• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Sean Keppie

I have watched keppie since his debut at manly , he was always good for a knock on (although has somewhat fixed this problem).He was never really that agro type forward, just your standard hit ups etc ,the missed tackles by him are something he needs to address. Not much difference to knight/Cartwright .

Watched him at training last week and I thought it must have been a half-paced contact session until I heard Milne yell out 'fckn smash him, he's jogging to the line!'

Zero intensity.

Same as most of our forwards - we don't have any who run with violence

Watched him at training last week and I thought it must have been a half-paced contact session until I heard Milne yell out 'fckn smash him, he's jogging to the line!'

Zero intensity.

Same as most of our forwards - we don't have any who run with violence
Our forward pack is our biggest issue - by a mile.

Of the current pack only Cameron and Tom are top 4 quality.

After talking him up during the off season I've been decidedly underwhelmed to date! I expected more. My bad!😕

Dude sucked at manly and he sucks here.

Shock horror.

He was gifted a starting spot in round 1 as well.

Kempie was brought in as a bench player for 20 to 30 minutes. To start him was silly. He can still do a job for us and I look forward to a coach who can work woth players instead of just dumpling them.

Kempie was brought in as a bench player for 20 to 30 minutes. To start him was silly. He can still do a job for us and I look forward to a coach who can work woth players instead of just dumpling them.
He should never have been elevated ahead of guys already here IMO. If he earnt skipping Havili, Moale, Mitchel, etc, so be it. He didn’t.

He should never have been elevated ahead of guys already here IMO. If he earnt skipping Havili, Moale, Mitchel, etc, so be it. He didn’t.
That’s the JD way

He did the same thing with Nikorima.

The guy had zero effort most games and kept being picked after walking into the side

That aside I must also say I’ve been disappointed in Keppie

Watched him actually play some good stints off the bench for Manly. Also see him have some average ones

I was again naive to believe that once he came here he’d become more consistent and actually improve, despite all evidence to the contrary

Sean Keppie should be our Nicholls replacement, but he's our new Liam Knight.

Pretty much

I still think Host should be looked at as our Nichols replacement

He’s a big unit and not athletic enough for the edge

He always felt like a Knight to me.

I like the shout that Host is actually our Nichols replacement.

Though I might be suffering from the losses wanting to make all 3 of our edge backrowers (Host, Arrow and Koloamatangi) middles.

I thought Keppie would be Sele's replacement.

I must have seen the Manly games where Keppie performed well. My recollection of him is similar to brown's. The games I saw, he hit really well in defence - I thought he would give us some starch.

Anyway...let's hope he finds some form.

Given his lack of experience I reckon KEMPIE has gone ok🤪

Back