• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Tallis Duncan

He is a bloody gun and I don't know why we aren't even giving him some minutes on an edge to see how he goes...
This is where the offseason should have come into play. Maybe the coaching staff know something we don’t when it comes to weaknesses of his game?

Defence could be the issue. I can’t really see where he would struggle in attack.

For the rebuild, I’m starting to think Koloamatangi should be our starting prop alongside Tatola. With Arrow taking Toms role as first reserve middle.

Let Cam, Fletcher, Duncan, Lovett and a possible recruit handle the edge back row stuff.

For the rebuild, I’m starting to think Koloamatangi should be our starting prop alongside Tatola. With Arrow taking Toms role as first reserve middle.

Let Cam, Fletcher, Duncan, Lovett and a possible recruit handle the edge back row stuff.

I've only seen Fletcher play one game in reserve grade so far and wasn't to impressed with it

Barely noticed him out there, one game isn't much to go by though but was hoping to see some glimpses of him being first grade ready but it looks like he will need a lot more time in that grade at the moment to try and improve

I've only seen Fletcher play one game in reserve grade so far and wasn't to impressed with it

Barely noticed him out there, one game isn't much to go by though but was hoping to see some glimpses of him being first grade ready but it looks like he will need a lot more time in that grade at the moment to try and improve
He’s only played 2 games of NSW Cup to date I think. So he’s still figuring stuff out.

His defensive game is strong. His game with ball in hand is a work in progress. But I reckon it comes. He’s the perfect shape and demeanour for a defensive edge from what I’ve seen.

For mine, apart from Gray, he’s the next best prospect coming through (of those yet to debut). I reckon he’s in the top squad by next year assuming he stays healthy.

He’s a legit edge, something we havent had a lot of outside Keaon for a while.

He’s only played 2 games of NSW Cup to date I think. So he’s still figuring stuff out.

His defensive game is strong. His game with ball in hand is a work in progress. But I reckon it comes. He’s the perfect shape and demeanour for a defensive edge from what I’ve seen.

For mine, apart from Gray, he’s the next best prospect coming through (of those yet to debut). I reckon he’s in the top squad by next year assuming he stays healthy.

Yeah, I'm just saying he needs a lot more development in his game before there is any talk of first grade selection.

He’s (Fletcher) only played 2 games of NSW Cup to date I think. So he’s still figuring stuff out.

Exactly. There too much of a rush to either elevate or cut these young players down.
Fletcher & Gray need time to develop

I’ve been thinking about this and thinking about what we’d look like with everyone available later in the season 🤞
This is what I’ve come up with;

1.Gray
2.AJ
3.CG
4.Latrell
5.Munro
6.Wighton
7.Walker
13.Duncan
12.Murray
11.Kaeon
10.Tom Burgess
9.Cook
8.Tatola

14.Arrow
15.Host
16.Moale
17.Taane

Man, I’d like to see that side on the park…just once!
Add Caleb Clarke to that backline mix and things also look very interesting!

In the pre-season, Sutto said he will be the next one to step up to first grade. Fletcher and Mellars were in the room at the time. He did cop and injury setback after that though, but if you go off what Sutton said, he can't be too far away.

He has put on a lot of size too so that takes some figuring out.

Yeah, I feel like some time this year he’ll be ready… if he can stay on the park.

Like most, I'm surprised that he hasn't been given a crack on an edge.

In saying that I did think we looked quite dangerous with Murray and Duncan playing in the middle together. The leg speed helped to generate quicker ptb, generating momentum.

How can Demetriou capitalise on this? We have suffered the past 12 months due to a lack of ruck speed

I like to think I’m a somewhat reasonable person, not quick to jump to hysteria.

But seriously, what’s the plan for getting Tallis Duncan minutes in first grade?

The current approach of him spelling Murray for 15 minutes isn’t good enough.

Either do what they did when Murray came into the side and move the veteran to an edge (I.e Sam), or move the young star to the edge. One of the other. They can’t both play 60 minutes in the 13.

Ditto, if he isn’t in the first grade side and you know you have this problem, why is he continuing to play 13 in reserves?

On talent, he’s probably in our top 3 backrowers.

They need an approach to getting him into the starting side. Double speed.

It's absurd. Clubs can officially talk to him on November 1 too.

Latest posts

Back