• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Should Latrell maintain his position at fullback?

Should Latrell maintain his position at fullback?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
At times he has freakish skills, but throws poor percentage passes as well, very lazy bringing the ball back and in defense, as a fullback his positioning is lazy matching his attitude, but pointing anything out will have the cheer squad hounding you as a Mitchell hater, to be honest if you made the decision to pull out the gun with this team i reckon you would need around 6 rounds or so to do a decent cull, but us older guys have been here before so its not new...

Looks like the nays have it.

I think his lackadaisical attitude is a cancer at the club , I have supported him long enough, I think his ego will bring down JD and ultimately lead to lots of players getting let go , he's no leader, just bludging out the back and expecting others to do his work, you can tell he puts no effort into his game during the week and is just relying on his natural talent and he is proving to everyone each week that it's not good enough

This will probably sound a little bit controversial but last night when Latrell was looking likely to be sent to the sin bin by the bunker I was about to exit the ground and standing at the back I was waiting to see the Roosters fans boo and harass him as he left the field. Not once in my life have I wanted my own player to be booed but last night was a new first.

I am absolutely sick of his lack of effort, his laziness to cover kicks, point to his wingers to take bombs when he is clearly in a better position, his lack of ability to be involved in sets of six and just park himself at the back.

We aren’t allowed to talk about him. The media are scared. It looks as though our own coach and club is scared of him as well as they cannot pull him into line. His behaviour is cancerous and is clearly impacting the rest of the squad.

At the time I thought signing Latrell was the greatest signing since GI. A real coup, a real stuff that up you Roosters moment but it has seriously been a disaster and has lead to the situation we are in at the moment. Only Wayne can control his ego, imagine him training under Bellamy?? He wouldn’t last a week.

You can see he has no real passion anymore and is just turning up for the money. He had already done it all by the time he came to us, winning 2 premierships, playing for state and country all at a young age.

I really feel he needs to walk away from the game, go back to his farm and enjoy his life, it will also help us by freeing up &1m so we can start again. Ohhh and he can take Cook with him to help with the fence posts. Never seen a guy get so much money off the back of one good season.

Early in the game Murray made half a break up the middle then threw an offload back where JWH intercepts it and Latrell arrives late to tackle JWH. It reminded me of last year when the rumour of the video session where Latrell had a go at Murray for not passing a ball to him and Murray replied 'Why, you're never there?'

I wonder if that was a planned move and Murray was expecting Latrell to be following up the middle like a fullback should be.

We should go easy on Latrell, you never know he may have been out till 2am the night before!!, ahh just kidding, now all the folks who bashed anything negative on the "F bomb" thread put your hand up and admit ya might have been wrong and what we said re his attitude might just be spot on..

trell needs to watch the other fullbacks play

All you had to do was watch the two fullbacks Mitchell and Tedesco when their teams have the ball.
Every play Tedesco is running around making himself available for an outside or inside pass.
While Mitchell just walks around behind the play until play 4 or 5, then he decides to do something.

The effort level from two club leaders is a world apart.

they say you make your own luck .but it comes with 100 percent effort

they say you make your own luck .but it comes with 100 percent effort

Yes you do but geez when things go wrong for us it snowballs. Bad enough we shoot ourselves in the foot but then Klein and the bounce of the ball piles on to us as well😰

Yes you do but geez when things go wrong for us it snowballs. Bad enough we shoot ourselves in the foot but then Klein and the bounce of the ball piles on to us as well😰
If you’re relying on the ref and the bounce of the ball then you really have hit rock bottom. You make your own luck. It helps if you play competently….

Back