• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Adam Reynolds

I can pull up the articles of him and his manager saying 2 years but it is really irrelevant as we would have got 2 years of him at his best. We threw away our premiership window. Crazy stuff
Maybe, maybe not. He wasn’t great in Madge’s final years and only picked up when Wayne came. No guaranteed keeping Reyno and still having JD as coach changes our fortunes. I still think Wayne was the bigger loss but we will see

I can pull up the articles of him and his manager saying 2 years but it is really irrelevant as we would have got 2 years of him at his best. We threw away our premiership window. Crazy stuff
You can pull up what you want. I know that Adam was never interested in anything other than 3 years. I also know that Souths were only interested in one year.

People sometimes change their mind when an offer is made. We only offered one year and refused to offer a compromise of two, so we'll never know.

I thought we should have kept him but not for three years, two would have been fair.

You can pull up what you want. I know that Adam was never interested in anything other than 3 years. I also know that Souths were only interested in one year.

Here you go mate maybe you can let Adam know what he was and wasn’t interested in.

Reynolds believed he had more to give so took a three year $2.4m deal with Brisbane. “I had four young kids and my salary was about to be cut in half,” he told reporters this week. “I was fine with that, but I wanted two years. There are no hard feelings. A decision had to be made [and] I made the decision to look after my family… it’s business at the end of the day.”

Reactions: CCR
What am I doing back here ? Yeh I'm bored. Seriously, who gives a flying .... it's done and dusted. Our team is busted and if the little bloke in yellow or gold colours, not exactly sure because I don't enjoy watching them, who offered to sign on for another year to help his Broncos ....Yes, Broncos young halves was here right now; it wouldn't make an ounce of difference to the position we're in . He'd more than likely be adding to our injury list and probably would have been the first one on it. 😮

Last edited:
Ben Hornby won a comp playing half back at the Dragons(played for Australia as well) under super coach Bennett, why would we have to get Cronk in to help Ilias when an experienced premiership winning half was on staff ?

I still feel we should’ve planned better at the time to put forward a two year guaranteed offer for our club captain and halfback whether he takes it or not is the other question but I felt a one year deal was always low balling him whilst 3 wasn’t in Souths best interests. Yes Souths didn’t know how much the cap was going to go up but that’s partly an excuse. Easier said than done but we could’ve tried shopping a couple of players around to keep him we didn’t fight hard and that was as JD, Solly, Ello and Schaefer thought we could keep our window open by backing Trell, Cody and Damien that’s what they did and they thought Ilias could do the Reynolds role but what they did was underestimate how hard that role was too fill for mine.

Whilst Milford was the stopgap I thought that was always gonna be a bad choice even if Milford played for us.

Anyway JD is gone and Ilias likely too let’s hope Dodd is the answer. Hawkins can go too we have J. Gray and Teaupa for halves depth.

Are we seriously ****ing still talking about this that happened 3 years ago???
Get the **** over it
With all due respect Shauno (and others of your ilk), maybe you should get the **** over it?

We are in a seriously big hole at the moment and the clubs retention and recruitment should rightly be criticised.

The club is in this hole because of decisions that have been made over a substantial period of time.

That includes the decision making around the retention of Reynolds.

With all due respect Shauno (and others of your ilk), maybe you should get the **** over it?

We are in a seriously big hole at the moment and the clubs retention and recruitment should rightly be criticised.

The club is in this hole because of decisions that have been made over a substantial period of time.

That includes the decision making around the retention of Reynolds.
True

But we cant undo those mistakes, we need to learn from them and work out what we do from here.

Getting Wayne back will help immensely.

Here you go mate maybe you can let Adam know what he was and wasn’t interested in.

Reynolds believed he had more to give so took a three year $2.4m deal with Brisbane. “I had four young kids and my salary was about to be cut in half,” he told reporters this week. “I was fine with that, but I wanted two years. There are no hard feelings. A decision had to be made [and] I made the decision to look after my family… it’s business at the end of the day.”
Funny that despite what he is saying here that 2 years was never on the table from him or his manager during negotiations.

In saying that even if it were Souths were sticking to their guns with one year.

Back