• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 15: Rabbitohs v Broncos

Such a great cause, I have a couple of their beanies, but they're fugly this year lol

Agree, our right edge will struggle with our opponents speed, (again). Our spine looked very good last week though and that could balance it out a bit.

I thought Kennar played pretty darn well last week but he is one of the slowest Centres in the comp. He is often beat on the outside and that's where the opposition will point their attack.
We desperately need some speed out wide on both sides imo.
Souths have a sad history of poor outside backs.
Yea, I know we've had some beauties over the years too but they're far between each other and it never seems to be a natural product that we produce and be able to keep.

The problem with Kennar is, you don’t get a string of average games. You get one where he holds his own. Maybe one where he’s average. Then one where you can’t figure out how he still has an NRL contract. And then he gets dropped or injured.

Getting a win with Richie in the side, count your blessings and cash out!

If Cam plays, shift Chee Kam to centre and let Richie play off the bench.

Would love to have Skip back - as long as he’s fully recovered.

Also just checked NRL Casualty Ward and the say Stretch and Junior are due back R18. Anyone got an update on that?

Yes, until you look at Kennar, Milne vs Cobbo, Staggs. Then you come back to reality with a thud.
Big chance Karapani will be in the centre and Cobbo to the wing. That will even things up as Karapani's defensive reads have been atrocious at best.

This game makes me nervous, because I have a little bit of hope again…not for making the 8 - that ship sailed a few weeks ago, despite mathematical chances - but for making a better show in our games and giving the comp a bit of a scare.

It’s also good that Cam is looking like he’s back and hopefully we manage his workloads over the next few weeks (origin aside).

But Brisbane are coming off back to back losses and will be hungry.

I just can’t see us winning this game. I think we’ll be towelled up on the edges by the athletic Brisbane outside backs.

This game makes me nervous, because I have a little bit of hope again…not for making the 8 - that ship sailed a few weeks ago, despite mathematical chances - but for making a better show in our games and giving the comp a bit of a scare.

It’s also good that Cam is looking like he’s back and hopefully we manage his workloads over the next few weeks (origin aside).

But Brisbane are coming off back to back losses and will be hungry.

I just can’t see us winning this game. I think we’ll be towelled up on the edges by the athletic Brisbane outside backs.
I mean, given our start to the year, any positive footy, close games, or wins are a bonus at this point. We’ve got nothing to lose and the pressure is off. Enjoy!

From nrl.com

Stat Attack​

• The Rabbitohs have scored 88 points in their past two games.
  • The Broncos have won four of their past five games against the Rabbitohs.
  • Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell has scored 48 points in his past four games.
  • The Broncos play their first game at Accor Stadium since the 2023 grand final.
  • The Rabbitohs require 17 points to reach 40,000 points scored since 1908.

Latest posts

Back