• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 4: Other Matches

Prowsey

Grand Master
Reaction score
Round 4
Fixture
Venue
TV
Time
Thursday, March 23
Eels vs Panthers​
CommBank Stadium​
Nine/Fox​
7:50pm​
Friday, March 24
Storm vs Tigers​
AAMI Park​
Fox​
6pm​
Dolphins vs Broncos​
Suncorp Stadium​
Nine/Fox​
8:05pm​
Saturday, March 25
Cowboys vs Titans​
Queensland Country Bank Stadium​
Fox​
5:30pm​
Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles​
Stadium Australia​
Fox​
7:35pm​
Sunday, March 26
Warriors vs Bulldogs​
Mt Smart Stadium​
Fox​
2pm​
Knights vs Raiders​
McDonald Jones Stadium​
Nine/Fox​
4:05pm​
Dragons vs Sharks​
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium​
Fox​
Bye:Rorters

Hopefully Parra can get the points against Penrith. That would be a nice way to neutralise Penrith’s win against us.

The match of the round is looking like the Dolphins v Brisbane. Hopefully Wayne can stick it to his old club.

Reactions: VIP
Thursday and Friday nights games on Nine look like they will be great games to watch. I did notice the CEO of the Dolphins talk up the rivalry of the Dolphins and the Broncos saying it will be bigger than our rivalry with the Roosters.

I’m not sure he really understands how big that rivalry is. I do laugh when they talk about rivalries in rugby league and anyone tries to suggest that other rivalries are just as big if not bigger than our rivalry with the Roosters.

Thursday and Friday nights games on Nine look like they will be great games to watch. I did notice the CEO of the Dolphins talk up the rivalry of the Dolphins and the Broncos saying it will be bigger than our rivalry with the Roosters.

I’m not sure he really understands how big that rivalry is. I do laugh when they talk about rivalries in rugby league and anyone tries to suggest that other rivalries are just as big if not bigger than our rivalry with the Roosters.

The article in question...he's kdding himself!

Brisbane derby is ‘bigger than Rabbitohs-Roosters’​

Joel Gould

Dolphins chief executive Terry Reader says the derby intensity with the Brisbane Broncos will surpass that of the 115-year-old South Sydney-Sydney Roosters rivalry.
The Dolphins host the first ‘‘Battle for Brisbane’’ on Friday night at Suncorp Stadium. The clash is on track to being sold out.
‘‘The difference now is the Dolphins aren’t going anywhere,’’ Reader said. ‘‘If you look at the rivalry between the Rabbitohs and the Roosters, I think this is going to be bigger. Brisbane is the home of rugby league. The sport is king in our city.
‘‘The difference with Sydney is that they have nine teams but in Brisbane we only have two. The rivalry is already at fever pitch inside 15 months and that’s because a lot of things have happened between the two clubs to add extra spice to it.’’
Reader refers to the clash as ‘‘The Battle’ and likens it to ‘‘The Showdown’’ between the Adelaide and Port Power in the AFL.
‘‘This is ‘‘Battle One’’ and so it will continue for years to come. In Adelaide they have had more than 50 showdowns,’’ Reader said.
‘‘With the Showdown in South Australia you have the closest link to what we have here in Brisbane with the Battle only in a different code, because you’ve got the Adelaide Crows which were a manufactured expansion side and Port Adelaide which came out of the SANFL to play in the AFL.
‘‘We are the first BRL/QRL side to ascend into the top flight. That is lost on a lot of people. We didn’t just get made up 15 months ago.’’ AAP

Maybe in another 200 years and that will still not be likely!

I have no doubt the rivalry up there will build but it’s somewhat dependent on both clubs being generally competitive. Right now they are and their supporter bases will shift and realign over coming seasons.
One side effect will be a gradual decline in the Storms player drain in Qld as the 4 Qld based clubs will be pushing their own barrows to attract rising talent. That’s got to be a good thing IMO.

“Brisbane is the home of rugby league. The sport is king in our city.
‘‘The difference with Sydney is that they have nine teams but in Brisbane we only have two.”

So, Sydney has 9 teams and Brisbane have 2 and that makes Brisbane the ‘home of rugby league’??

It’s constantly all over the tv and radio up here. It’s being massively pumped up.
Go Dolphins!

“Brisbane is the home of rugby league. The sport is king in our city.
‘‘The difference with Sydney is that they have nine teams but in Brisbane we only have two.”

So, Sydney has 9 teams and Brisbane have 2 and that makes Brisbane the ‘home of rugby league’??
It’s great go with it - yes it’s a bit of hyperbole but good for the game so get on board and pump it up.

It’s great go with it - yes it’s a bit of hyperbole but good for the game so get on board and pump it up.
Why is it great?

Some pissant upstart of a club, that can’t even name itself after the region/suburb it’s from reckons it’s already bigger than a rivalry that goes back to 1908.

****ing insulting to well over 100yrs of tradition.

Come back in 50 years - if you’re still in existence and then we can talk.

Until then **** off and the dolphin you rode in on (stupid name for a football club btw).

Another match of the round for us.

Eels v Panthers should be good despite the Eels slow start and Wayne has got the Dolphins ticking along well enough to make their clash with the Broncos another good 'un.

Let them talk up the Dolphins. They're 3-0 in their inaugural and they want a sell out up there. It's very funny that they're claiming a match-up where the head-to-head is 0-0 is already the number 1 rivalry. That's gold. 😂

Why is it great?

Some pissant upstart of a club, that can’t even name itself after the region/suburb it’s from reckons it’s already bigger than a rivalry that goes back to 1908.

****ing insulting to well over 100yrs of tradition.

Come back in 50 years - if you’re still in existence and then we can talk.

Until then **** off and the dolphin you rode in on (stupid name for a football club btw).
Because that more people that care about the NRL the better for all clubs.
Much happier seeing this that lame idea recruit College NFL rejects in an attempt to capture the USA Market

Latest posts

Back