• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Sean Keppie

Noticed there wasn't a player thread.

This guy really impressed me. Not sure on the stats, but that was a good first impression.
He’s was great tonight mate a great addition to the pack.

Had some sloppy moments in defence but worked hard.

Will be fascinated to see how the bench and pack end up.

Tatola, Keppie, Burgess, Moale, Mitchell, Havili all battling out for (probably) 4 spots.

And Fletcher puts an interesting spin on things. Will battle with Host for edge time.

He impressed a lot in this trial game. Manly fans didn't care he was leaving last year and mentioned he drops the ball or has poor lateral movement.

I didn't see any of those issues, looks like a good signing and in our system will flourish behind a superior pack.

He did seem to have some issues with his contact.

Seemed to go high and have some bounce off factor.

Perhaps it was just slippery out there or he had some trial fatigue. One to watch.

Dane Gagai used to have a bit of that. Would looks solid for periods and then randomly would have a night where hitting and sticking alluded him completely.

He impressed a lot in this trial game. Manly fans didn't care he was leaving last year and mentioned he drops the ball or has poor lateral movement.

I didn't see any of those issues, looks like a good signing and in our system will flourish behind a superior pack.
He did have one poor missed tackle in the first half. Keppie, Moale, and Burgess did appear to struggle a bit with their lateral movements defending.

When watching the SeaTurkeys play I would think that a big nasty bloke like Keppie would be a plus for Souths instead of all the nice guys.
Now we have Keppie AND Milne.
Voila.

Had some sloppy moments in defence but worked hard.

Will be fascinated to see how the bench and pack end up.

Tatola, Keppie, Burgess, Moale, Mitchell, Havili all battling out for (probably) 4 spots.

And Fletcher puts an interesting spin on things. Will battle with Host for edge time.
In front of Duncan???

In front of Duncan???
Duncan has a bench spot sewn up (with Tom) relieving Murray in the middle IMO.

But won’t play edge (has spent zero time there so far?) and won’t factor in the 4 man prop rotation.

I know people want 4 middles on the bench, but I tend to think you’ll see 2 props, Duncan and an edge.

He did have one poor missed tackle in the first half. Keppie, Moale, and Burgess did appear to struggle a bit with their lateral movements defending.
He did seem to have some issues with his contact.

Seemed to go high and have some bounce off factor.

Perhaps it was just slippery out there or he had some trial fatigue. One to watch.

Dane Gagai used to have a bit of that. Would looks solid for periods and then randomly would have a night where hitting and sticking alluded him completely.
Ah okay, I missed that watching on my phone.

Hopefully the coaching staff have seen this devensive weakness in his game and can develop a plan to remediate it.

As for lateral movement - how would you fix this?

Ah okay, I missed that watching on my phone.

Hopefully the coaching staff have seen this devensive weakness in his game and can develop a plan to remediate it.

As for lateral movement - how would you fix this?
Effort and application. I wouldn’t rate it something unfixable, just takes commitment to improve and is one to watch.

Mark Nichols had some of this in his game when he arrived and got it fixed.

Damien Cook too from memory.

Back