• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 17: Rabbitohs v Knights

He was solid. I see him as a safer Knight replacement. Can’t see him as a first stringer, but a very good first or second reserve.

GLORY GLORY TO SOUTH SYDNEY ALTOGETHER NOW!!

What character and pride shown in the jersey the boys dug deep! 9 of our regular 17 out but that didn’t deter the boys!

I am so proud today.

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

I thought Fifita was ok considering it was his dirt game for us
Has the size and speed to be a very good prop, just needs to learn how to use it more

This is where Tom and hopefully Sam come in.

Teach a little bit of late footwork to accelerate at the line, get between defenders and drop his hip and shoulder into it

If he masters that he could be anything

He showed good effort in the 1%ers as did all our forwards tonight

It was nice seeing the Mitchells play first grade together. I think having Latrell in his ear at training helped remind Shaq to use his skills more and we saw some neat footwork and a nice offload. Apparently he can ball play a bit so would be nice to see him blossom in future.
It would be nice to see Shaq developed into that James Graham style of prop with a nice pass at the line

Feel like this year was always just a bonus for Shaq. The fact he is playing first grade is a tremendous effort.

I feel like with the run this year as well as another off season, well start to see what he can do next year.

Has the size and speed to be a very good prop, just needs to learn how to use it more

This is where Tom and hopefully Sam come in.

Teach a little bit of late footwork to accelerate at the line, get between defenders and drop his hip and shoulder into it

If he masters that he could be anything

He showed good effort in the 1%ers as did all our forwards tonight
Yeah, he's too head on into the collision still but he doesn't have Tom's bulk to bash down the door (although Tom also employs late footwork some of the time too as you say). Not sure about his motor but we certainly need the depth with Nicho leaving. Hopefully he Davvy and Shaq all come on in the coming seasons and we hang on to Tom for a bit longer and together with Tats who has really blossomed in the last few years, we'll be right up front.

I was very impressed with Latrell in everything he did last night.

In the conference, he was well spoken and charismatic.

On the field, he was a high contributor and those sideline conversions were beautiful and well needed at the time.

With his leadership, especially if he was confirming to challenge the ref with the numerous captain’s challenges - they were all on point.

Then the way he came in against Klemmer at the end showed to our team “ no one is getting away with that garbage on one of our players”. Loved it.

To do that as the first time Souths captain with his brother in the side is one to cherish in later years, very well played Latrell.

Klemmer was very intense last night, gave the boys a good workout. Nice win in the end.

Once again this weekend I am pretty busy so probably don't have time to do my proper match report sorry.

However, I did just watch the replay and am even more impressed today! It truly was remarkable and I agree with JD, one of the best wins ever from Souths in terms of character. I don't just say that, I really mean it. How many other teams in this comp would lose 8-9 of their regular players and still dominate a game for the most part? Not many.

The win was set up by our middles. Tom and Junior in particular were absolutely outstanding and got through huge minutes in the first half which they don't normally do. That really laid the platform for our win. I also though Keaon was pretty good at lock and Jed deserves some praise for his performance, particularly his defence as he came up with some huge tackles to stop tries down that left. The bench should all be proud of their efforts too, especially Davvy with that try-saver on best late in the game!

Very proud and happy with the way Trell and Cody stepped up and delivered. We really needed them to lead the way and they did that as both played a big part in our tries. Cody in particular was on fire! Two tries, one of them an 80 meter intercept and three great try assists, he was back to his best. Nikorima was thrown into the halfback position after 25 seconds and I thought he was really, really solid. Decent kicking game, had a hand in a few of our tries, and almost scored one himself with a darting run! Certainly his best game in the Red and Green. Tass has surely cemented his spot but needs to learn to set up his winger more.

On another note, it's obviously never great to concede 28 points but with all the players we had out, I don't care about that. That can be forgiven because the boys put in an overall monumental effort to win.

So, so proud today!!

I was very impressed with Latrell in everything he did last night.

In the conference, he was well spoken and charismatic.

On the field, he was a high contributor and those sideline conversions were beautiful and well needed at the time.

With his leadership, especially if he was confirming to challenge the ref with the numerous captain’s challenges - they were all on point.

Then the way he came in against Klemmer at the end showed to our team “ no one is getting away with that garbage on one of our players”. Loved it.

To do that as the first time Souths captain with his brother in the side is one to cherish in later years, very well played Latrell.
Latrell is in a rare head space of equal parts enthusiasm, invincibility and appreciation.

It’s a manic-esque sports mentality and I hope it takes him all the way to an absolutely dominant end of the year.

I think , on a couple of occasions, he seemed concerned about the cover coming to get the winger
the old night time, stay away from the sidelines mentality
Yeh that's to be expected. He's also playing for a position so he's probably reluctant to take risks. Give him more games that will change.

As the great Ted Lasso put up in the dressing room....

View attachment 30
Nikorima did well last night ,he kept a cool head & experience shined through with his kicks . Kicking a couple over the sideline near knights line was good to see , briefly resting the team . he had a bit of a dig in defence also which i think was his weakness in previous games .

What I liked the most about Fifita was the fact he took up that hit up right at the end. It’s one of those hard hit ups that leaders of forwards normally take.

Felt like he was trying to show to the rest of the team that he was ready to do the hard yards.

Latest posts

Back