• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Lachlan Ilias

I'm very keen to see Pete M under a real coach. One who would help get him tougher and stronger to handle the step up to the NRL defensively.

He is very crafty around the ruck and is a genuine 9. Brings his players onto the ball well, good at isolating defenders, etc. He has shown this consistently in the lower grades.

Keen to see if he can do it in NRL over a consistent run with clear direction as to his team role.
My thoughts too,Pete hasn’t been given a fair go,he has served his apprenticeship!

A dummy spit?, so if you were Lachys manager what would you have done, if Braithe was my manager i would expect him to take what ever steps necessary for my career , would not every other decent manager have done exactly the same?.
Hus dummy spit started as soon as he was dropped. Like I said he is struggling to remain impartial as a tv host.

When everything happened with Sam you could see the difference with Braith toward Souths. Right now he doesn’t have a soft spot for Souths. If and when Sam comes back then we will see a change in that. The latest with Ilias will only take him further away.
This is accurate. However in addition to that, with his uncles failing health, he does want to see south's succeed. Call that a soft spot if you will.

Unlike someone like Kent, etc.. Who just doesn't like us.

Isn’t he on 500k or thereabouts? No NRL club will be signing a back up 7 for that.

He will have to take a pay cut if he wants to leave or off to super league
Should never have been on $500K. What were his credentials?? Endorsement by JD!!!
How did that go?!!

Where is the known fact reported about what Ilias is being paid?

Of course, no one would launch a tirade based on made up rumours right?

I get that sentiment but the way Anasta has gone about the public airing, ever since Lachy got dropped, has been wrong.

Its been a constant dummy spit, filled with venom and personal agendas
Exactly captain. Just watched the replay. Bwaith unfortunately gas a complete three way conflict of interest. His peppering of Blake Solly re Ilias, Taaffe and Mamo ( when really it was all about Ilias) was as a program compère when really his desire was pot shots at Solly as a player manager whose client has been dumped and then released after Anastas’s request. In his role as a p/m this week he asked for a release.

The ultimate question was “as a close friend of Sam’s” he questioned the club’s response to Sam’s concerns. Solly called him out as the program’s compère and once again Bwaith wanted to embarrass Solly.

Even though I’ve been critical of Solly’s handling of this and the botched Accor Stadium MoU Blake handled the barrage of questions well I thought.

Hooper the Goose then tried to out down Gus as having the conflict of interest from 100% Footy and the Bulldogs.

The ironic thing is that he was addressing Bwaith who has the greatest conflict of interest! 360 could do worse than consider who is best to compère the show after standing down Kent not once but twice in the past year!

Hope Ilias goes to the Rorters so there’s another reason to fire up.

Jacky Boy and Trell can run over the top of him next year!

Where’s David Faa’logo when you need him most? Love a bronze statue of the incident!

Hus dummy spit started as soon as he was dropped. Like I said he is struggling to remain impartial as a tv host.
How many player managers do you see going on like this ? His position in the media has gone to his head. He needs to separate one from the other. Other clubs will be looking at his dummy spits and thinking long and hard about signing from his stable.

Where is the known fact reported about what Ilias is being paid?

Of course, no one would launch a tirade based on made up rumours right?
I seem to remember when he re-signed Braith spoke about how he stayed for less than he could have got elsewhere.

Illias would have developed into a much better player if is development wasn't so interrupted by covid and having to take over from Adam, rather than be his understudy for a few years.

Really disappointing on what could have been.

Some of the Ilias stuff re: pay might be my bad. I was sure I read 500k when he re-signed and thinking it was kind of an in between amount. Not cheap, but not crippling.

But if no one else remembers that I probably have it mixed up or have remembered wrong.

Can’t find an article online.

The dollars are usually in the pre announcement reporting, not the announcement, so can be hard to track down.

Some of the Ilias stuff re: pay might be my bad. I was sure I read 500k when he re-signed and thinking it was kind of an in between amount. Not cheap, but not crippling.

But if no one else remembers that I probably have it mixed up or have remembered wrong.

Can’t find an article online.

The dollars are usually in the pre announcement reporting, not the announcement, so can be hard to track down.
I read an article recently where it said Lachy would be on $450k next year.

Illias would have developed into a much better player if is development wasn't so interrupted by covid and having to take over from Adam, rather than be his understudy for a few years.

Really wasnt even an understudy. Didnt we have nikorima and marshall as our utility when the transition could have been Ilias?

I don’t think there is much proof of that. Many young players were affected by Covid. Maybe (definitely) he just isn’t a good half

I think the covid stuff is overblown. Many players went through civid lock down and kicked on.

I think the covid stuff is overblown. Many players went through civid lock down and kicked on.

I tend to agree.
in the case of Lachy I wonder what development “issues” Anasta has.
it seems to me he’s just lashing out

Back