• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

2 props, an edge and a utility. Was like clockwork under Bennett. Set your watch by it.

Thompson in the centres where he plays his best footy and have gagai and Tass as wingers.

we don't have to keep Milne there.
It’s a big step up from Cup to first grade. Thompson lateral movement isn’t too good either. Makes even more errors than Milne too.

I would rather keep Tass centre and Milne wing for now.

Some of the guys like Moale and Duncan need a stint in reserves because JD only gives them limited time on the field. Duncan only got twenty minutes in his last first grade game. They will not develop into first grade players without playing football.

They need to get some game time under their belt. I would prefer this game time in firsts.
Uness he is going to give them greater minutes in first grade it makes no sence dropping them. If they are on the bench to pump out 30 mins and are doing it dropping then to reserves to play 60 makes no sense.

What people are perceiving as forwards being underdone (and there is probably some of that), I think is players asked to play outside their physically suited spot.

Not only that Poet, the blokes you mentioned, Moale, Host, Koalamatangi and Keppie have, in all our losses, managed to string back to back errors which have been momentum killers and resulted with the being “gassed”

It was why manly got back into the game, it was why the donkeys got the upper hand, it was why the rorters got off to a flyer, it was why the dogs got back into the game and it was why we folded against the warriors

It’s a big step up from Cup to first grade. Thompson lateral movement isn’t too good either. Makes even more errors than Milne too.

I would rather keep Tass centre and Milne wing for now.

Come on dude.

Because he was played on the wing and you're just making it up with thompsons lateral movement at centre.

He plays his best footy there but never gets picked to play there in first grade.

No need to make stuff up if you want Milne in the side.

Why do we care who plays at centre or wing?

If we have the same mindset we have had all year then we will get lapped either way.
We are just treading water until JD goes...

Milne is a decent option if he doesn't have to take bombs. If I'm not mistaken, he'll be opposing Coates this week, quite possibly the premier bomb taker of all time. Does anyone else see a problem with this ? Surely he's not picked for this game.

I love it how people on here are consistently saying this team is unfit. Did anyone attend every training session during pre-season ? Has anyone attended every training session or weights session since then ? So you see a few guys blowing during a game and you come to the conclusion the whole team is unfit. How many of you have actually trained with a first grade squad to come up with these wild accusations ? For comedy value the comments on here are worthy of The Mark Twain Prize. Keep em coming 🤣

Why do we care who plays at centre or wing?

If we have the same mindset we have had all year then we will get lapped either way.
We are just treading water until JD goes...

It will give us more of fighting chance if a winger can catch a bomb or a grubber isn't put behind him for him to be to slow to turn around and get back to the ball before the attackers do.

If Sharks targeted Milne, you would expect Bellemy and Cleary to do the same. I would if it was me.

It will give us more of fighting chance if a winger can catch a bomb or a grubber isn't put behind him for him to be to slow to turn around and get back to the ball before the attackers do.

If Sharks targeted Milne, you would expect Bellemy and Cleary to do the same. I would if it was me.
Yes, of course he'll be targeted. Especially against the Storm. It would be Bellamy's number one attacking option against us you'd imagine.

2 props, an edge and a utility. Was like clockwork under Bennett. Set your watch by it.
Ideally that utility has a bit of history playing 9. Used smartly we can squeeze out 1 hooker rotation and that leaves the utility to be there as injury cover. Cook or Mamo at 9 playing 60 minutes is the sweet spot. FWIW that 9 should be Cook.

Back