• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Should Latrell maintain his position at fullback?

Should Latrell maintain his position at fullback?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would take Nicoll-Klokstad over Latrell at fullback, brilliant meter eater and that is what we lack we Leays start from 10-15m out because he is slow at returning kicks

Cant agree AJ but that’s one. The rest? No way

Cant agree AJ but that’s one. The rest? No way
Don’t forget Sutto, the discussion is these other players at fullback AND Latrell in the centres. Its a yes from me for several of those guys mentioned.

You still get Trells running and passing and he would be close to unstoppable in a set play inside the 20m zone. But you then also someone at fullback who actually can get into position to diffuse kicks and grubbers, and who will probably trail Captain Cam up the middle when he invariably sticks his nose through and has his hands free to pass. Trell is never there.

I've been saying for 6 months now.

Wighton at 1, Latrell at 3.

I haven't changed my mind.

Wighton will run until his lungs burst out his chest. No ambling around.
I actually think Munro or Grey, would make excellent fullback more so like Papenhuyzen and Walsh for Melbourne and Bronco's respectively.

Surely Munro is next in line?
Which begs the question - why is Gray there now? Would he still be there if TyTy wasn’t injured? Why isn’t Gray in the halves where he should be?

Or so they see Latrell moving to 6 when Munro moves to 1?

The important question is to get MIA out of fullback,play him at prop

Which begs the question - why is Gray there now? Would he still be there if TyTy wasn’t injured? Why isn’t Gray in the halves where he should be?

Munro didn’t even play fullback in Ball

Towns was the fullback down there

I’m not sure Munro has the change of direction Walsh and Paps have

He looks an out and out winger to me and there’s nothing wrong with that

Wingers are no longer guys who hang out with footy players

Good wingers win premierships

Gray has looked better in the 1 than Munro
IMO.

Munro doesn’t have nearly as complete a game as Gray from what we’ve seen so far.

Maybe some day.

Gray has looked better in the 1 than Munro
IMO.

Munro doesn’t have nearly as complete a game as Gray from what we’ve seen so far.

Maybe some day.
Ok that’s fair about Munro.
Given Grays career of halves, it would seem we are better served developing him in the halves, not in a different position?

Ok that’s fair about Munro.
Given Grays career of halves, it would seem we are better served developing him in the halves, not in a different position?
He’s a baby. I wouldn’t say he’s had a ‘career in the halves’. He’s been injured most of his time since signing with Souths.

If I was going to give the current coaching staff one pat on the back, it would be identifying that Gray might be better suited at the top level as a 1 than a front line half (if that is what they are thinking).

We’ve tried it in the past with players, Cody for example, with no success. For Jye though, I think it’s actually a good fit.

And if he does a Preston Campbell and ends up a half, then it’s doing his development no harm broadening his running game, endurance, and versatility.

I really like the Matty Seers comp. Jye reminds me of a bit of a throwback footballer.

Munro didn’t even play fullback in Ball

Towns was the fullback down there

I’m not sure Munro has the change of direction Walsh and Paps have

He looks an out and out winger to me and there’s nothing wrong with that

Wingers are no longer guys who hang out with footy players

Good wingers win premierships
Unfortunately it doesn't feel like we ever got the memo, even with the mammoth effort To'o put on us in 21. It's been a position that we have repeatedly try to money ball.

Latrell needs to be fitter to play fullback and not just get involved near the try line. He would be effective at centre just as he plays in state of origin. The question is who will play fullback and souths should not be considering jhye gray at fullback as hes an out and out half. The only options i can think of until they get a fullback is gagai or aj to allow isaac thompson on the wing. Latrell needs to stop doing short kicks as its giving away penalties. Latrell doesnt look interested and needs to lower his temper and watch his foul language and not be scape goat on any topic with the press.

The game is too fast for him at Fullback
Anyone can see it except Jabon Dimetrious

Back