• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

God almighty . He sticks with them and gets torn apart, rotates them gets torn apart, drops them gets torn apart 😆😆😆
We’ve had so many out of form or non performing players in attitude and output under JD’s watch. It’s been happening since 2022.

Other than Cook for one game, what other star has been dropped?

Gagai, Shaq and Duncan get dropped after out performing established stars.

Your comment pointed to the reason - he’s stuck with/dropped/rotated the wrong players.

He has no idea. I’m sure he’s trying his best. However, as a head coach he’s a good Assistant Coach.

I don't understand that thought.

I want Souths and JD to go through undefeated from here and win the comp.

I don't get how you don't want success for Souths
Darque. I want success for us. I want us to be undefeated from here on in and win the comp. I just can't see it happening with JD. Would be more than happy for him to turn it around and prove me wrong

We’ve had so many out of form or non performing players in attitude and output under JD’s watch. It’s been happening since 2022.

Other than Cook for one game, what other star has been dropped?

Gagai, Shaq and Duncan get dropped after out performing established stars.

Your comment pointed to the reason - he’s stuck with/dropped/rotated the wrong players.

He has no idea. I’m sure he’s trying his best. However, as a head coach he’s a good Assistant Coach.
Its not just player selections where JD has failed the club.

He had all off season to address our glaring weakness in defence and didnt do so.

He had all off season to address our poor ball control and didnt do so.

He had all off season to address our fitness shortcomings, line speed in defence and numerous other effort areas where we are way off the pace and didnt do so.

Anyone can see we dont look fit.

We look slow, our line speed is non existant in defence and we dont support anyone with the ball when a break is made.

Teams constantly make big metres against us, we look way off the pace in every aspect.
That doesn't strike me as a fitness issue. That's just lack of confidence and attention to detail. I highly doubt any team is unfit at this time of year unless there are players coming back underdone from injury rehab and that also would be highly doubtful.

That doesn't strike me as a fitness issue. That's just lack of confidence and attention to detail. I highly doubt any team is unfit at this time of year unless there are players coming back underdone from injury rehab and that also would be highly doubtful.
Well this has also happened, we saw it with Munro.

I dont think we are unfit per say, i just think every other team is a lot fitter than us and that shows in our body language on the field and our defensive efforts.

Walker, Cookie Cam & Jack to varying degrees couldn’t do the bulk of training for the last 7 weeks before game 1.
We were on the back foo, massively and then get smashed by the draw.
yes, confidence has been a massive issue👐

Given who is available, if it were up to me..

1. Jye Gray
2. Isaiah Tass
3. Jack Wighton
4. Izaac Tu'itupou Thompson
5. Jacob Gagai
6. Cody Walker
7. Dean Hawkins
8. Davvy Moale
9. Peter Mamouzelos
10. Jai Arrow
11. Keaon Koloamatangi
12. Tallis Duncan
13. Cameron Murray

14. Siliva Havili
15. Tom Burgess
16. Shaq Mitchell
17. Taane Milne

Reasoning:
- Moale IMO is the logical Tatola replacement - tradesman for tradesman
- Arrow to start prop. One of our best middles, there is no use hiding him, he's either fit or he isn't.
- Left side of Wighton and Tass
- Right side of Thompson (a centre) and Gagai (who plays on the right)
- Duncan left edge, get him in there
- Burgess and Shaq for impact/second-phase off the bench
- Havili to spell Murray
- Milne as a utility, can both both on an edge or in the middle, where required. If you want Host or Chee Kam there instead I won't argue.

Unavailable:
- L.Mitchell, Johnston, Munro, Graham, Ilias, Tatola, Te Hau, Kennar, Lovett, Fletcher (anyone else?)
I don’t agree with moving Tass from centre and I don’t agree with playing Thompson at centre. Tallis shouldn’t play edge given the coaching staff have never trained him in that position. Also I don’t like Havili spelling Pete at hooker he’s the 3rd best hooker in the club Havili. Damien for mine still is in our best 17 that’s for sure he does so much work in the middle and despite his flaws is still a good player but no longer an 80mins player. Glad common sense has prevailed and he is back but I’d have had him in the 14.

I don’t agree with moving Tass from centre and I don’t agree with playing Thompson at centre. Tallis shouldn’t play edge given the coaching staff have never trained him in that position. Also I don’t like Havili spelling Pete at hooker he’s the 3rd best hooker in the club Havili. Damien for mine still is in our best 17 that’s for sure he does so much work in the middle and despite his flaws is still a good player but no longer an 80mins player. Glad common sense has prevailed and he is back but I’d have had him in the 14.
I said Havili spells Murray. Mamouzelos plays 80 mins.

Tass has been a defensive liability in the centres and I really like Thompson's output in that position in NSW Cup.

The Duncan selection is a "pick your best 17" one. He is agile, he is quick, he is a good defender. It just makes sense.

Tass has been a defensive liability in the centres and I really like Thompson's output in that position in NSW Cup.

The Duncan selection is a "pick your best 17" one. He is agile, he is quick, he is a good defender. It just makes sense.
I don’t want Mamozelos playing 80mins at this stage he was falling off tackles at times last week and his long passing game isn’t as fast or crisp as Cook. He doesn’t even always play 80mins in Cup either Pete they do spell him at times. On what I’ve seen from Pete nothing screams to me that he’s better than Cook that Pete should fully take over that role.

I would probs have Duncan on the bench too but the coaching staff JD, Hornby etc must see things they want him to work on whatever that is obviously we don’t know.

Thompson defended I don’t think would be better than Tass and Thompson is slower lateral movement wise. Thompson has also had some bad defensive reads in Cup.

Tass is the head scratching one for me. I get our cupboard is pretty bare with injuries.

BUT…he is a defensive liability and offers very little in attack. Both on the left and the right. He crowds his outside players, and isn’t seen as a threat by the opposition so they don’t number up on him.

Funnily enough, when he went over to left wing, I thought he looked reasonably good. Didn’t have to pass to anyone for a start! 🤣

I’d like to see Thompson given a crack at the right centre…he’s a big body and think he provides more potential there.

I still can’t work out what Gagai did wrong in Las Vegas to not be considered for the 17 until this week.

What was the point of dropping Cook just so he could start the next game?
I don’t know anything but maybe there was a discipline issue with Cook that the club has kept quiet.

Who knows.

Will be interesting to see who runs out tomorrow night. I reckon it might be Pete with Cook on the bench.

Add more weight to havili spelling Murray, he has been handy in the middle when in attack and has set up a few tries this season

Tass is the head scratching one for me. I get our cupboard is pretty bare with injuries.

BUT…he is a defensive liability and offers very little in attack. Both on the left and the right. He crowds his outside players, and isn’t seen as a threat by the opposition so they don’t number up on him.

Funnily enough, when he went over to left wing, I thought he looked reasonably good. Didn’t have to pass to anyone for a start! 🤣

I’d like to see Thompson given a crack at the right centre…he’s a big body and think he provides more potential there.

I still can’t work out what Gagai did wrong in Las Vegas to not be considered for the 17 until this week.

It's a no brainer to switch Tass to the wing and bring in Thompson at centre.

Gagai deserves another crack on the wing, how he goes? Who knows but he deserves a shot over what we have left.

My team is very similar to yobbos except he had Milne on the bench and I had a second rower but either way both would work and makes more sense then what JD has come up with.

Someone should show JD some highlight reels of Coates because I'm not sure he understands the missmatch between Milne and Coates.

I mean if Milne can handle coates, credit to him, I'll tip my hat to him and give him all the praise he deserves but you just can't see it happening with how he was last game and throughout the season

I'm hoping JD is pranking us and makes changes because he does have Thompson and Duncan on the extended bench and brings them in but I'm setting myself up for disappointment that he would

We don’t have a winger to compete in the air with Coates. Milne however will make sure Coates knows he is there. A guy that jumps like Coates makes his ribs a target.

Latest posts

Back