• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 8: Rabbitohs v Storm

I love it how people on here are consistently saying this team is unfit. Did anyone attend every training session during pre-season ? Has anyone attended every training session or weights session since then ? So you see a few guys blowing during a game and you come to the conclusion the whole team is unfit. How many of you have actually trained with a first grade squad to come up with these wild accusations ? For comedy value the comments on here are worthy of The Mark Twain Prize. Keep em coming 🤣
They're obviously all fitter than 99% of the general population.

There's different types of fitness though. Put an elite rock climber, power lifter and marathon runner in a room together, and whilst they'll all be supremely fit, none of them will have the right type of fitness to do what the other two could do.

So the question from the observer is, are we doing the right type of training? And are we training under fatigue enough?

I don't know the answers to this question, but the proof is in the pudding - the players fatigue quickly in games, and concede a tonne of points when tired.

So the question from the observer is, are we doing the right type of training? And are we training under fatigue enough?

I don't know the answers to this question, but the proof is in the pudding - the players fatigue quickly in games, and concede a tonne of points when tired.
Or are they actually fatiguing? Or just front loading their energy?

Now that’s something to ponder!

I personally think we're jumping at conclusions because we're getting beat. Now had we won a few more games I seriously doubt the subject of fitness would be brought up. So what about Parra, Newcastle ,Titans and numerous other teams that aren't setting the world on fire right now? Are they all unfit as well ? That would be a nice slice of all the people currently employed as trainers looking for new jobs if so. Unless we are present at all our training runs and are experts in these fields of employment , we have zero credibility in our opinions.

1. Jye Gray
  2. Jacob Gagai
  3. Jack Wighton
  4. Isaiah Tass
  5. Taane Milne
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Dean Hawkins
  8. Shaquai Mitchell
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Thomas Burgess
  11. Keaon Koloamatangi
  12. Jacob Host
  13. Cameron Murray (c)
Interchange:

1. Peter Mamouzelos
  2. Siliva Havili
  3. Davvy Moale
  4. Jai Arrow
  5. Michael Chee Kam
  6. Izaac Tu’itupou Thompson
  7. Tallis Duncan
  8. Sean Keppie
  9. Dion Teaupa

I personally think we're jumping at conclusions because we're getting beat. Now had we won a few more games I seriously doubt the subject of fitness would be brought up. So what about Parra, Newcastle ,Titans and numerous other teams that aren't setting the world on fire right now? Are they all unfit as well ? That would be a nice slice of all the people currently employed as trainers looking for new jobs if so. Unless we are present at all our training runs and are experts in these fields of employment , we have zero credibility in our opinions.

Parra got caught out in darwin, they couldn't handle the conditions.

Knights are similar to us but can defend better.

Titans lacked attack to begin with but with some players coming back, last few rounds they have improved and put in a fight.

1. Jye Gray
  2. Jacob Gagai
  3. Jack Wighton
  4. Isaiah Tass
  5. Taane Milne
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Dean Hawkins
  8. Shaquai Mitchell
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Thomas Burgess
  11. Keaon Koloamatangi
  12. Jacob Host
  13. Cameron Murray (c)
Interchange:

1. Peter Mamouzelos
  2. Siliva Havili
  3. Davvy Moale
  4. Jai Arrow
  5. Michael Chee Kam
  7. Tallis Duncan
  8. Sean Keppie
  9. Dion Teaupa
I see no reason to play Mamo on the bench. Cook will see out 80 mins. Chee Kam or Duncan should be taking that bench spot. If Duncan is playing anymore Reggies games this year he should be getting stints at hooker as well. Probably won't make much difference anyway if the Storm get 4 or 5 tries bombing Milne.

1. Jye Gray
  2. Jacob Gagai
  3. Jack Wighton
  4. Isaiah Tass
  5. Taane Milne
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Dean Hawkins
  8. Shaquai Mitchell
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Thomas Burgess
  11. Keaon Koloamatangi
  12. Jacob Host
  13. Cameron Murray (c)
Interchange:

1. Peter Mamouzelos
  2. Siliva Havili
  3. Davvy Moale
  4. Jai Arrow
  5. Michael Chee Kam
  7. Tallis Duncan
  8. Sean Keppie
  9. Dion Teaupa

Lol cook back to starting 😂😂

Duncan not in the side.

Milne on the wing still.

I won't miss JD when he's finally punted, his stupidity pissing me off now.

I just don't understand some of these selections. He makes changes without need.Pete did nothing to get dropped. Same as chee. He rewards players who don't deserve it.

Dropping a player for one week and then re-instating them is usually done as a punishment/wake up call for poor effort or attitude.

But that's not Damien. I don't think anyone could question that about him.

If you're dropping for form, then surely you need to give the replacement more than one injury-riddled match to show their wares?

And if you're going two hookers, surely the more traditional hooker starts, and the explosive running one comes off the bench?

We're also back to 4 middles on the bench, meaning Keaon and Host will have to play 80, again. And we're screwed if another back goes down.

When I can see love handles sticking out under there jumpers,getting paid $15000 a week and every thing laid on for them to be in elite shape it pisses me off.

It will give us more of fighting chance if a winger can catch a bomb or a grubber isn't put behind him for him to be to slow to turn around and get back to the ball before the attackers do.

If Sharks targeted Milne, you would expect Bellemy and Cleary to do the same. I would if it was me.
We couldnt beat the Storm in Melbourne when we were firing and playing well.

We have little hope when we are in our current slump.

It might sound defeatist but its just sadly the reality at the moment.

Dropping a player for one week and then re-instating them is usually done as a punishment/wake up call for poor effort or attitude.

But that's not Damien. I don't think anyone could question that about him.

If you're dropping for form, then surely you need to give the replacement more than one injury-riddled match to show their wares?

And if you're going two hookers, surely the more traditional hooker starts, and the explosive running one comes off the bench?

We're also back to 4 middles on the bench, meaning Keaon and Host will have to play 80, again. And we're screwed if another back goes down.

It's killing me.

He got Duncan in reserve grade trying to develop him to play lock forward.

What for when Cam Murray has the jumper for years to come.

If Duncan does get picked again, he will just get 20 mins and be replacement for Murray which is such a waste.

It's not good for Duncans development.

JD's just picking his side like lottery numbers at this point.

There's no consistent approach with his winger depth, hooker selection and if we play a bench hooker, then the prop combinations are changing every damn week hoping that something might change. No wonder the players don't play for him

Back