• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Should Latrell maintain his position at fullback?

Should Latrell maintain his position at fullback?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't see a place for Latrell in the team now that Jack has been signed, stretch and Munro return, and if we sign Caleb Clarke, unless he gets Cody's possie at 5/8. View attachment 2234
Well SS, that can’t happen till about round 18 so best not worry about it.👐

In the meantime, let’s hope we stop marking farcical errors, mostly the forwards, and they get some momentum in our game.
Trell will be ok @ FB in that scenario

I voted no, but have changed my mind slightly.

I think our season is effectively a write off. We are statistically unlikely to play finals, let alone compete in the GF. We may as well persist for a time with Mitchell. In the stats thread it is pretty clear that Mitchell has been improving his running game, skin test shows he has lost weight as well. So I am seeing perhaps improvement?

Is he fit enough to defend at fullback is the question, but if we keep seeing improvement in a season that is gone it may be worth persisting.

Depends if we’re willing to make other changes as well…

He’s at fullback because it’s felt that it’s the best position for him to get maximum ball in hand with time and space to do something with it.

No point sticking him in the centres as he’s only going to see half as much ball and be far less involved than he is now.

The ideal would be to bring him up to 5/8 but where does that leave Cody? 7? We would have a big average attacking kicking game with these two at 6 and 7.

Who do you shift to fullback? If you put Gray back there he probably suffers the same fate as Illias in that he would be over called by Cody and Latrell all the time. Wighton has been an average fullback in Canberra.

The structure of the team is not right now but it gets worse if you shift players around imo.

My personal view is that he is currently the best fullback in the club but he shouldn’t be playing there much longer.

It’s painful when I’m continually reminded of the poor squad management in the backs that we’ve had for years.

Reactions: CCR
I said it when Blake Taffe played the GF for us.

The best option for the TEAM is Trell at Centre, in a roving Origin role.

Nothing since has changed my mind.

Very hard to argue when serious lack of effort is highlighted like this and at times last year on NRL360, we can respect try and fail but the lack of effort is there for all to see..

Very hard to argue when serious lack of effort is highlighted like this and at times last year on NRL360, we can respect try and fail but the lack of effort is there for all to see..

LOL, that is actually really funny.

When you quote fans for your facts you're struggling.

Needed a good chuckle, thank you.

As of right now he is our best option for fullback. Until there is a better option then that is where he should be for us.

It was no coincidence that him coming back in 2022 turned our season completely around. The year we made the GF many have said if only we had Latrell at fullback for that game we win.

His issue has been form. Last year it wasn’t good at all. He started the year good enough and was good on Friday. The Roosters game was terrible.

He has shown that he won’t be a Teddy or Edwards. He doesn’t need to be. When on there is no better fullback setting up his outside men.

An opinion is an opinion, its strange you find it funny that so many people who follow the sport find the effort from Latrell poor, he must be close to our highest paid player, i personally think he owes us, its not a great look when repeatedly he is shown up showing no urgency but if you dont see it fine..
LOL, that is actually really funny.

When you quote fans for your facts you're struggling.

Needed a good chuckle, thank you.

As of right now he is our best option for fullback. Until there is a better option then that is where he should be for us.

It was no coincidence that him coming back in 2022 turned our season completely around. The year we made the GF many have said if only we had Latrell at fullback for that game we win.

His issue has been form. Last year it wasn’t good at all. He started the year good enough and was good on Friday. The Roosters game was terrible.

He has shown that he won’t be a Teddy or Edwards. He doesn’t need to be. When on there is no better fullback setting up his outside men.
But we still need to have meters out of our own redzone, that doesn't go away. If Trell and our Island of Misfit toys wingers can't get what's expected from the position, then you at least need speed to ice those chances he creates and we don't have that either. Plus we don't have Reyno's kicking game from 2021.

An opinion is an opinion, its strange you find it funny that so many people

So many? How many exactly?

Also, surely you see the idiocy of a video that quotes comments from fans.
Since when have fans had a say in what position someone plays?

It is funny stuff.

who follow the sport find the effort from Latrell poor, he must be close to our highest paid player, i personally think he owes us, its not a great look when repeatedly he is shown up showing no urgency but if you dont see it fine..

Back