• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

The South Sydney Rabbitohs’ squad for the round 18 clash with the Eels is:
1- Latrell Mitchell
2- Alex Johnston
3- Taane Milne
4- Richie Kennar
5- Jacob Gagai
6- Jack Wighton
7- Cody Walker
8- Davvy Moale
9- Damien Cook
10- Sean Keppie
11- Cameron Murray (c)
12- Jai Arrow
13- Keaon Koloamatangi
Interchange:
14- Peter Mamouzelos
15- Tallis Duncan
16- Thomas Burgess
17- Michael Chee Kam
18- Jye Gray
19- Liam Le Blanc
20- Fletcher Myers
21- Adam Christensen
22- Thomas Fletcher
Coach – Ben Hornby

I'm surprised Jye Gray is not in the 17 and isn't Keon supposed to be playing 2nd row this week?.

Do they code the team in Basic or something where minimal moves from last weeks team saves ram (regarding slotting Murray onto an edge when it’s reported he’ll play middle)?

We have a top 30 player as 18th man. It’s been a while.

On Gray, assuming he drops out, I have zero issue with that. Despite the hopes and dreams of posters on here, the club seem to see him as a 1, and he has plenty of development to go in that position (beyond just his running game). Which he’ll get the chance to develop in Cup.

Meanwhile, I think Pete M has developed about as much as he’s going to at that level. He needs the first grade reps.

Last edited:
Eels side:

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Jake Tago
3. Will Penisini
4. Sean Russell
5. Blaize Talagi
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
9. Brendan Hands
10. Junior Paulo
11. Ryan Matterson
12. Bryce Cartwright
13. Sean Lane

14. Matthew Arthur
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Matt Doorey
17. Charlie Guymer

18. Daejarn Asi
19. Makahesi Makatoa
20. Wiremu Greig
21. Morgan Harper
22. Luca Moretti

Team list Tuesday babyyyyy!!!

Good to have it back after a week off! And it's a very settled line up for Round 18 against Parra which is nice. We haven't been able to say that much this Season. Obviously Trell and Cam are back from Origin duty which will be massive for us. The only thing that has really changed from the current full-strength line up, or the line up against the Broncos weeks ago is Cam into the right edge and Cheeks moving to the bench.

I like that. I really hope the reports aren't true that Keaon is going to move back to an edge. Cam is one of the best 13's in the comp of course, but Keaon has been a revelation there lately, and a big reason for our rise. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I like the balance of the side if Cam played edge and provided his strike out there, whilst still allowing Keaon to do what he's been doing in the middle.

While I'm not against Keaon going back to the edge (as long as he plays with the same effort and intensity), I would prefer them to run out as named. Interesting situation.

Otherwise, the side remains as expected. Tough for Gray to miss out, but it is what it is right now.

Good side, capable of beating Parra if we play as we have been.

Bring on Thursday night!!

If we’re awake to the fact that, at club level, Moses does sweet FA unless he kicks long or runs the short side on the last tackle, we should be winning again

Back