• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

On the game, I really can’t see how we can win this.

We still have a reserve grade centre pairing that Moses is going to torment all night.

Their forward pack is strong, whereas we have at least a couple playing busted.

I’m expecting Parra to put 30 on us. No way we can win.
hmm reverse jinx in play it seems :)

Moses' short side raids on lazy centres is what to watch for.

I just want to see some towering Trell bombs where we smash Gutho.... because it amuses me.
Our centres might not be NRL quality for that position but I wouldn't call them lazy, not post JD anyway. You are right, Moses will probably try to exploit our edges but I think parra have a bigger problem with Latrell. He's going to attract a lot of attention when he joins the backline shifts and that's good for whoever plays outside him.

Also totally agree with the bombs.

Is "11" left or right edge?

I'm an old forward and numbers easily confuse me.
Im not sure there is any actual concrete approach these days? Feels like different coaches do different things, assuming they follow an approach at all with the centre/backrow numbering thing. Happy to be proven wrong but I haven’t noticed an adhered to system here.

Im not sure there is any actual concrete approach these days? Feels like different coaches do different things, assuming they follow an approach at all with the centre/backrow numbering thing. Happy to be proven wrong but I haven’t noticed an adhered to system here.
And forget about that dogs breakfast that is called a scrum nowadays. First 9 players that turn up are in.

Hornby saying playing Murray on the edge is less disruption to the team given that Murray will be out again next week for NSW. Smart.
That makes sense but I won't be surprised to see him in the middle at some stage during the game.

It amuses me that one of the best players in Australia and a regular Mr Niceguy is referred to as "a disruption" by the coach. Could be just my warped sense of humour.

Back