• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 5: Rabbitohs v Warriors

On a serious note about Moale.

Everytime I watch him outside of NRL (lower grade, or internationals) - he looks every bit a Tatola replacement. Workhorse. High involvement. Lots of runs, lots of tackles. Very dangerous from 10m out (lower centre of gravity).

He should be on the bench and rotating with Tatola.

If Burgess is starting then another impact forward should be rotating with him. Arrow ideally. Otherwise Shaq.

Having him spend his little time in the middle with Tallis Duncan or Sean Keppie as the other prop does him no justice.
Agree.

Shaq is a pretty good comp for Burgess too. They’re a little slower, more of an upright carry, but they work hard in contact and are big bodies.

Last week I actually thought the Tatola/Burgess and Moale/Shaq rotation was fairly apt. Like for like substitutions. With Duncan a little spark.

I would assume part of Moale getting a rest is JD’s perception that Keppie is probably more capable of minutes and going into the game with Mamouzelos he doesn’t want to get caught out. But that ignores the fact that Moale has minutes in him.

… there must be a decent contigent of the squad particularly the fringe guys who must be utterly confused as to how they get in or stay in the team.

That’s just projection with zero evidence. In fact, when you see the boys over numerous times, it’s clear it is not an issue

The rotation through the pack was a WB tactic he employed. Game time & minutes in the legs building a base throughout the season so everybody is ready to roll when it matters.
Seems logical to me that JD would continue that philosophy. Ive got zero problem with it

As to this weeks bench, I’d suggest a smaller more mobile pack will move those warriors around in what will be horrible wet condition.
Makes sense doesn’t it?

Having a plan to move their big pack around in the wet is all well and good but you need a bit of speed and genuine threats off the bench to do that. Pete is good, but I don't see him as a genuine threat at first grade level yet. Tallis is the only one on the bench who might really trouble them. That game plan also means our completion rate and execution has to be top notch.

Big blows for the Warriors.

Pete is a different style of No9 as is Hawko at no.7

It's Mamouzelous' turn on the musical chairs this week!
Does that mean if we lose it justifies JD not selecting him? Coz it’ll be all his fault of course.

Well here we are just about Game Day once again. As we head into round 5 it’s great to have another home game at Accor and Saturday arvo footy is great. Our members and fans have been asking for more day games yet when we get them which is rarely the issue is they still don’t turn up. Now I know the weather isn’t gonna be good on Saturday but when has a little bit of rain hurt anyone! There is plenty of places to get undercover at Accor. Now I know we probs will only get about 10-11k but I would love to see a crowd upwards of 15k out there the boys need our support. And let’s show we really like our afternoon footy! I know the Warriors have a number of fans in Sydney too and they’ll turn up it would be embarrassing if there was a 50/50 split of members and fans there. We last played the Warriors in about round 18-19 I think it was in NZ last year in a very wet game and won 28-6. We could see similar conditions this time around. The Warriors fans are very loud too and we are meant to be the oldest loudest and proudest I can say happily we are the oldest and proudest but certainly not the loudest. Last week apart from the Burrow you could hear a pin drop on the players side tunnel that noise from our members just no longer there no South Sydney chant nothing no passion. When the Bulldogs chant went up around Accor you could hear it on both sides of the ground. So cmon Souths members let’s bring that noise back our home games let’s be the boys 18th man let show our passion. Lets get back to being the loudest if everyone contributes we can do that!

Looking at the Warriors we have had the wood on them 14 of the last 15 times I think we have beat them let’s hope that keeps up. The Warriors as we know have Webster as coach who I really rate and he took them to the top 4 last year. They’re such a strong side all over the park with good depth. They’re coming into this with a 2 and 2 record so they’ll be hungry to go 3 and 2. They played the Knights last week and whilst their attack was a bit off their defence was very good. They really work hard for one another as well. Whilst Metcalf and Capewell are out they have enough depth to cover that. They get a big boost in CNK coming back from injury too. They have RTS and DWZ to cause havoc out wide. SJ and TMM form a strong halves combo. SJ kicking game has been on song and he’s playing really well at the back end of his career creating lots in attack as well. Then up front they have big AFB and Tohu plus Niukore, Ford, Barnett etc… then they have a strong bench who come on and do their thing too. They have threats all over the park.

Looking at us we are coming in with a 1 and 3 record. We had a gritty win last weekend against the Dogs. But the pressure is still on. Last week means nothing if we can’t back it up this week. Looking at our team losing AJ is a big blow with Thompson coming in. We lose Shaq with HIA as well with Keppie coming back in. We are without Campbell, Munro, AJ, Arrow, Havili and Shaq so our depth is certainly being tested. But we have a good enough side out there to get the job done. I am a bit worried the Warriors will catch us for pace on the edges but I think the heavy rain they predict would help us to negate that speed. For us though it all starts with completion rate again we need to complete highly to have a chance and in the middle our pack has to lift. Our pack was a bit better last week but we need to go up a notch this week. Tom and Tats have to start strong and we will need big games from Keaon, Hosty and Cam again. Then we will need Moale, Duncan and Keppie to bring it off the bench. Do that and we give Cody, Trell and Wighton the chance to put some plays on for us. In this weather the kicking game will be important so we need Hawko to stand up in that regard. We need more from Cody too he’s been well down on form and he must lift this week. Defensively we are gonna have to be on right across the park too otherwise the Warriors will hurt us. Limiting offloads will also be important as will our discipline which needs to be much better than last week. Another area we need to improve on is our kick chase and line speed cmon Souths show some bloody enthusiasm in those effort areas.

Not long until the players come onto Accor Stadium here on this wet Saturday afternoon. But still great to see so much red and green in those stands let’s make sure we can hear that this arvo lets get that South Sydney going for the full 80mins this arvo at Accor Stadium. Let’s make sure everyone at home watching or wherever watching knows this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game! Lets do everything we can to get our boys home this afternoon and get those vital 2 competition points.

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors from across the ditch making their way down the tunnel………… Rabbitohs Members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the New Zealand Warriors……….

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1………….

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEEEETTTTTTTTT…… SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YA FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT!!! HERE THEY COME YOUR South Sydney RRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS

BBBOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK LIAM THEY ARE OFFSIDE THEY ARE ONLY BACK 7 METRES BBBOOOOOOOO

CMON LIAM FLOP SECOND EFFORT WHERE IS OUR PENALTY BBBOOOOO LEG PULL BBBOOOOOOO

CMON THEY ARE LAYING ALL OVER US WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN CMON MATE REF FOR BOTH SIDES MARKER NOT SQUARE BBOOOOOOOO

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE BBBOOOOOOOO

FORWARD THAT IS FORWARD CMON TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK BBBOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let’s make sure we do all we can to get the boys that extra penalty or six again!

South Sydney CLAP CLAP CLAP

EVERYONE NOW

GO South Sydney GO South Sydney WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP RRRAAABBBIITTTSSS

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP RRAAABBIITTTSSSSS

P.S All the best to my kiwi mate and international member Callum @Callmack1 (enjoy this preview) at his third and final game on his trip out for the first time too Australia. It was a blast in the Burrow with you last week mate. Enjoy sitting with your Warriors mate who now lives in Sydney at this game. Look forward to our catch up after the game hopefully we are all belting out Glory Glory. Let’s send you off early next week with another win brother!!!

I predict we will keep our win record up against the Warriors and make it 15 of the last 16 wins…

Buckle up folks Souths to prevail with another gritty heart stopping nail biting win Souths by 2 points!

And then we come out and win and it's Wow, JD is a genius time on here ....😆 Gotta love the storm before the calm that is The Pride 🤣

Latest posts

Back