• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Round 23: Other Matches

bigbopper

Immortal Member
Reaction score
The full draw for round 23 is:

Rabbits vs Panthers Thursday 7.50pm

Cowboys vs Warriors Friday 6.00pm

Broncos vs Storm Friday 7.55pm

Eels vs Bulldogs Saturday 3.00pm

Eagles vs Sharks Saturday 5.30pm

Roosters vs Tigers Saturday 7.35pm

Dragons vs Titans Sunday 2.00pm

Knights vs Raiders Sunday 4.05pm

Please put all team news, scores and discussion here.

Cheers

Most important for us is we keep winning. Do that and we are at least 5th.

The Broncos and Storm game is one that could keep that top 4 spot open for us. Broncos win and we are all of a sudden equal with the Storm. Storm do have a great record up there though.

Broncos lose and we win it will be effectively a 4 point gap on them with our points differential.

The Cowboys are an interesting one. That game against the Tigers where they should have lost could come back to hurt us. Being 2 points ahead of us when we play each other would have been ideal right now. Instead they are 4 points ahead of us. They also have a better points differential (74) than us.

We would need them to lose all 3 and we win all 3. Maybe there is a chance with them losing 2 out of 3 with playing us and the Panthers. We would have to put a score on them though. Can’t see that happening now. Think they put a score on the Warriors. Although would like to see the Warriors we saw on Friday night than the one we saw when we played them.

Eels and Dogs is another to keep an eye on. Dogs were terrible last week, but have been very competitive other weeks. Eels tend not to have 2 poor games in a row though.

Manly showed last week they no longer have pride in the jersey (see what I did there?). The Tigers had something for 2 weeks straight but as soon as they lost Hastings went back to being the team we have seen for most of this year. Those 2 games won’t go the way we want it to.

If we win then that takes out the Raiders being able to catch us. So if we win them winning will add some interest in the race for the top 8. On the other hand if they lose we will be hoping they lose to ensure our spot in the 8.

I think catching the Storm is the only realistic chance. The Cowboys might be faltering but are too far ahead, while the Sharks are just playing well with an easy draw.

Let's win on Thursday night and enjoy the rest of the games without any pressure :)

Cheers

The Cowboys might be faltering but are too far ahead
That’s why I mentioned the Tigers game. That could hurt us more than it did the Tigers. Although the Tigers could have avoided the spoon.

Can't see the Warriors, Eagles or Tigers doing us any favours this weekend. But stranger things have happened.

Us v the Panthers and Broncos v the Storm are the stand-out fixtures that could go either way.

Can't see the Warriors, Eagles or Tigers doing us any favours this weekend. But stranger things have happened.

Us v the Panthers and Broncos v the Storm are the stand-out fixtures that could go either way.
We need the fear of the spoon to inspire the Tigers.

Tomorrow night will determine what I am hoping for the rest of the week.

Depending on what happens with the Panthers game will determine what I want to happen in the Broncos Storm game.

That is probably the biggest game for us this week. We win and the Storm lose then the top 4 door is widely open.

Can I just say that I ****ing hate Thursday night games!

I especially hate them when we're playing in them.

The whole weekend will either be rooned or it's an interminable wait for next week (9 days in this case I think).

****ing ridiculous idea.

Who would put a GF rematch in the graveyard shift?

I love the fact that Thursday gives us an extra night of footy during the wee. I would hate to go back to 3 days of footy

For me the biggest thing I don’t like about playing Thursday night is having to go to work the next day.

If we win I’m on a buzz and after I get back home from the game I want to watch all the interviews and all that. Then catch up on reading all the articles on social media and what not. Not to mention coming on hear.

By the time I finally wind down it’s well after midnight.

Then the other side we lose. I’m kicking stones. If it’s a close game I go over different what if scenarios. Get up for work the next morning still feeling the loss.

For me the biggest thing I don’t like about playing Thursday night is having to go to work the next day.

If we win I’m on a buzz and after I get back home from the game I want to watch all the interviews and all that. Then catch up on reading all the articles on social media and what not. Not to mention coming on hear.

Then the other side we lose. I’m kicking stones. If it’s a close game I go over different what if scenarios. Get up for work the next morning still feeling the loss.
We suffer from the same affliction Kempy :D

It's now a routine.

I remember being asked on my interview on Rabbitohs TV do I sleep less after a win or loss. It is definitely after a win.

I actually remember speaking to Jason Clark years ago. He was saying to me that he could never sleep after a game. He would be awake all night.

I remember being asked on my interview on Rabbitohs TV do I sleep less after a win or loss. It is definitely after a win.

I actually remember speaking to Jason Clark years ago. He was saying to me that he could never sleep after a game. He would be awake all night.
Yeah - it used to be a couple of Stillnox after the game

I can imagine the amount of adrenaline pumping through the player's during and after a match would be sky high.

Doesn't surprise me that Clarkey couldn't get to sleep.

I'm retired so I don't have the same problem about Thursday night. But the next morning I can't help feeling it's Saturday - I guess there is some thing unnatural about Thursday night football :)

Cheers

Back