• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Hornby needs to relax

Up the Rabbitohs

Reaction score
Ben Hornby needs to not seem so stressed in a press conference every time they bring up the finals.

He also needs to pick his best 17 and find a spot for them. If he did then:
1. Jai Gray
3. Wighton
6. Mitchell
7. Walker

Wins 5 in a row and still getting advice from the peanut gallery…….

I think he is doing just fine….

I think he looks very much under control. good focus and telling the truth, all we can focus on is what we can control, which is each game as it comes.

He's been very impressive all round since he took the role.

I spoke to Ben last night after the game. He said he can’t wait to get home to read the Pride and get advice on the team to pick next week and our game plan.
Now I know that is not a pisstake. JD did it and his parting advice to Hornby was follow the prides advice, I did it religiously.

Ben is picking the same players as JD.

Difference is where JD wasn't coaching them to win, Ben is.
Not really - Wighton into the halves and Keaon to the middle have been two big switches.

There's been plenty of changes which have impressed me...
  • No.1 being our defensive structure changes on our edges (hold-and-slide vs up-and-in)
  • Moving Keaon to the middle
  • Using Moale properly (starting workhorse vs pseudo-impact player)
  • Utilising Latrell's kicking game
  • Wighton into the halves and Cody on the right (though this was probably more by necessity, but a good move none-the-less)
I really liked JD as a bloke, said everything right, but it's obvious the further we move away from him that he really was not the right coach for this club.

Latest posts

Back