• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Super League Finals

I just hope we give Dodd some time to adjust. I’m talking 2-3 years. Dudes only 22 and has had a taste of success. Now time to mould him into a South Sydney champion.

If he shows promise, he’ll get time.

People say ‘so and so took time to develop’, but really, I feel like most halves you see that are upper tier, show signs early on.

Yeah they don’t have a complete game, but you look at them and say ‘yeah, I see where this is going’.

They need to show indications of high quality play. The club can’t just stubborn their way to success because they made a choice.

Some eggs don’t hatch, regardless how long you sit on them. And that isn’t a case of not giving players enough time, it’s making a call using performance to date, forecasting, and deciding that finished product isn’t one that’s going to cut it.

If he shows promise, he’ll get time.

People say ‘so and so took time to develop’, but really, I feel like most halves you see that are upper tier, show signs early on.

Yeah they don’t have a complete game, but you look at them and say ‘yeah, I see where this is going’.

They need to show indications of high quality play. The club can’t just stubborn their way to success because they made a choice.

Some eggs don’t hatch, regardless how long you sit on them. And that isn’t a case of not giving players enough time, it’s making a call using performance to date, forecasting, and deciding that finished product isn’t one that’s going to cut it.
Thinking more about his game ... apart from some good kicks, the rest was pretty much catch and pass. Didnt really take the line on.
He shouldn't be an automatic walk up starting 7 for souths

Thinking more about his game ... apart from some good kicks, the rest was pretty much catch and pass. Didnt really take the line on.
He shouldn't be an automatic walk up starting 7 for souths
There are probably 10 places in our 2025 top 17 that should not be automatic walk up starts and 7 is one of them. Even so don't underestimate the value of a good kicking game. If we want to challange the top sides next season then we can't go with the same last play options that we presently have.

I wouldn’t be putting any cash on the round 1 half and hooker being the Finals week 1 half and hooker. They might be, but I wouldn’t be betting on it.

I wouldn’t be putting any cash on the round 1 half and hooker being the Finals week 1 half and hooker. They might be, but I wouldn’t be betting on it.
Safe bet. Did that happen in any position in our 17 team this year?

Safe bet. Did that happen in any position in our 17 team this year?

Not to derail the thread, but that’s a novel bingo card. :)

Guys that lined up in the same position round 1 and round 27 2024:

4. Richie Kennar
5. Jacob Gagai
6 Cody Walker
9. Damien Cook
11 Keaon Koloamatangi

Bench: Siliva Havili

Host, Moale, T Burgess and Keppie were also in both side, though shuffled positions.

Last edited:
There are probably 10 places in our 2025 top 17 that should not be automatic walk up starts and 7 is one of them. Even so don't underestimate the value of a good kicking game. If we want to challange the top sides next season then we can't go with the same last play options that we presently have.
Couldnt agree more on kicking game and while Dodds did some good kicks ...we didnt see any kicks to ingoal to force line dropouts.
But we must also consider that the claustrophbic in goal areas in ESL in general dont really encourage the development of such skills ... wait and see. And I cant remember how he went against Panthers in club challenge.

Not to derail the thread, but that’s a novel bingo card. :)

Guys that lined up in the same position round 1 and round 27 2024:

4. Richie Kennar
5. Dane Gagai
6 Cody Walker
9. Damien Cook
11 Keaon Koloamatangi

Bench: Siliva Havili

Host, Moale, T Burgess and Keppie were also in both side, though shuffled positions.
Guest appearances by Dane c/o Newcastle....Jacob ...it is off-season.

Semi final 1.Hull KR v Warrington Wolves. Saturday 5.00 am. The battle of the Rabbitohs Assistant Coaches Big Sammi v Willie Peters. A Hull KR home game. Hull will be without their captain and lock, (loose forward over there), Elliot Minchella. That is a big loss. Similar to Murray for us. Hull have a quick attack from the limited amount I have seen of them this year. They are a very good side and deserved their top 2 finish. Thats the team JWH is going to next season if you want to start booing now. Sam's Wolves are usually a solid defending team, which they will have to be against the Hull attack, but they can put points on too. Hull at home and with a week off will start favourites even though losing their caption for this game has evened it up a bit. I am keen to watch the 7s in this game, Mickey Lewis and George Williams. This is where the game could be decided. This will be close. I am going Wolves by 2 and Sami to coach his team to the GF.

Semi final 2. Wigan v Leigh. Sunday 3.30 am. A home game for Wigan. I am watching the fast attacking combo of Jay field FB and Bevan French 5/8, standoff over there, on the right. I recall French as a winger for Parra and Field as a STG half. They seam to have found their best positions at Wigan, especially French. Wigan, our equalivent of minor Premiers, attack on both sides, (unlike St Helens). I think the Wigan attack and ball movement will be too fast for Leigh for the full 80 min. Moylan will have to have his best game for Leigh to stay in the contest with Wigan and the Leigh forwards will have to muscle up through the middle. Leigh need to play a physical game in the middle like they did against Salford last week. For me again the player to watch is Leigh's Hooker Edwin Apape. He needs to have a strong game in the middle. All up Leigh have had a great 2nd half of the season and they will need to play their best game for 80 min to win or stay with Wigan. I think Wigan will just be too quick for Leigh and will get home by 16.

Latest posts

Back