.

Either do what they did when Murray came into the side and move the veteran to an edge (I.e Sam), or move the young star to the edge. One of the other. They can’t both play 60 minutes in the 13.

Ditto, if he isn’t in the first grade side and you know you have this problem, why is he continuing to play 13 in reserves?

On talent, he’s probably in our top 3 backrowers.

They need an approach to getting him into the starting side. Double speed.
JD has absolutely no idea how to use him. Zero. None. I don’t care what he says, he has no idea.

I mean as you said, surely if he can’t think of any other way other than giving Cam a rest (which he can barely get right to begin with), surely you go well fark he is athletic, quick, he can be no worse than a Cheekam, Host etc on an edge why wouldnt you give it a crack?? Its bizzare.

JD has absolutely no idea how to use him. Zero. None. I don’t care what he says, he has no idea.

I mean as you said, surely if he can’t think of any other way other than giving Cam a rest (which he can barely get right to begin with), surely you go well fark he is athletic, quick, he can be no worse than a Cheekam, Host etc on an edge why wouldnt you give it a crack?? Its bizzare.
The only thing I can think is that they want to blood him as a starter at 13 (with Murray moving to 12) and that they still have things in his game they want to improve before they pull that trigger?

The only thing I can think is that they want to blood him as a starter at 13 (with Murray moving to 12) and that they still have things in his game they want to improve before they pull that trigger?
From what I've seen so far, the things he needs to improve are minor and the benefits he brings to the side in speed, agility, ability to get through the line, his enthusiasm, motor and work ethic is so far above the next best player we have, it's just mind-blowing how he's not in our starting side.

Nothing suggests by the way Kolo hits the line he’s a prop, particularly one we will get big meters out of.
He’s a great line runner with footwork that doesn’t have a big motor. He’s far better suited to coming off the bench and having an impact on the edge

Same with Arrow, he’s a worker who doesn’t really bend the line either. At any other club he’s a 13, which is where I think we should play him

Play Murray and Tallis on the edges and that fixes our lack of speed and athleticism out there. It also protects Murray somewhat.

Or if the club don’t want to move Murray ( fair enough) release Jai and get that big line bending middle we will need to replace Tom

Right now we are stacked with Murray, Duncan, Arrow and Havilli who are all essentially 13’s

With Keaon being really our only NRL quality edge ( who the f$&k did our planning?)

8. Host
9. Ilias
10. Tatola
11. Murray
12. Duncan
13. Arrow

14. Moale
15. Keaon
16. Shaq / Keppie
17. Havilii
I agree with most of this, with particularly in reference to Arrow. Yes , he's definitely a 13, but edge will have to do because I think Murray is our best 13. Jai shouldn't be used as a battering ram. I like you would prefer we converted Host to that role.

I agree with most of this, with particularly in reference to Arrow. Yes , he's definitely a 13, but edge will have to do because I think Murray is our best 13. Jai shouldn't be used as a battering ram. I like you would prefer we converted Host to that role.
There’s no doubt Murray is our best 13. He’s also our best 11 or 12. But what balance’s the pack better?
Jai’s a waste of cap space on the edge or at prop.

The pack is so out of balance it isn’t funny

Easy fix is
11. Murray
12. Duncan
13. Arrow

Hard fix is releasing Jai and finding another athletic edge and big powerful middle

Because as we all know ATM recruiting is the club’s strong suit

There’s no doubt Murray is our best 13. He’s also our best 11 or 12. But what balance’s the pack better?
Jai’s a waste of cap space on the edge or at prop.

The pack is so out of balance it isn’t funny

Easy fix is
11. Murray
12. Duncan
13. Arrow

Hard fix is releasing Jai and finding another athletic edge and big powerful middle

Because as we all know ATM recruiting is the club’s strong suit
Nothing wrong with that side , but I'd prefer at least one big bopper running an edge so we can target opposing halves. I would love to have a Kikao on our books. Maybe moving Latrell to an edge in future wouldn't be an outrageous suggestion. I'd prefer that to moving Jack there. I still think Jack and Campbell are our answers in the centres.

Nothing wrong with that side , but I'd prefer at least one big bopper running an edge so we can target opposing halves
That’s the role I’d have Keaon playing off the bench. Tell him his got 40 minutes to terrorise his edge and run over halves.
If he can’t do his role and hold his edge together defensively for 40 minutes the it’s reserve grade until he can
. I would love to have a Kikao on our books. Maybe moving Latrell to an edge in future wouldn't be an outrageous suggestion. I'd prefer that to moving Jack there. I still think Jack and Campbell are our answers in the centres
100% Jack is a centre so is CG

For mine Trell is either a 1 or 6 or if he’s a 4 then Wighton is surplus to needs

A player Ike Jack is not surplus to anything. On and off the field he is a huge bonus

Great interview with Tallis as he explains his family's ties with the Navy, father, uncle and sister all serving. Criminal hive isn't given a jumper today and time on the field given what it means to him.
JD please!

It would seem we just need to accept that JD sees Duncan as a lock/middle. So while he’s here, Tallis will struggle for minutes.

He left him out of the side round 1 in favour of Arrow as a starting edge and a bench of 2 props, Host as edge cover, and Havili.

Round 2 he did the weird Mitchel to lock, Murray to edge, and no edge cover on the bench. - Duncan 29 mins.

Round 3 he started Havili, moved Cook to the bench and again had an all middles bench. - Duncan 24 mins.

Round 4 he dropped Havili, Chee Kam came in as an edge option on the bench and Duncan was the third middle. - Duncan 31 mins. We won that one.

Round 5 he dropped Moale for Mamouzelos, so we had a bench of Keppie, Duncan, Chee Kam and Mamouzelos (weird one). - Duncan 20 mins.

Round 6 he left him out. Bench was 3 middles (incl. Havili) and Chee Kam as an edge replacement.

Round 7, bye.

Round 8 he’s gone back to 2 props, an edge and a hooker.

Looking at that, if JD wants a hooker and an edge on the bench (the way he’s angling at the moment) he’s content with leaving Duncan out.

Murray, Host and Koloamatangi are his backrow. Chee Kam is his edge cover. Havili or Mamouzelos are the hooking cover, and the 2 props are whoever played least bad the week before.

They continue to play him at 13 in reserves, so they’re obviously content to just let him play NSW Cup while the team is struggling.

Tallis has been found out defensively in recent games. The coaches are obviously trying to work on his flaws. He's still young and raw. Our coach can't win with many on here, but surely people can see it's in the best interests of the kid and the club to get him up to speed by ironing out any negatives in his game in reggies. I love what he brings, but want to see the very best of him. Big chance he'll play against the Storm. Let's just hope he can shore up the middle when he does come on. We can't afford to lose anything when Cam has a spell.

8. Host
9. Ilias
10. Tatola
11. Murray
12. Duncan
13. Arrow

14. Moale
15. Keaon
16. Shaq / Keppie
17. Havilii
Sorry you lost me at Host as a prop.

He doesnt bend the line on an edge, he will struggle even more in the middle.

Latest posts

Back