• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 17: Rabbitohs v Knights

It’s always great reading through the game thread after the game. Obviously at the game struggle to read it. It’s like living through the game again. Knowing at the time it happened going through the same emotions.

Was very cold out at the game last night. At the end of the game couldn’t feel my toes or fingers.

I felt when we lost Ilias it was going to be another one of those nights. Especially when the score was 16-6 and the Knights forced a drop out.

The game just turned so quickly.

Last night showed the character of the side. With so much adversity to come through like they did. Such an impressive win.

The class of Latrell and Cody showed. As been mentioned a few times just the presence of Latrell adds so much.

Tom was just immense for us. We needed so much from him and Junior. They both delivered. That would have had to be the most minutes Tom has played in a game?

Was great to see both Jed and Chee Kam back. Jed did well to play the full 80. JD certainly has a rap on him. There was a poor drop ball that could have ended bad for us. Will be better for the run.

Keaon had his best game this year as well. Also the other guys on the bench did well. Really liked what Saluka-Fifita added when he came on. In his first set he hit the ball up hard twice.

Davvy starting to show why he has the club excited about him. That tackle on Best. Potentially win the game for us.

The forwards is where it was won. This is where we thought we would struggle against their pack. I guess it shows that we have some depth in the forwards.

I know the Knights aren’t a great side. Quite poor actually. I also know they were missing Ponga and Gagai, but to beat any side with the injuries we had is a special win. I would have taken a golden point win.

On a personal level, what a special night it was for Latrell. First time captain and first time playing NRL with his brother. No wonder he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face. Such a great character of the game. Also loved the press conference.

We have a pack to match anyone in this comp. I've never doubted that . Our outside backs have been our weakness, but I'd suggest with Latrell now in many ways taking the eyes off those weaknesses we should start gelling. We have a genuine premiership team contender here. We would have won it last year had Latrell played in the GF and I still feel Lachie will be carving it up come finals time ,which will further enhance our chances.

Last edited:
I don't post during the game - I would have gone from euphoria to despair in the space of a few minutes and in the process said a lot of stupid things. We had been the better side but found ourselves trailing 6 - 16 and heaven knows what I would have written. My throat was already hoarse from screaming at the TV - I was cranky with everyone.

It's so much easier to wait to I've calmed down and then give a considered opinion.

Cheers

We have a pack to match anyone in this comp. I've never doubted that . Our outside backs have been our weakness, but I'd suggest with Latrell now in many ways taking the eyes off those weaknesses we should start gelling. We have a genuine premiership team contender here. We would have won it last year had Latrell played in the GF and I still feel Lachie will be carving it up come finals time ,which will further enhance our chances.
Spot on. I love the strength and versatility of our pack, including the bench. If the outside backs fire then we are near unstoppable. But I'd add the need for a good kicking game. So often our forwards win great field position only to have it nullified by the superior kicking game of the opponents.

Still with Cody back in form and Latrell out there, we can do a lot of damage in the finals.

Cheers

Our defence is still quite poor.
It certainly was. Our unusually high completion rate probably saved us from conceding a few more tries but more than 30 missed tackles against Newcastle isn't good. But, and it's an important but, we had a very makeshift team out there, so I think we should be thankful that we got away with the two points.

I think it would be a reasonable target to hold the Dogs to less than ten next week.

Cheers

I guess we can keep analysing the game (and I've been doing a lot of that) but in the end we should just be glad we collected the two competition points. That was our aim and we succeeded. Cartwright has come good at just the right moment and let's hope he can stay injury free.

I am looking forward to next week when we are close to full strength.

Cheers

It’s always great reading through the game thread after the game.
Well, it's amusing.

I sometimes think some people are watching a different game to me.
I particularly find it amusing when a player is having a good game, then will make one mistake and posters tell us for the rest of the thread how they are no good and need to be moved on. It's like the only thing that matters is the one mistake.

Then there are the Ref Spotters, those who go on and on about the ref for the entire game, even when the refs are clearly right.
But, that probably explains their strange opinions on players, far too busy to watch the actual game when you spend all your time whinging about refs.

I watched a replay of the game last night, not something I usually do.

We were much better than I initially thought. If there is one word that leaps out at me it is potential.
If we can get this side to click at the same time and keep players like Murray, Latts and Cody fit and firing, we can win the comp.

One of JD's biggest challenges is going to be getting our backs to do their job, including looking for support once a break is made. We missed about 4 tries on Friday just from not letting a simple pass go to a man in a better position.

Our forwards are strong, and we have depth in that area.

Get both working together, backs and forwards, and we will trouble any side, including those ******s from Penrith.

I really want another shot at them in the finals, last year still hurts.

Latest posts

Back