• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 5: Rabbitohs v Warriors

Seeing as we seem to be using the game thread for the Reserves game I’ll start posting here.

Moale has had a very strong start.

His body position seems lower as well, and driving with his legs, which was lacking last week I thought (far too upright).
Whatever his ceiling is in first grade, it’s clear Moale is way too good for NSW cup

Great pass by Lachie and puts Kennar over untouched.

10-6 ktc

Whatever his ceiling is in first grade, it’s clear Moale is way too good for NSW cup
I’ve noticed that every time he plays NRL, he seems to stand taller and doesn’t get the leg drive he gets in NSW Cup.

Not sure why he changes his body position, but it affects his leg drive.

I’m sure the coaches have observed the same thing and got him to work on it.

Because he’s a damaging runner with the right body height and leg drive.

They say probably reach peach at 24/25. He has many years to develop. He will be in our first grade team before long.

Lachy having a day out. Except he missed the last kick.

Playing with a lot of freedom which suggests to me he isn’t up in his head.

I like the look of Brock Gray. And the No. 11 (can’t think of his name) runs some very good lines on that right edge.

Gray’s been well marked.

The rotation through the pack was a WB tactic he employed. Game time & minutes in the legs building a base throughout the season so everybody is ready to roll when it matters.
Seems logical to me that JD would continue that philosophy. Ive got zero problem with it

As to this weeks bench, I’d suggest a smaller more mobile pack will move those warriors around in what will be horrible wet condition.
Makes sense doesn’t it?
The main difference is WB got us to “when it mattered”. JD, despite last year talking about how it was September that mattered, didn’t get us there so it didn’t matter. It matters now.

Lachy having a day out. Except he missed the last kick.

Playing with a lot of freedom which suggests to me he isn’t up in his head.

I like the look of Brock Gray. And the No. 11 (can’t think of his name) runs some very good lines on that right edge.

Gray’s been well marked.
Well.its up to JD now get him to transfer that up.

If JD is rotating the fringe middles to ensure they all get game time and minutes in them over the opening part of the season, why not just say that?

Rather than, “Davvy’s off this week, he’ll rest and Pete will come into the 17.”

… and then line him up to start and play 40 in NSW Cup.

It’s a weird approach.

If JD is rotating the fringe middles to ensure they all get game time and minutes in them over the opening part of the season, why not just say that?

Rather than, “Davvy’s off this week, he’ll rest and Pete will come into the 17.”

… and then line him up to start and play 40 in NSW Cup.

It’s a weird approach.
Because….

Attachments

• IMG_9803.jpeg
    IMG_9803.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 7
On a serious note about Moale.

Everytime I watch him outside of NRL (lower grade, or internationals) - he looks every bit a Tatola replacement. Workhorse. High involvement. Lots of runs, lots of tackles. Very dangerous from 10m out (lower centre of gravity).
*cough*

At least Joe O knows how to use him

Latest posts

Back