• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 5: Rabbitohs v Warriors

Captain's run done and dusted. My last one of this Aus trip so it was cool.

Again, a really light session but they looked a lot sharper than yesterday. Lots of energy and chat again. Just went through a couple of plays but it was nothing special or anything to note.

Afterwards was cool though! Most of the boys came over and said hi which was awesome!

I can confirm that Pete is playing. Was out there again today and I spoke to Cooky about it too. Cook to start, Pete off the bench.

The bench will be Pete, Cheeks, Tallis and Kepp. A bit light on which worries me.

Rest of the side seems as named.

Boys are ready to go.
It’s so wet bro our bench is too light on.

Stoked the boys came over and said hello for ya

Anyone who saw last weeks reserve grade game, how did Keppie go? I’m confused as to how you go from being dropped completely, to now replacing Moale who I thought was pretty good again last week

Anyone who saw last weeks reserve grade game, how did Keppie go? I’m confused as to how you go from being dropped completely, to now replacing Moale who I thought was pretty good again last week
He looked like himself. Average. People over-rep his impact and under-rep his liability factor. Not seeing him being a good signing considering I can’t imagine he was a cut price deal (he’s here for 3 years!!!).

JD’s selection shuffles are one area he gets shown up. I don’t think he knows what he really wants and I don’t think the players effected have much idea either.

The Keppie, Mitchell, Havili, Moale, Host shuffles this year have been clear as mud.

I couldn’t tell you the pecking order amongst that group.

It’s U/8’s ‘everyone gets a game’ stuff.

I find JD’s language around Moale in the presser today confusing too “Davvys off, he’ll rest this week”..

Like cmon… its professional sport!! He knows hes dropped. Everyone knows hes dropped. This isnt some tactical decision thats going to shock the world and secure us a comp. Rest from what??? Playing 15 minutes a week for 4 weeks?? Is he playing Cup this weekend? Will he be back next week? How is the only prop on our bench the same guy who was dropped the week before?

JD has LOST me. I cant keep up with his decision making and thought process… there must be a decent contigent of the squad particularly the fringe guys who must be utterly confused as to how they get in or stay in the team.

He looked like himself. Average. People over-rep his impact and under-rep his liability factor. Not seeing him being a good signing considering I can’t imagine he was a cut price deal (he’s here for 3 years!!!).

JD’s selection shuffles are one area he gets shown up. I don’t think he knows what he really wants and I don’t think the players effected have much idea either.

The Keppie, Mitchell, Havili, Moale, Host shuffles this year have been clear as mud.

So it definitely doesn’t sound like he was banging the door down. I don’t necessarily hate the 2 hooker rotation for this game if that’s what you want to go with, but the Keppie over Davvy selection has me stumped.

I find JD’s language around Moale in the presser today confusing too “Davvys off, he’ll rest this week”..

Like cmon… its professional sport!! He knows hes dropped. Everyone knows hes dropped. This isnt some tactical decision thats going to shock the world and secure us a comp. Rest from what??? Playing 15 minutes a week for 4 weeks?? Is he playing Cup this weekend? Will he be back next week? How is the only prop on our bench the same guy who was dropped the week before?

JD has LOST me. I cant keep up with his decision making and thought process… there must be a decent contigent of the squad particularly the fringe guys who must be utterly confused as to how they get in or stay in the team.

I'm a big Pete M fan. He played really well in reserves the past fortnight.

But him playing 25 mins vs the Warriors in the rain makes no sense whatsoever.

You just know at some point we'll end up with a middle of Keppie, Pete M and Duncan and wonder why they're making 65m per set.

Yep.

At 18, 19 or 20, I get the ‘we’re giving him regular rests’. But he’s 21 now and has 35 games under his belt.

He’s played 4 games this season and he’s averaged 26 minutes.

And now he’s getting an RDO? Please.

It’s lame spin for ‘I’m not getting the same output out of this pack that Wayne did and I’m making calls on the fly trying to catch the wind’.

If Davvy has a private issue, I apologise, but this does ring true for common JD calls.

Yep, he is king shuffler. Much like the recycling of Milne, Thompson, Paulo, Mansour, Kennar for the last 3 years too.

KjAW40.gif

On a serious note about Moale.

Everytime I watch him outside of NRL (lower grade, or internationals) - he looks every bit a Tatola replacement. Workhorse. High involvement. Lots of runs, lots of tackles. Very dangerous from 10m out (lower centre of gravity).

He should be on the bench and rotating with Tatola.

If Burgess is starting then another impact forward should be rotating with him. Arrow ideally. Otherwise Shaq.

Having him spend his little time in the middle with Tallis Duncan or Sean Keppie as the other prop does him no justice.

Latest posts

Back