• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 23: Other Matches

No wonder the tigers players feel defeated and are terrible. They are coming last and they loan one of their better players to a top four team.
It tells all the players that the club given up for the year. Why wouldn't the players have the same attitude.

That Tigers conference was sad.

Kimmorley basically saying the club is defeated - players loaned, players injured and players checked out.

James Tamou just devastated- apologised to everyone and after the conference will front the ref. It was sad when he spoke about what his actions have done and his 4 kids and his team mates. Then when someone asked about playing on next year he wants to but may not - then he will go out and look for a job.

Probably the saddest conference all season.
What did Tamou actually do? Sorry, couldn’t watch the matches tonight.

Holy crap storm 60 points was insane then roosters hold my beer 72 points. They leap frogged us on the ladder with points differential. This is not good for us.

What did Tamou actually do? Sorry, couldn’t watch the matches tonight.
Over the last 5 or so mins Tamou was penalised for talking back to the ref.

A few minutes to go Tamou again swore at the ref as it seems Angus knocked on from dummy half and the ref said play on.

When the next tackle was made by Tamou he got up and was saying to ref “f#%^ing incompetent” or something similiar.

Initially Tamou was sin binned for saying it was a knock on and then when sin binned it carried over to calling the ref incompetent or other words and then the ref sent him off. There was 1 to 2 minutes left in the game.

It would be a shit way to finish a 300+ game career. Let’s see what the judiciary have to say.

Reactions: VIP
Ricky must be delighted. A win today means three wins for the Raiders - Manly and Wests have just forfeited their seasons. Then he needs Souths or the Broncos to lose their last two.

I expect Newcastle to offer some decent resistance. The have Klemmer back - that could go two ways with him either ready to really rip in or sulking. With the absence of Bradman Best they have a centre making his debut but their pack is reasonable and can fire on its day.

This is the last chance for a Canberra loss this season.

Cheers

Watching the games over the weekend we saw some teams playing brilliantly and running up cricket scores. But they played feeble opposition. I wasn't scared by any of the performances.

But it's now up to us. We have to win a game to make the finals. I expect we will.

Cheers

A bit of a funny situation over the last 2 weeks and the ladder had the season finished last week or finished this week.

The match ups of the bottom 4 teams in the 8 would be playing each other in the finals would have been the same. Only both home teams would have been reversed.

They had that big win over Wests a few weeks ago

Cheers
I wouldn’t call it a big win. Almost were run down at the end. We have seen where the Tigers are at now. They have had some trouble there as well this week. Players being dropped on top of the Ponga saga.

After watching snippets of the Roosters vs Tigers, all I can say is that last nights training run will count for zero when they get hit by the Storm in Melbourne. It’ll be a rude awakening looking for the easy metres that they will need to post points.
They will get smashed and turn into headless chooks trying to get out of their 20.

All I can say is some of next weeks games are huge.

Souths, Broncos and Roosters need to win one more game to be safe in the 8. One of these three teams will miss the 8. The Raiders are absolute morals to win their last 3 games.

We play Cowboys then Roosters
Broncos play Eels then Dragons
Roosters play Storm then us.

Broncos are the most likely to win at least one of those two games. Easier opposition.

All I can say is some of next weeks games are huge.

Souths, Broncos and Roosters need to win one more game to be safe in the 8. One of these three teams will miss the 8. The Raiders are absolute morals to win their last 3 games.

We play Cowboys then Roosters
Broncos play Eels then Dragons
Roosters play Storm then us.

Broncos are the most likely to win at least one of those two games. Easier opposition.
We play Cowboys at home then Roosters at home... : O)
Broncos at home play Eels then Dragons away
Roosters away play Storm then us.

Latest posts

Back