• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 5: Rabbitohs v Warriors

Well, it’s 6:39am as I type this and the rain has stopped.

It rained pretty heavily most of the night, but stopped now. Not sure for how long mind.

It could be dry out there today.

A very big, good morning to all my fellow South Sydney members and fans. Rise and shine everyone!! Get up, get moving, get you colours on and get hyped because it's game day babyyyyy!!! We're on today and will grace the Accor Stadium turf this afternoon in what is a massive, massive clash against the NZ Warriors. I'm really feeling it today and feeling everything. Nerves, excitement, I'm incredibly hyped. Dunno if you guys feel it as much as me but whenever we play the Warriors, it's always personal. I'm a Kiwi, but I'm as South Sydney as they come so going up against the team from my country is always interesting. Most of my mates are Warriors fans so there's a lot riding on this one. Absolutely pumped!!

It's a massive game for our team today as we chase a second win in a row for the first time this Season at home. It'd be huge if we could somehow do it, start stringing some wins together and really start to build our Season. That's what today is all about, the opportunity to start to build and show that last week wasn't just a flash in the pan, show that it was a move in the right direction. We need to build on all the good things we did last week and fix up the things we weren't so good at. It's going to be wet today, so the biggest thing will be ball control. We did really well in that area last week, and it made a big difference. That was in a dry game, so the focus on completions has to be even heavier in a wet/damp game.

It's not going to be easy against a Warriors side that I believe, are a genuine Premiership contender this year. They're a quality side full of skill, speed and power, and they seem to have finally developed that steel that all the good teams have. It's a scary prospect. We have to play out of our skins today if we want the result. It'll have to be a performance for the ages, they're that good of a side now. They'll see this as a massive opportunity, getting us while we're a bit down. On the up I hope, but certainly still a bit down.

However, you know what, both teams went into the Round 18 game last year with similar form lines and look what happened. We can do it. I really believe we can lift and do it. Warriors fans are nervous. My best mate, who's a Wahs fanatic, said last night that he's really nervous for today because we seem to be a bit of a bogey side for them, and he knows what our team is capable of. I hope we show what we are capable of this afternoon.

Jeez I feel hyped, but also really nervous. We're up against it, and it doesn't look likely, but there's just that little bit of me that has a massive amount of belief for today. I hope the boys have that same belief.

We are South Sydney!! We can do this!!

Let's goooooooooo!!!

I'll be there trying everything I can to get the boys home, regardless of the conditions. This is the last game of my Aus trip so a win would just be so special! Come on lads!!

A very big, good morning to all my fellow South Sydney members and fans. Rise and shine everyone!! Get up, get moving, get you colours on and get hyped because it's game day babyyyyy!!! We're on today and will grace the Accor Stadium turf this afternoon in what is a massive, massive clash against the NZ Warriors. I'm really feeling it today and feeling everything. Nerves, excitement, I'm incredibly hyped. Dunno if you guys feel it as much as me but whenever we play the Warriors, it's always personal. I'm a Kiwi, but I'm as South Sydney as they come so going up against the team from my country is always interesting. Most of my mates are Warriors fans so there's a lot riding on this one. Absolutely pumped!!

It's a massive game for our team today as we chase a second win in a row for the first time this Season at home. It'd be huge if we could somehow do it, start stringing some wins together and really start to build our Season. That's what today is all about, the opportunity to start to build and show that last week wasn't just a flash in the pan, show that it was a move in the right direction. We need to build on all the good things we did last week and fix up the things we weren't so good at. It's going to be wet today, so the biggest thing will be ball control. We did really well in that area last week, and it made a big difference. That was in a dry game, so the focus on completions has to be even heavier in a wet/damp game.

It's not going to be easy against a Warriors side that I believe, are a genuine Premiership contender this year. They're a quality side full of skill, speed and power, and they seem to have finally developed that steel that all the good teams have. It's a scary prospect. We have to play out of our skins today if we want the result. It'll have to be a performance for the ages, they're that good of a side now. They'll see this as a massive opportunity, getting us while we're a bit down. On the up I hope, but certainly still a bit down.

However, you know what, both teams went into the Round 18 game last year with similar form lines and look what happened. We can do it. I really believe we can lift and do it. Warriors fans are nervous. My best mate, who's a Wahs fanatic, said last night that he's really nervous for today because we seem to be a bit of a bogey side for them, and he knows what our team is capable of. I hope we show what we are capable of this afternoon.

Jeez I feel hyped, but also really nervous. We're up against it, and it doesn't look likely, but there's just that little bit of me that has a massive amount of belief for today. I hope the boys have that same belief.

We are South Sydney!! We can do this!!

Let's goooooooooo!!!
The sun is shining after bucketing all night down here at Concord a stone's throw from Homebush. Any rain should be light if it somehow comes in off the coast but I think the most moisture people will encounter will be the wet seats and the drips from the roof! Maybe it is a new dawn or a false dawn but we need to play well against the Warriors...I don't want any flashbacks to the day of infamy of 66-0. Going with no expectations as the Wahs are a dangerous side when on their game...but so are we. Guess we'll find out later this afternoon. Glory, glory

Warriors score first set, marched up field, player took advatange of a offside player and made a little break and then puts a kick through for warriors to dive on it

6 - 0

Warriors bench obviously know Gray is a threat.

Whenever he comes to the middle or looks to get involved in the play, they scream out his name letting them know

Davy busts through for a try, was to hard to stop close to the line

Seeing as we seem to be using the game thread for the Reserves game I’ll start posting here.

Moale has had a very strong start.

His body position seems lower as well, and driving with his legs, which was lacking last week I thought (far too upright).

Latest posts

Back