• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

They're obviously all fitter than 99% of the general population.

There's different types of fitness though. Put an elite rock climber, power lifter and marathon runner in a room together, and whilst they'll all be supremely fit, none of them will have the right type of fitness to do what the other two could do.

So the question from the observer is, are we doing the right type of training? And are we training under fatigue enough?

I don't know the answers to this question, but the proof is in the pudding - the players fatigue quickly in games, and concede a tonne of points when tired.
I don’t think the issue is fitness as such but more a lack of team cohesion. For example the whole defensive line needs to move up quickly, if only one or two come out of the the line there are holes everywhere and suddenly you are scrambling to cover and guys look gassed. I don’t think it’s fitness that’s preventing the whole defensive line moving up quickly but just lack of clarity around how we defend.
The same with quick chase - the whole line needs to move quick or there are holes everywhere.

We couldnt beat the Storm in Melbourne when we were firing and playing well.

We have little hope when we are in our current slump.

It might sound defeatist but its just sadly the reality at the moment.

Not the point mate.

you just expect your coach to get basic things correct, if we lose then we lose but i rather lose by 30 than lose by 50.

No one is expecting us to win but stop stuffing around the players all the time.

They're being set up to fail, not to win

Not the point mate.

you just expect your coach to get basic things correct, if we lose then we lose but i rather lose by 30 than lose by 50.

No one is expecting us to win but stop stuffing around the players all the time.

They're being set up to fail, not to win
He has zero idea.

The club is just treading water in our current state. There is no way he turns it around from here.

I dont have much hope at all until JD is gone sadly.

I don’t think the issue is fitness as such but more a lack of team cohesion. For example the whole defensive line needs to move up quickly, if only one or two come out of the the line there are holes everywhere and suddenly you are scrambling to cover and guys look gassed. I don’t think it’s fitness that’s preventing the whole defensive line moving up quickly but just lack of clarity around how we defend.
The same with quick chase - the whole line needs to move quick or there are holes everywhere.
Your line speed is only as quick as the slowest man.

It's looking more and more like a wooden spoon side every week, especially when you consider the form of our good on paper names.

Absolutely nobody, not a soul, could have ever predicted we would ever lineup with such a team during the pre season discussions.

Injuries always play a part but damn, what a ****ing weird looking team.

Stoked for Gags Jr and relieved to see Cook back.

Walker did nothing against The Bye, should have been dropped.

Absolutely nobody, not a soul, could have ever predicted we would ever lineup with such a team during the pre season discussions.

Injuries always play a part but damn, what a ****ing weird looking team.

Outside of Tatloa and Lovett missing, we have a full strength pack to choose from.

No Duncan.
Seriously

Yeah I can't grasp that at all.

If we are going with two hookers thingy then no issue with Mamozelous being picked despite the the faith a lot of posters have in him, I still haven't seen enough from him to become a top NRL hooker.

But in my opinion Duncan HAS to be more value than Havili.

And don't bother to suggest dropping Host (not directed AT you}, he has actually been one of our best forward performers recently.

So for me:

1. Jye Gray
  2. Jacob Gagai
  3. Jack Wighton
  4. Isaiah Tass
  5. Taane Milne
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Dean Hawkins
  8. Shaquai Mitchell
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Thomas Burgess
  11. Keaon Koloamatangi