• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 17: Rabbitohs v Knights

You can’t judge our defence on the other night.

I think the Eels game was the first time we fielded the right type of defensive oriented team.

That’s our benchmark.

Our defence is still quite poor.
I think I’ll cut them a bit of slack this week. Certainly wasn’t poor the previous week. Our 2 best defenders were missing. I’ll see how they go with having them both back in.

Jed has earned a spot on the bench in my opinion
JD has certainly hinted that he is part of his plans. Has said that it will allow him to move Jai to the middle. Also said if he wasn’t suspended would have played against Parra.

I sometimes think some people are watching a different game to me.
I particularly find it amusing when a player is having a good game, then will make one mistake and posters tell us for the rest of the thread how they are no good and need to be moved on. It's like the only thing that matters is the one mistake.
People see what they want to. Found it funny that a certain player was copping it for things that was another players fault.

I know Paulo isn’t everyone’s favourite player but I had to laugh that he was copping abuse for being tackled in goal when Latrell threw him a pass instead of going to the ground himself. Funnily that lead to the turn around in the game though.

As for the ref he certainly did have a shocker. I don’t think I have seen a ref constantly get it wrong so many times and have calls overturned. This is why we do need the video ref.

Only issue I have with Paulo currently is I feel like an extra 15% of his opportunities should be converted. And they’re not.

Reactions: VIP
I made the observation pre match that Cook, Murray and Arrow would normally contribute around 80% of our work through the middle and it would take a massive effort by our makeshift pack to compensate for that loss. Fortunately we saw Tom, Tevita and Keon lift to take control of the middle. I‘m confident that with the return of our Origin reps we have the forwards to match it with any team in the run to the finals.

Well, it's amusing.

I sometimes think some people are watching a different game to me.
I particularly find it amusing when a player is having a good game, then will make one mistake and posters tell us for the rest of the thread how they are no good and need to be moved on. It's like the only thing that matters is the one mistake.

I said elsewhere that When a reasonably handy, middle of the road NRL player doesn’t play like Cleary every single play they do seem to get cut down.
its madness.
if some actually watched opposition players with the same scrutiny that they do ours, many posts would be very different

if some actually watched opposition players with the same scrutiny that they do ours, many posts would be very different
Never a truer statement there. Have said it to mates so many times.

You just have to read other teams forums and social media pages. Read the comments through there.

To quote a famous lyric by Bon Jovi

“It’s all the same. Only the names will change”

People see what they want to. Found it funny that a certain player was copping it for things that was another players fault.

I know Paulo isn’t everyone’s favourite player but I had to laugh that he was copping abuse for being tackled in goal when Latrell threw him a pass instead of going to the ground himself. Funnily that lead to the turn around in the game though.

As for the ref he certainly did have a shocker. I don’t think I have seen a ref constantly get it wrong so many times and have calls overturned. This is why we do need the video ref.
I watched the replay again this morning. I thought Paulo had a pretty solid game. Particularly his second half.

Wingers get blamed a lot for the poor defensive performances of their inside men. In our case, Nikorima (Friday night), Koloa & Milne are leaving Paulo with overlaps to contend with.

His biggest issue, as I said elsewhere, is his confidence. I think he suffers from over thinking and lack of confidence. When he trusts himself he’s a much better player.

And the ref on Friday night had an absolute shocker. The only positive thing I can say is that he was consistently awful to both teams.

And the ref on Friday night had an absolute shocker. The only positive thing I can say is that he was consistently awful to both teams.
All I can say is I’m just glad there was a video ref and the captains challenge available.

Couldn’t believe the one where Milford played at it. Quite obvious he did. Then the Cody knock on that cost us a try. Luckily we scored anyway.

The ref consistently called infringements against Souths,all of which were called false by the bunker.Hallelujah
In a couple of cases Souths were off to score tries being called back by the klutz!
People on here dribble on that the ref has no influence on the result.
Bloody rubbish,1952 GF Don Lancashire.Souths lose
1969 GF Keith Page.Souths lose
1989 Final Bill Harrigan Souths lose!

Latest posts

Back