• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

Apparently Sam B took a trip to Newcastle to sign Young.
Dom signed with Chooks for less!😇😇😇😇😇😇
Our club is broke or stupid
Maybe that’s indicative of the relationship between Sam and JD.

He'll be going, nothing surer . They obviously don't have anyone in mind to take over at present, so everyone just stop the relentless whining. Next week we'll more than likely get flogged again and all these sack the coach threads will be repeated and all the expert opinions on what he has or hasn't done wrong will also be repeated. If a caretaker comes in and we get flogged the same people will be on here again blaming the coach that got sacked, until we get a win against one of the lesser teams that we probably would have won against with the current coach on board. This place is seriously messed up right now.😵

Nonsense - off the top of my head this is when contracts were extended - which had no WB input.
21 - Reynolds, let go.
22 - Walker and Mitchell extended
23 - Tatola, Keaon, Graham, Arrow, Cook, Murray extended
23 - Wighton recruited

That’s our whole spine and then bulk of our forward pack all extended under the current management and coach.

This mess has zero to do with Wayne
And you wouldn't have extended those guys ? Who did Wayne sign as depth while he was here and how long were their contacts ?

No it's all the coach. Ask the experts. Players are doing this because they're trained to do it and it's the coaches game plan. 😜
Remind me agai n who was the guy who recruited and retained the players with sub par NRL ability?

Remind me again who’s responsibility it is develop players to an NRL standard?

Remind me again who’s role it is to give clear and concise directives to the high performance team to ensure the playing group is as fit as possible for an NRL season

Remind me again who it was that was happy to let an experienced and premiership winning halfback go, because they felt they were capable of developing another, despite evidence to the contrary

And remind me again who it was that openly stated he was taking charge of defence to fix the issue but clearly hasn’t

Again, you train soft you play soft

If you don’t understand your role within the team and don’t receive clear instruction you look lost on the field

And if you have lost confidence in your leader and coach, performance will reflect that.

I’m glad you’re so supportive of your Mrs Demitriou, put eventually you need to accept that his just not good at his job

Bennett always wanted to go back to QLD to be wth his son. He spends a lot of time developing his property with him in mind.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the transition plan. It was Waynes plan
I cannot see Wayne leaving QLD, though if we make him an offer he can't refuse, who knows.

It is nice to have a place to vent because if we were winning 99 percent would be positive. at the moment it is what it is I like the forum
Me too! It reminds me of the old days on here pre Yes vote when we were perennially shit! You’ve got the “IN JD WE TRUST” mob who try to make out like anyone who isn’t blindly positive in spite of our poor results “isn’t a true fan!” You’ve even certain posters pulling out the age old “Why don’t you go down to training and say it to his face?!” when criticising players performances! I’m waiting for a post from TET, Jet or the BOTACK!!! 😂😂😂

Remind me agai n who was the guy who recruited and retained the players with sub par NRL ability?

Remind me again who’s responsibility it is develop players to an NRL standard?

Remind me again who’s role it is to give clear and concise directives to the high performance team to ensure the playing group is as fit as possible for an NRL season

Remind me again who it was that was happy to let an experienced and premiership winning halfback go, because they felt they were capable of developing another, despite evidence to the contrary

And remind me again who it was that openly stated he was taking charge of defence to fix the issue but clearly hasn’t

Again, you train soft you play soft

If you don’t understand your role within the team and don’t receive clear instruction you look lost on the field

And if you have lost confidence in your leader and coach, performance will reflect that.

I’m glad you’re so supportive of your Mrs Demitriou, put eventually you need to accept that his just not good at his job
No I'm not being supportive of JD. I'm just looking at it from a different perspective and holding the players equally responsible for what's going on. I'm also citing injuries and suspensions which at present stands at 9 soon to be 10 out of our squad of 30 not being available as reasons relating to our slump. Yes the coach will need to fall on his axe , but I'm not naive to think this can all be blamed on the coach you have a genuine hatred for and I'm sure this is also being taken into account by the management of our club.

No I'm not being supportive of JD. I'm just looking at it from a different perspective and holding the players equally responsible for what's going on. I'm also citing injuries and suspensions which at present stands at 9 soon to be 10 out of our squad of 30 not being available as reasons relating to our slump. Yes the coach will need to fall on his axe , but I'm not naive to think this can all be blamed on the coach you have a genuine hatred for and I'm sure this is also being taken into account by the management of our club.
I had the same perspective as you last year. - first time NRL coach had the team flying hit a rough patch last year due to lots of reasons, fair enough it happens. Take the offseason, re-group and go again.

BUT we have failed spectacularly, we have gone so far backwards. There is no clear defensive or attacking approach. Individual players are performing well below their talent. This is fact

Back