• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 27: Rabbitohs v Roosters

can anyone explain why after half time the supporters that line up for the players to run through was mainly roosters supporters, this was our home game, I know it was the Ron Coote cup but common this should be a reward for our members not theirs,
did we get the same privilege in their home game

Not sure if mentioned on here but they announced departing players at the ground:

Tom Burgess
Damien Cook
Michael Chee Kam
Dion Teaupa
Izaac Thompson
Dean Hawkins

Not sure if I forgot anyone
Yes and Te Hau. I thought Kennar was going to Super League?

Lol they didn’t get penalised not even once for offside that tells you everything

can anyone explain why after half time the supporters that line up for the players to run through was mainly roosters supporters, this was our home game, I know it was the Ron Coote cup but common this should be a reward for our members not theirs,
did we get the same privilege in their home game
We are a joke of a Club trying to do everything by the book and being inclusive.
We suck up to the NRL ie Vegas, roadshows around the country etc
We need to become a ruthless organisation but that isn't going to happen under this current administration.

Nice of the ground announcer to thank the Sydney Roosters members for their support this season at half time. Was really well received in aisle 130. Way to go Souths. We can’t even get that right as an organisation.

Nice of the ground announcer to thank the Sydney Roosters members for their support this season at half time. Was really well received in aisle 130. Way to go Souths. We can’t even get that right as an organisation.
what happened exactly?

what happened exactly?
When the players were about to come on for the second half, the ground announcer said words to the effect that “we’d like to thank the Sydney Roosters members for their support this season.”

Not sure if mentioned on here but they announced departing players at the ground:

Tom Burgess
Damien Cook
Michael Chee Kam
Dion Teaupa
Izaac Thompson
Dean Hawkins

Not sure if I forgot anyone
Gee you would hope theres a few more to add to that list.

Host and Kennar would be 2 we should be letting go as well.

Gee you would hope theres a few more to add to that list.

Host and Kennar would be 2 we should be letting go as well.
I thought that Kennar was going to ESL for 2025. Only a rumour I read somewhere and I haven't read anything about him resigning with us.

I was really impressed with Munro's game yesterday. Improves each week but still has a bit to go. He is good in the air and definately has the speed we haven't seen since the Jet. Manu would have chased down most our other wingers but couldn't keep up with Munro, who appeared to be jogging. There is one side of the 2025 attack. Hopefully Mellars is fit and has a good offseason. He is a little bigger and taller than Munro so could be good on the other wing until AJ returns.

Roosters have 10 players out?

South Sydney Rabbitohs
  1. Jack Wighton (calf, 2025)
  2. Cameron Murray (suspended, 2025)
  3. Shaquai Mitchell (calf, 2025)
  4. Latrell Mitchell (foot, 2025)
  5. Lachlan Ilias (leg, 2025)
  6. Campbell Graham (sternum, 2025)
  7. Alex Johnston (Achilles, 2025)
  8. Jai Arrow (shoulder, 2025)
  9. Isaiah Tass (ankle, 2025)
  10. Junior Tatola (foot, 2025)

Sydney Roosters
  1. Joseph-Aukuso Sua'ali'i (neck, Round 27)
  2. Nat Butcher (head knock, Finals Week 1)
  3. Victor Radley (shoulder, TBC)
  4. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (suspended, finals)
  5. Sam Walker (knee, 2025)
  6. Brandon Smith (knee, 2025)
  7. Egan Butcher (knee, 2025)
Add to that Wighton, Arrow, Lovett and Fletcher for us being injured.

Sua'ali'i played for them last night.

Back