• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

Good morning my fellow South Sydney members and fans, rise and shine. An incredibly special day today. Anzac day. One of the most important and significant days of the year as we commemorate and remember those who laid down their lives for us so that we could live the life we do now. We would not be here without them. Take a moment today to reflect and remember them. Lest we forget.

2024 is an especially special Anzac Day for us as for the first time since 2014, it also doubles as game day. That's right, we're playing on Anzac Day. Tonight, we take on the Storm in Melbourne on one of Rugby League's most honored and special stages, this day in Melbourne. That is extremely special and is such an honor, I hope the boys do the significance of this day justice tonight. It's going to be huge.

We all know our record against the Storm in Melbourne. 18 games throughout history, 18 losses. It is well and truly a hoodoo, and it goes beyond just having a few bad nights there. It is now phycological. We just don't win there. Coupled with the injuries we have and how atrocious we have been, it's hard to see how we win tonight, it really is. The Storm are such a good side and while they haven't exactly been playing brilliantly themselves lately, they are a top side full of talent and will be right up there with the best of them again this year. Our backs are massively against the wall tonight.

Despite all this, I have somehow woken up today feeling really positive about this game. I don't know what it is. I have just felt better and better about it as the week's gone on. It's strange. Why do I feel that way? I have no reason to really, but I just do. Today just have a different feel about it. It's Anzac Day, we'll be full of emotion, are wearing a special jersey, coming off a bye and we have a new member of the coaching staff. I dunno, it just has that feeling about it for me. I know I'm crazy.

Just imagine if we could do it. Just imagine. First win in Melbourne, on Anzac Day, given the way we're going. God, I'd probably cry. It'd be up there with our greatest ever wins.

So, I wait with anticipation. I will go to a ceremony soon and pay my respects, and I'm sure from then on, the nerves will grow.

Channel the Anzac spirit and let's do this boys!!

I haven’t seen him run in circles at all this year that’s an exaggeration. His long passing game is good yes he’s thrown some bad passes but even Api and Grant have thrown bad passes. Pete threw as many crash balls last week it’s our game plan. Also have you watched other hookers in the comp that throw as many crash balls? If not watch closer and you’ll see what I mean.

We haven’t even got to the game time tomorrow yet and people wanna shit on Damien. Let me say these same people wouldn’t have the guts to say it to his face that’s for sure!
My opinion is Cook is not a good hooker and going forward we would be served better with Pete. But again that's my opinion and Cook could prove me wrong tonight. Hope he does but I doubt it.

As for saying it to his face if that is now the prerequisite for posting anything on a forum, forums will be very quiet. Surely souths have couches than point out his issues. Many times he takes forever to decide if to run, Pass left or right and it kills momentum. His passes are not good. But again my opinion. It's for Cook to prove us wrong.

They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning
We will remember them.

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 0
Perhaps it is my ever present optimistic attitude to life brainwashing me, but I still feel we are going to start the turnaround tonight and beat the Storm.

Glad to see Cook back, we missed his defence and Mamozoules was brushed off like a fly a number of times, gave a heap of crash balls without any criticism, and does not show any guile or creativity from dummy half.

Again, I hope he eventually proves me wrong, but I still don't see a top NRL hooker in him.

Really happy about Arrow being back, but nervous about re-injuring it based on the comments in the past week. That would really be a disaster for us, he is the type we need onfield if we are ever to turn this around.

Hawkins I feel is improving as he gains more confidence, a few of the league shows were giving him a bit of a rap during the week, Joey Johns actually gave him some mention.

Cody? I just don't know.

He just doesn't seem present, switched on or really into it. Would absolutely LOVE to see the old Cody tonight setting up tries and line breaks.

My real concerns tonight are defending bombs, we suck at that usually, and tonight Bellamy will bomb the hell out of Jye, and that could possibly get ugly, not to mention Milne leaping 10 centimetres to defend bombs.

Line speed, another area we suck in, will be critical. If we are slow, they will murder us. And along with that goes errors, stop dropping the ****ing ball.

The last thing I'd like to see improvement in is shutting down opposition offloads, we give up so many metres by letting them offload and get good second phase play.

Anyway, excited to see if there is much difference in our play and attitude with Furner added and the line up we have.

If Jye Gray can put in an impressive performance against a team as good as the Storm and a coach as strategic as Bellamy then I think he will be well on his way to the outstanding career we all seem to agree he is heading for.

Going to look forward to watching all 3 games today, with the Souths vs Storm as the Main Event.

Go the Bucken Funnies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well game Day is upon us a special one at that being ANZAC Day lest we forget! Tonight we go down on what is for us the toughest trip in the NRL! That’s right we take on the Storm down there and what an occasion it is tonight. It’s certainly not going to be easy at all 18 attempts down there for 18 losses it sure is a massive hoodoo. We have got close before but just can’t seem to do it. The Storm are flying top of the ladder we all know what they bring. We will have to be right on our game the whole 80mins to have any hope otherwise clock off for 20mins either side if half time or the back end of halves and they’ll pull our pants down. I can’t say I’m feeling confident but dig deep boys and show some grit and resilience. I’m looking forward to seeing Jye Gray go around tonight again and how he goes. We will need to stop Munster and Grant to even get close to them.

To those that have made the trip down I hope the boys do us proud. The day we beat them down there when it happens I won’t be able to hold my emotions in. It will be one of our best ever wins. Get in there boys and do us proud!

I am looking forward to seeing if Furner has been able to improve our defence even just a little bit. I have faith in Furnsy to help improve this area.

Also Jai I wish you a good return tonight and getting through the game unscathed.

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ON YOUR FEET AT 7:48PM TONIGHT SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE STAND!! WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY AND LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

Latest posts

Back