• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 18: Rabbitohs v Eels

It won’t be easy mate we will have to try nullify the offloads. Moses will target Kennar and Milne no doubt about it. Mind you they’re vulnerable out wide too and we need to do the same target them out wide

Everything about the last month suggest we win.

Ive been confident last few games.

Dunno why this one scares me.

That is surprising. I’d loved to have seen him take
Keppie’s spot this week.

I would only hope he’s being honest with himself here and he does actually use his new found confidence to get in the middle and take some runs (we aren’t a team with the outside backs to do that - certainly not at the moment).

It’s really up to him now as, like Lomax on the wing, we’ve seen the effect of Koloamatangi in the middle.

If he goes back to an edge, is less engaged and starts getting beaten at marker by faster bodies, ‘harder’ might become his new normal.

Sometimes hard is better for you Keaon. Comfort is a career killer.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t Furner get some praise for the improvement in defence? I.e the guy that was brought in to help out there instead of the guy who coaches another club?
Agree totally. Sometimes the defensive coach, like the defensive player can be an unsung hero. I would include also the coach who is motivating our attack. While we attack we put pressure on the opposition, then score points, which takes the pressure off us and then we defend less.

I would only hope he’s being honest with himself here and he does actually use his new found confidence to get in the middle and take some runs (we aren’t a team with the outside backs to do that - certainly not at the moment).

It’s really up to him now as, like Lomax on the wing, we’ve seen the effect of Koloamatangi in the middle.

If he goes back to an edge, is less engaged and starts getting beaten at marker by faster bodies, ‘harder’ might become his new normal.

Sometimes hard is better for you Keaon. Comfort is a career killer.
When Keaon last played on the edge he and the team were "less than motivated". I would rather Keaon in the middle but expect the same post JD motivation from him on the edge that we have seen in the past few weeks.
(we aren’t a team with the outside backs to do that - certainly not at the moment).
At the moment?

How have they returned to form?

They won one game since his return
It's just my perception, they defeated the sharks when MM returned and then lost again when he was out due to origin selection where he carved up the maroons mercilessly.

Stat Attack​

• The Eels have not defeated the Rabbitohs at CommBank Stadium since 2019.
  • The Rabbitohs have won seven of their past eight games against the Eels.
  • Eels winger Blaize Talagi has scored at least one try in his last six NRL games.
  • Rabbitohs winger Alex Johnston has scored 18 tries in 14 games against the Eels.
  • Eels winger Maika Sivo requires two tries for a century of tries in the NRL.
From NRl.com

Back