• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Tallis Duncan

Not the angle I was going. More pointing out with all his efforts since he has moved up to first grade he deserves these moments.
No I’m definitely being sarcastic 😂😂

No I’m definitely being sarcastic 😂😂
Thought so. That’s why I gave the laughing like. Just wanted to clarify before other people take it that way. 😂

To me, and I could be totally wrong, he has origin written all over him.

Looking forward to Tallis it’s a big year for him you’d think he will start off the bench and coming up to origin his mins will build. Good to see him put on some size as well.

I am happy with him solely playing middle.
Tallis gives me the impression he has the ability to get through the line often similar to Murray especially when Murray first came into grade. Kids got no fear as well, goes hard all the time.

I just wonder what the plan is for 12 months time, when he should be playing 65+ himself?

How do they facilitate that?

The forwards (and team) looked more comfortable against a side closer to NSW Cup quality. We go good at that level.

The Dogs middle was woeful and we still struggled to assert ourselves.
True, the Dogs forward pack is rubbish but at least it allowed our forward pack to have a decent hit out because there certainly not being flogged at training.

To me, and I could be totally wrong, he has origin written all over him.
I think the issue is who he has in front of him. Being restricted to just a lock will count against him.

Whilst he is only young the likes of Murray and Yeo still have quite a few years ahead of them. Then there is always the next crop of players who come through.

What I like about him is his ability to pop his head through the line. He will only get better.

I think the issue is who he has in front of him. Being restricted to just a lock will count against him.

Whilst he is only young the likes of Murray and Yeo still have quite a few years ahead of them. Then there is always the next crop of players who come through.

What I like about him is his ability to pop his head through the line. He will only get better.

I think he is THAT good that he doesnt need to be restricted to just lock.

Can play anywhere in the backrow and do a job.

Nothing has shown me that can be the case yet. We would just be guessing right now as everything I have seen from him has been in the middle. He could struggle defensively moving wider.

I guess the coaching staff has plans for him right now that doesn’t involve him moving wide.

I agree.

People over complicate it when they look at players and where they can play.

He has a fair bit of pace in the open, his speed off the mark is good, he can ball play, has a bit of footwork at the line and an ability to break the line, and he hits like a ****ing hammer in defence.

With those skills he can play a few positions successfully.

Jack Gibson was fond of saying pick your best 13 players (17 these days) and work out where you'll play them later.

Two names that should be in our 17 every week are Duncan and Gray.
I’ve been thinking about this and thinking about what we’d look like with everyone available later in the season 🤞
This is what I’ve come up with;

1.Gray
2.AJ
3.CG
4.Latrell
5.Munro
6.Wighton
7.Walker
13.Duncan
12.Murray
11.Kaeon
10.Tom Burgess
9.Cook
8.Tatola

14.Arrow
15.Host
16.Moale
17.Taane

Man, I’d like to see that side on the park…just once!

I’ve been thinking about this and thinking about what we’d look like with everyone available later in the season 🤞
This is what I’ve come up with;

1.Gray
2.AJ
3.CG
4.Latrell
5.Munro
6.Wighton
7.Walker
13.Duncan
12.Murray
11.Kaeon
10.Tom Burgess
9.Cook
8.Tatola

14.Arrow
15.Host
16.Moale
17.Taane

Man, I’d like to see that side on the park…just once!

Fully fit we have some options for sure.

Personally I want to see:

6: Mitchell
7: Gray

Back