• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Sean Keppie

What is the old saying about front rowers…..?

you need at least 6:
2 on the field, 2 on the bench and 2 waiting to return from suspension (or injury)

We have that covered.

This is a big test for Keppie and will give us an indication of his potential value.

It's obvious he's a bit of a rough nut, very physical and likes to deal out punishment.

Up against his old team I feel sure he will try to totally dominate their forwards and really give it to them to make a point.

But here's the test, will he try it by doing dumb things like Milne does, and end up costing us with time in the bin etc, or will he do it legally, intimidate them, bash them and stay on the field?

If it's the latter, we will have a very valuable player on our hands.

Go Sean, have a great game!

Personally, I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves with Keppie.

If we get Nichols or Sele-like input from him then great. Home run from the club filling that spot externally.

Not expecting him to be AFB, an enforcer, or massively overhaul our pack.

Realistically, my hope would be that Moale overtakes him on the pecking order some time this season (just given his higher ceiling).

Personally, I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves with Keppie.

If we get Nichols or Sele-like input from him then great. Home run from the club filling that spot externally.

Not expecting him to be AFB, an enforcer, or massively overhaul our pack.

Realistically, my hope would be that Moale overtakes him on the pecking order some time this season (just given his higher ceiling).

I think people are getting ahead of themselves with Moale.

Entirely possible. He doesn’t have many runs on the board as yet. Short of gaining a debut very young.

I guess we all make early calls on players, sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong.

So far, I kind of like what I see in Moale but for me he just hasn't gone out there, shown some agro, and really made a case for a top spot. There are good things there though.

The main one who is talked up a lot that I just can't see it is Mamouzelos. Maybe I have seen him in the wrong games, but to me he is very average.

Last edited:
I guess we all make early calls on players, sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong.

So far, I kind of like what I see in Moale but for me he just hasn't gone out there, shown some agro, and really made a case for a top spot. There are good things there though.

The main one who is talked up a lot that I just can't see it is Mamouzelos. Mabe I have seen him in the wrong games, but to me he is very average.
From what I saw in the Charity Shield, Moale is looking extremely fit and confident. That was his potential coming out right there. I expect him to forge ahead by leaps and bounds this season.

I expect him to forge ahead by leaps and bounds this season.

I hope so, because we haven't really seen it yet.

Being fit and confident is not a dispaly of his potential.
Every single player on our books should be fit and confident.

The main one who is talked up a lot that I just can't see it is Mamouzelos. Maybe I have seen him in the wrong games, but to me he is very average.
I tend to agree re Mamo. Besides the fact that Cookie looks at least a few years away from retiring I just have this feeling that another hooker candidate will be revealed over the next season or so……I’ve said it for a while now that I believe Ilias could well transition to become our number 9. Crystal balling…..Gray 7, Ilias 9.
On the subject of Keppie, so far so good and tomorrow will show us a fair bit. He doesn’t come across as a hot head but a solid big body in the trenches is what we need. He ticks that box.

I hope so, because we haven't really seen it yet.

Being fit and confident is not a dispaly of his potential.
Every single player on our books should be fit and confident.
Have you seen him going for offloads in the past two years ? That tells me he's more confident in his ability and place in the team. That's what I mean.

Duncan has a bench spot sewn up (with Tom) relieving Murray in the middle IMO.

But won’t play edge (has spent zero time there so far?) and won’t factor in the 4 man prop rotation.

I know people want 4 middles on the bench, but I tend to think you’ll see 2 props, Duncan and an edge.
No Duncan in the 17 this week!

Back