• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 4: Other Matches

Just on the Dolphins-Broncos rivalry we'll have to see how that plays out. There is massive interest in the first clash and that's understandable considering how well the teams are travelling.

But will it last? Do the Dolphins even have a decent supporter base?

Cheers

Other than Souths winning this is a round where i don't really care. Obviously results like the Tigers beating the Storm would be nice but that's unlikely.

Cheers

Just on the Dolphins-Broncos rivalry we'll have to see how that plays out. There is massive interest in the first clash and that's understandable considering how well the teams are travelling.

But will it last? Do the Dolphins even have a decent supporter base?

Cheers

they’ve got over 20 thousand members signed up and there’s a heap of Brisbanites who hate the Broncos

How does Todd Smith still keep getting games?

How does Todd Smith still keep getting games?
I scratch my head at some of the refs they have and ask myself why were the likes of Badger and Checchin pushed out?

It’s great go with it - yes it’s a bit of hyperbole but good for the game so get on board and pump it up.
I agree.

As a lover of rugby league I love what they are trying to do with the Dolphins and Broncos, I feel excited to be a part of a new history in league and witness it all happening.

The Grand Old Master Mr Bennett, a brand new team, a 3 - 0 start and the Broncos having to accept they no longer own the area.

Love it.

The article in question...he's kdding himself!

Brisbane derby is ‘bigger than Rabbitohs-Roosters’​

Joel Gould

Dolphins chief executive Terry Reader says the derby intensity with the Brisbane Broncos will surpass that of the 115-year-old South Sydney-Sydney Roosters rivalry.
The Dolphins host the first ‘‘Battle for Brisbane’’ on Friday night at Suncorp Stadium. The clash is on track to being sold out.
‘‘The difference now is the Dolphins aren’t going anywhere,’’ Reader said. ‘‘If you look at the rivalry between the Rabbitohs and the Roosters, I think this is going to be bigger. Brisbane is the home of rugby league. The sport is king in our city.
‘‘The difference with Sydney is that they have nine teams but in Brisbane we only have two. The rivalry is already at fever pitch inside 15 months and that’s because a lot of things have happened between the two clubs to add extra spice to it.’’
Reader refers to the clash as ‘‘The Battle’ and likens it to ‘‘The Showdown’’ between the Adelaide and Port Power in the AFL.
‘‘This is ‘‘Battle One’’ and so it will continue for years to come. In Adelaide they have had more than 50 showdowns,’’ Reader said.
‘‘With the Showdown in South Australia you have the closest link to what we have here in Brisbane with the Battle only in a different code, because you’ve got the Adelaide Crows which were a manufactured expansion side and Port Adelaide which came out of the SANFL to play in the AFL.
‘‘We are the first BRL/QRL side to ascend into the top flight. That is lost on a lot of people. We didn’t just get made up 15 months ago.’’ AAP
What a load of crap!!!

I have a feeling Parra will win this game tonight. Wonder how long that will last.

Cleary long kick last set geez I wish we had that when 15 short of halfway!

Back