• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

I had the same perspective as you last year. - first time NRL coach had the team flying hit a rough patch last year due to lots of reasons, fair enough it happens. Take the offseason, re-group and go again.

BUT we have failed spectacularly, we have gone so far backwards. There is no clear defensive or attacking approach. Individual players are performing well below their talent. This is fact
Yes, and I'm in agreement with you on needing to move JD on as the buck must stop with him, but I still think players and other factors must be taken into account . The number of injuries and suspensions to players this year has been horrendous and I can't remember a start to the year that has been so impacted by it in all my years of following this club. The draw hasn't helped either.

Yes, and I'm in agreement with you on needing to move JD on as the buck must stop with him, but I still think players and other factors must be taken into account . The number of injuries and suspensions to players this year has been horrendous and I can't remember a start to the year that has been so impacted by it in all my years of following this club. The draw hasn't helped either.

We collapsed last season when we were at the easy part of the draw.

We collapsed last season when we were at the easy part of the draw.
New season. Tigers were sh.t last season as well so things can change. It's this season and we've been up against it from the start when Campbell got ruled out. Who knows how we start with an easier draw ?

Our issue is the depth of players that we have aren’t good enough

Guys like Havili, Tass, Milne, Host, Chee Kam, Thompson are not up to nrl standards but for some reason JD thinks that they are and the sad thing is even if we had a healthy squad he would still pick these under performing players.

I was begging for a clear out last year and they kept off of these guys. The writing was on the wall and you could see this happening. Now we as fans are playing for it
I agree mate. Really ordinary. How we resigned blokes like Kennar and Milne is beyond me.

There is NO USE blaming injuries, I still see Penrith performing well . They have lost half a NRL side last 2-3 yrs and have injuries issues and keep winning ??
When RC and co took over SS I envisaged we were going to get a set up like Penrith.
As a lot have mentioned here we have a team of reserve graders.
Milne is an embarrassment to SS. and he keeps getting picked it is obvious their is no one else and Mitchell, don't get me started on the mist overrated NRL player.
Can anyone recall his last decent game (v Penrith last year ). Talks himself up and fails to deliver ( several times).
We have gone back to bad days of early 00's a struggling NRL side we will be entrenched in bottom half for the next 2-3yrs.
Mitchell’s last good game? Against Manly round 1. I thought he played well in that game despite the loss.

I agree mate. Really ordinary. How we resigned blokes like Kennar and Milne is beyond me.

They actually spoke about that a few months ago.
In effect, they are on minimal deals and when you look at who was available to buy at the time they were a better option.

keep that in mind when it was considered that they wouldn’t be rquired given we had AJ, Munro, Mellars, Tass, Graham, Thompson ahead of them

Mitchell’s last good game? Against Manly round 1. I thought he played well in that game despite the loss.
I agree - Mitchell played solidly against Manly. Against the Dogs, he stopped 3 tries. Against anyone else, Burton would have scored out in the open.

Whether people like him or not, Mitchell has orchestrated most of our tries when he plays.

Yes he has other issues, but let’s not lump everything together.

I agree - Mitchell played solidly against Manly. Against the Dogs, he stopped 3 tries. Against anyone else, Burton would have scored out in the open.

Whether people like him or not, Mitchell has orchestrated most of our tries when he plays.

Yes he has other issues, but let’s not lump everything together.

And as good as the kid went last night, rest assured, Latrell would have taken more advantage of the space he was in. Certainly Trell scores the bombed try where Jye passed to Gagai in the first half and a few others

Anyways wonder what JD's 5 week plan is to get us out of this?

If it's such a good plan, why didn't he use it to begin with.

Or is this plan B, or C or Plan D...

Anyways wonder what JD's 5 week plan is to get us out of this?

If it's such a good plan, why didn't he use it to begin with.

Or is this plan B, or C or Plan D...
The plan is clearly to wait for the Titans game.

And as good as the kid went last night, rest assured, Latrell would have taken more advantage of the space he was in. Certainly Trell scores the bombed try where Jye passed to Gagai in the first half and a few others

I don't know why i bother replying but maybe you might learn something.

You say Trell takes advantage of the space?

Only reason why Gray had lots of space is because he put himself in the right positions and actually runs the ball back with speed, comes on to passes with speed.

He is running into space...
The plan is clearly to wait for the Titans game.

Titans have improved, we haven't.

You say Trell takes advantage of the space?

Only reason why Gray had lots of space is because he put himself in the right positions and actually runs the ball back with speed, comes on to passes with speed.

He is running into space...

Titans have improved, we haven't.
Well that’s not part of the plan!

Well, don’t, you keep promising but like our defense, you buckle.
As to learning, start paying attention instead of pathetically sniping and you might😜

There were times we went alright against Melbourne, with a little luck, the difference could have been much less.
Our injuries sure ain't helping, there was such a devide in the talent between the two teams that even a high completion rate couldn't help.

It's going to be a long way back.

Back